STOLEN: 2008 Acura TL, 2000 Honda Civic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, May 30, 2011.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Both from my garage around 7am. Be on the lookout, please feel free to skull fuck the dirt back son of a bitches that did it. Stolen from my house in Marietta, one mile south of the square.

2008 Acura TL, Charcoal Gray, Georgia Tech license plate GT106F

[​IMG]

2000 Honda Civic EX, 2-door coupe, light gray, keyed on the driver's side door.

I'll see if I can find a picture of this one

*Edit*
    If you see them, DO NOT approach them, call the police. The Acura has a loaded .45 in the glove box

6/7 Edit
    I called Precinct 3 this morning and spoke w/ the officer, who then handed it over to the detectives. I just received a call a few minutes ago saying that the car was released from its hold. The wreck service has a body shop next door that does work for them and they said they assessed the exterior of the car and nothing was wrong w/ it. The removed the wrecked, undriveable tag and replaced w/ stolen. I now have to get the car up to an Acura dealership as they have to have the car on site for key replacement, something about laser cut and programming. At this point, I still haven't seen the car or heard anything regarding the interior, but keep your fingers crossed. I'm slammed at work right now so I won't be able to get up there till this afternoon, but I'll update everybody as soon as I know anything more

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

General area they were stolen from?

Also, holy shit! Right out of your garage? Were you home?

3. 07Ltd#767

updated first post, thanks. Cops said there've been a string of these from this area that are turning up downtown.

4. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I live downtown......

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yep...like I said in text. this sucks pretty hardcore. sorry dude. :(

I'm pretty sure I was being cased last night as well as someone followed me into my neighborhood last night. They were going the opposite way of me, then all of the sudden, were behind me on my street. Definitely didn't live here.

Not sure if it's the same people, but it was a white Grand Cherokee, maybe like a 2000 model year. I think it was the limited as it didn't have black bumpers. chrome wheels.

Since we're really not that far from each other, it could be related.

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

jeez dude :(

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

holsters are cheaper than cars, sorry for the gun loss

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

There was also a gun in the Acura, an HK USP .45acp. If anyone finds one of those for sale on any of the local forums, please PM me as I have the serial number and can confirm if it is mine

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

So, you're saying that you always take your gun with you when you exit the vehicle?

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

Dang I'm so sorry bro and hope the shit bags drop the soap in the shower after thy a arrested

:(

11. Popsmear

Popsmear Member

That sucks :( If I ever suspect someone is tailing me I drive around a little bit. Feels like it happens in my neighborhood :/

12. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Damn sorry to hear bout this Drew...did they break the locks of your garage?

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Damn dude, sucks. WTF, both cars......

14. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Shit, dude. I'll keep an eye out to see if it shows up down here in the hood.

15. wrxin8or

didnt break anything. garage door was left open

yep, took drews TL and katies civic, but couldn't find the keys for my G35

they didnt take the bikes either, which is nice

16. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

keep my keys at my side at night etc, assholes are gonna have to wake me up to get them.

hope everything gets taken care of for you guys

17. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Wow, that is rough. So I am guessing they used some sort of scanner to open the garage? That is just crazy that someone would go IN the garage and make off with two cars.

18. b reel

b reel Active Member

as long as where I'm going doesn't have a metal detector and a guard, yes

if at home guns are in the house.

19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Some of us don't carry guns in our vehicles that can be easily concealed while shopping at Kroger at 2am...on that note, it might be time to evaluate some new options.

20. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Damn that's not far from my house...sorry to hear it

21. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about this. I've had cars stolen before and the whole process sucks. Best thing that ever happened to me after having my car stolen is when they found it burned out. I got a truck back after it was stolen and taken for a joyride and it was never the same. People suck.

I hope everything works out as well as it can at this point. Good Luck.

Edit: too bad you didn't catch these filthy f*cks in the act with the 45 in hand. Attached garage is part of the house according to the law iirc.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  22. b reel

b reel Active Member

Kahr PM45 is a nice compact as I've said over an over

23. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

someones life is not worth taking over a car. That's why we pay for insurance month to month in cases like these.

24. liltoua

liltoua Member

Wow that's just crazy. I can understand getting your car stolen from an open garage, but a closed garage likes yours...that's crazy.

25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

garage door was left OPEN.

