steve@SOG

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by mokinbird87, Aug 31, 2007.

1. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

ok so just because he threatens to pull out the recorded conversation, you just drop it?

why not let him pull out the conversation and see if what the OP says is true, then shouldn't someone check it out?

I know you are a busy guy Will, and I appreciate you checking into it, but like the OP and a few others that have posted in this thread, I have had less than par experiences with Steve, and would love for something to come from the situation.

Once again, thanks for looking into it Will.

-brett

[​IMG]

Edit: Jackie Chan added by Alex

2. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

3. WJM

WJM Banned

Dunno.

he recordings SPECIFICALLY for INTERNAL purposes ONLY...so, dunno how this would be handled. More like to make sure employees are not screwing the company itself rather than protecting it from the outside.

Reason why i dropped it is because we got other dood's oil cap thing resolved, and i had other pressing issues that needed attention...and money waiting to be made. I have to spend about 80% of my day FINDING the money, 15% of it waiting on authorization, and then 5% making it. So i really cant spend too much time on things....gotta pick and choose the battles, I'm trying to win a war here. if I knew I had the extra few hours to wait in finding the recordings, and converting/copy/posting it here...then I would have. *shrug*

4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Being technical I hate getting sucked into or impacted by too much political or HR crap myself. I don't see where he'd be expected to fight for this, but if he elects to that's his choice.

If there issues from multiple customers that warrant escalation it's probably better to go up the management chain. If there are trends of calls from dissatisfied customers that aren't money related, but more service related, a good manager will usually investigate, but then again if your at another shitty car dealership, your prabably just screwed.

5. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Did you know that its illegal to record phone conversations without permission

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

it says when you first call in that your convo may be recorded.

7. slowwrx

When you call you get the receptionist.

8. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

It also says your phone call may be recorded for such and such reason.

9. slowwrx

I have never gotten a pre recorded message at SOG, what number are you calling?

10. WJM

WJM Banned

Hey, not my problem. All i know is that it exists, and for that reason, i do NOT talk on the phone system at the dealership.

11. WJM

WJM Banned

Would have to be the main number...as all the direct department numbers dont have anything before parts/service/etc pick up.

12. slowwrx

Interesting....

LOL

13. WJM

WJM Banned

It's seriously is not my problem. It would be if I talked on it like my cell phone...I'd be out of a job. But...I stay off the dealer phone....so I keep my job.

14. slowwrx

Oh I know its not, I wasn't trying to imply that it was. Its just funny stuff

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive never heard the "this conversation may be recorded" bit either.

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

you gotta call the 1800 number

17. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Maybe this is why Scott insists on talking on his cell phone even though he knows it irks me :) I'll have to tel him that we don't record phone calls :D

~Tracy

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heh I would think SS would go berserk if he didn't have his cell phone....or his bluetooth for that matter :keke:

19. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

It's a huge issue for me. I don't like people talking on the phone when they are working. I feel one should be focusing on the job, not the phone. We have a secretary for that...her name is Mike :D

~Tracy

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I can understand that. But trust me Scott is VERY thorough as you know. He was on the phone when he tuned my car almost the entire time......result is the 1/4 Mile Killer.

21. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:rofl:

22. slowwrx

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA breath breath haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahhaha ah ha passes out

23. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Awesome to know ;) I'll have to talk to him about that since he's not supposed to be doing that. Thanks for the heads up. It's nice to know that the rules are being ignored. :)...unless of course that wasn't at our shop. ;)

You know, it's also not about how thorough one is. It's about productivity, being efficient and being able to charge the customer correctly. Some people, I won't mention names, can spend all day on the dyno and only charge for 2 or 3 hours.....which could potentially be attributed to one not being focused. My job is to make sure everyones time is used efficiently. In order to do that variables have to be cut out. It's not a necessity to have a phone in your ear in a place where that is handled for you.

Anyways, back to Steve sucking. This isn't my thread :D

~Tracy

24. slowwrx

CoolRex got tuned at SOG

25. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Dammit. Now who am I going to yell at??? The secretary?

26. socrates42

socrates42 Member

how about you not yell at anyone? hmm?

27. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

How about I just keep joking about yelling at people?? :) Will that do?

~Tracy

28. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

did someone say secretary?

-mike

29. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

*yells* GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE I START RECORDING YOUR PHONE CALLS AND LOGGING YOUR KEYS!

~Tracy

30. slowwrx

Quiet Stevvvv....err....Tracy

31. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

We document and archive all these conversations... :)

32. WJM

WJM Banned

OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

*edits all posts*

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

This was at SOG! Sorry.

Soooooo you are the reason I can't ever get in contact with Siegel during the day! He's busy tuning! Thanks for nothing! LOL I'm just kidding of course!

I was wondering why he got off the phone when he started to tune the Del Sol yesterday.

34. techlord

techlord Active Member

Ahhhahahahah
    Yo secretary, you get my pads and fluid yet?

35. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

LOL. I must be the reason. I'm actually glad to hear that. Mike is a great secretary and he knows his stuff. You can't ask for more in a secretary. He gets so bored if he doesn't have phone cals to answer :D You can call him and if need be and Mike can't take care of you, he will get Scott to call you back when he is done. Scott is expensive and we need to keep him efficiently working on the dyno to pay for his high maintenance ass......:D Awwwww Scott, if you read this....I love high maintenance...you're so cute when you do it :D:D:D:D

36. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

:barf:

nothing like a little pillow talk to keep hacking away at our street cred...

37. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Lets try to stay on topic guys and gals ;)

38. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^Steve *politely* requests that we stay off topic...lol

39. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

haha...good luck finding anything of use in all of my posts:)

40. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

Is Steve the ~5'9'' dude with the semi-balding spot on the back of his head and what looks like the startings of a comb-over? (can't make a better description, but i imagine there aern't many people there that fit this descr.) I think I heard once he is- I've asked some pretty stupid questions at SoG and I've never had an issue with him, maybe it's just over the phone? I just brought my car in for work and he (or the person whom I described) seemed fine.

41. scooby_snacks

I think Steve had/has a moustache.

42. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

so, is steve gone from SOG?

43. WJM

WJM Banned

Yes.

44. 4sevens

4sevens Member

What happened? Whos at SOG now?

45. WJM

WJM Banned

The service manager from infiniti has taken over both stores now.

For those who dont know: SOG is part of Roswell Motorcars: Infiniti of Roswell, Infiniti of Gwinnett and SOG.

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I met the new service manager yesterday. He seems like a really nice and friendly guy :)

47. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

of course hes nice and friendly..he's the new guy in charge...haha..give him sometime and let us know how you like him =)....i'm sure ill be up there soon for something

48. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Trust me, some people start off thinking that they are the king of the world. I didn't get a bad vibe from this guy. We'll see how it turns out in the long run though :)

49. scooby_snacks

did he seem mod friendly or does the ownership want to steer away from that nowadays?

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Well, Jonathan (tech) said that the new manager likes power. When I met him, everything going in my car was aftermarket. My guess is that the dealership is going to be as mod friendly as it was. If you go up there, make sure you talk to Neal to get your order written up. He's a real good guy.