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Where did they get the keys? Were the keys in the car/

27. tolnep

tolnep Member

im curious about this. how did they get the cars started? the acura in particular?

secondly i live in marietta, 1 mile south of the square, im trying to figure out where that is. is it between roswell street and back towards the loop? perhaps in the newer condos that never got complete built out?

not far from south fairground?

there's a small gunstore on south fairground. deer creek and they got broken into about a month back.

that area is a mixed bag.

28. 07Ltd#767

sorry guys, been avoiding technology today, trying to ignore the numbness...

the garage was unfortunately left open, it was a mistake, one that we'll learn from. Keys were in the car, along w/ my wallet. THANK GOD nobody was hurt...what makes me more sick than anything was that some scumbag had a loaded gun in my house. The situation could have been MUCH worse, especially had they come inside. Cars are material, they can be replaced - that's no big deal to me. The fact that some asshat is running around w/ a gun sourced from me is what really makes my stomach turn.

Overall it's just a shitty situation, but, like I said, it could've been much worse. I'm really just thankful that Katie, Brett, my dog, Nicad and STiBottom are okay, everything else can be replaced.

And no, if somebody comes onto my property with the intention of either taking something from me or to cause harm, I will pull the trigger without hesitation. Had I walked downstairs during the act (I'm thankful I didn't), my brash attitude would've instantly escalated the situation

29. 07Ltd#767

probably - it's magnolia chase, across from the tag office, the new town home community that's by the 1848 house

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

If I'm reading this correct, you had a gun in one of your cars? What did you lose?

31. 07Ltd#767

yeah, glove box. What did I lose? other than two cars, not sure what else you're looking for???

32. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

:squint:

"The fact that some asshat is running around w/ a gun sourced from me is what really makes my stomach turn."

If I'm reading right, you lost a certain fire arm. I was wondering what fire arm it was, aside from the two cars. g/l on retrieving everything. I was a victim of GTA few years back. Fools stole my first car.

33. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Oh man... I'm really sorry to hear that.
    Like you said, at least nobody got hurt. But I really hope they find the fucks that did it/are apart of the whole scheme of things, as it seems to be.

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dude read all the posts. It's been answered several times.

Drew that blows man. Did they crank the cars and leave or you think they pushed them out and started outside? Man that really does suck.

Just glad all of you are fine.

35. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

posts 1 and 8 have the gun. a loaded .45

36. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

It was a HK .45.

I'll keep an eye out for it on a couple forums.

37. John

John Active Member

Maybe you should post the serial number of your pistol. I know a lot of people don't like to do this, but if you have already reported it as stolen....it can't hurt anything to post the s/n. There a tons of HKs out there

Its not hard to conceal a full sized pistol. If you wear it right and use a decent holster, you can conceal just about anything. I'm a fairly small guy and I use to carry a FN P9M. Its not quite full size, but its not compact either.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  38. wrxin8or

I'd rather not post the s/n, but if you come across one on a local forum please let me know.

Thanks,

Brett

39. John

John Active Member

Brett,

Keep an eye on Craigslist. Tons of stolen stuff surfaces there. I'll keep an eye out for the cars while I'm around town....and I'll keep an eye out for a HK.

Was there anything different about it? blued slide, stainless slide, aftermarket grips, night sights, etc.....or was it all stock?

40. wrxin8or

Bone stock v1.

41. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

damn dude, i am sorry to hear that :(

42. 97s14

97s14 New Member

You don't have to worry about anything insurance should take care of everything lost... like you said just as long as everyone is safe. Sooner or later karma will catch up with those douchebags.

43. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

This is one of the reasons why I have a camera setup on my car and home. Paranoid....yes I am.

44. John

John Active Member

Don't you have a camera set up inside your car as well? lol

Mr. Camera

45. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Damn, sorry to hear about this! I am glad to hear that no one was hurt.

I have forgotten to leave my garage closed several times, that this will make me think twice next time.

46. b reel

b reel Active Member

Is this what you meant?

47. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Fixed. Intent was to make sure that I double check it being closed, vs being forgetful.

Regardless, sorry to hear that this happened.

48. Jake

Jake Active Member

like i said on facebook. i'll keep my eyes out down here in the statesboro savannah area, and on those craigslists (usually on just about every day anyways).

49. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well that's shitty. Please let me know if I may be of help.

50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No lie I saw an exact replica of your TL with Ga plates in Myrtle Beach yesterday.....made me think about what happened to you.

It really sucks. Any progress or news? I'd imagine cars are prolly in a chop shop somewhere.