STOLEN: 2008 Acura TL, 2000 Honda Civic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, May 30, 2011.

1. b reel

b reel Active Member

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

No news. They were probably already chopped by the time the police took the report...

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Thanks for all the support guys, still no news as of yet. Both Katie and I have already given up hope, and in reality neither of us really want to see the cars again (unless they have all of our stuff in them...laf).

I cross posted this to /r/atlanta, and this, unfortunately, was the best response i've gotten:

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

neighbors truck was stolen on a tuesday morning. call came across of an abandoned vehicle the following thursday it was no more than 4 miles away. 3 weeks later tow company picked up the truck ran the numbers and popped up stolen. Guess who didn't do their job when the truck was tagged?

5. 07Ltd#767

Well, just got off the phone w/ the claims adjuster, pretty much told me I won't see it again. He said he's had a couple 2008 TL's already stolen this year and not a single one has been recovered. Said they'll most likely find Katie's car, as it was a victim of circumstance, but it will probably be ragged / stripped out (she had a sound system in the car as well). Their recovery time is 3 weeks, at which point they'll cut me a check for the value of the car (we'll cross that bridge when it gets here).

6. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Though it sucks that it's gone, having our Camry stolen was pretty good for both of us. The insurance company gave us about 3x what we could have possibly hoped to sell it for.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'd argue to high heavens about the gun and other stuff that was in it.

8. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Plus they were in the garage so if auto won't cover the things not permanently installed in the cars home owner's should, although with another deductible.

9. 07Ltd#767

^^^

correct. Total loss was $200 in cash (not insured), $150 GPS unit, $160 sunglasses, $30 phone charger, $700 pistol. We're not going to report it under homeowners as we have a $1000 deduct, IIRC

10. 07Ltd#767

we're really hoping this for Katie's car, as she paid half the book value for it and the tranny was on it's last leg.

Plus, she really wants a WRX and since she works at SoK, she gets all service / parts for virtually nothing

11. wrxin8or

I thought we were finally getting all of the subaru stuff out of the house...:rofl:

12. 07Ltd#767

we've gotta put nicad's wheels / exhaust on something

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sell them like she sells herself?

14. 07Ltd#767

i mean, how'd you think i got her to date me

15. Kakies

Kakies New Member

debatable.

You should all be extremely jealous of my Chevy Malibu rental.

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

roofies

17. wrxin8or

I am going to take that thing off some sweet jumps when I get home

I drive a malibu every week

18. Kakies

Kakies New Member

But the nice man at the rental place said I'm the only one that can drive it!

19. Matt

:rofl:

like that's stopped anyone before.

20. wrxin8or

And you think that is going to stop me?

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

floories

[​IMG]

22. Kakies

Kakies New Member

You know what my mom said?

"Did they tell you no one else can drive it? You might have to be the DD for awhile."

HAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Sure thing, Mom.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Classic.

24. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Yes yes and yes...I take a pictcha...:)

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Start a new thread and post pics of your setup please?

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

so who's up for a track day in the Bu?

27. Matt

Drew's got all that knowledge. :rofl:

28. 07Ltd#767

Don't leave Jeb outta that

MUSTANG FURY!!!

29. techlord

techlord Active Member

Don't forget the SGI tezro in the trunk you were bringing back to me...I have the receipt for 80K. ;)

30. FACE

FACE Active Member

Any word Drew?

31. 07Ltd#767

Negative on both cars. I talked to my adjuster last week, he said we can cross our fingers, but not to hold my breath. He said that this is the 4th case this year of the exact same year / make / model and they've yet to find a single one.

That said - be on the lookout for a cheap (~$4k range) WRX, any year model that's not on a salvage title. Most likely, the only way we'll find one is w/ a blown motor or tranny, either of which are fine with us. Katie's only going to get back ~$6k for her civic (hopefully, then pull out deductibles and lost valuables, as neither of us are filing homeowner's insurance claims) and and we're looking for a Subaru for her to get into, as SoK can do all the parts / service calls. We've been scouring CL to no avail.

Me...I'm looking at getting a 2007+ tahoe or yukon. We'll eventually be getting a boat, as well as trailering quite a bit of bikes around in the near future, plus we can cram 7 or 8 people back there in comfort and still go to the lake / camping / caving / snowboarding / etc. If anybody has any friends in the used car business, that's most likely where I'll start. Katie has till this weekend before she gets her check cut, I have till next weekend. At this point, we've pretty much lost hope on recovery, as everything we've come across leads us to believe that if not found in the first 48-72 hours, if you do find it, you probably wish you didn't.

Big thanks to everybody in the community for all your support

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sorry again man. You'll love the practically a SUV can offer. Hence why I freaking love my Xterra....I can pull boats with it, throw the canoe on top, haul 5 people very comfortably, and also take both my dogs or various cargo whereever I want.

I have a buddy that has a 99 Tahoe for sale. 54K miles for like $6500 iirc. But that's much older than you are looking for.

33. 07Ltd#767

LOL - just got off the phone w/ adjuster

THEY FOUND MY CAR

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Details! Is it messed up?

35. 07Ltd#767

No idea, i'm on the phone w/ Cobb COunty police right now, they don't release conditions, just the holding yard where my car is. I'll get the information and go and see the damage this afternoon. Hopefully it's exactly like i left it or completely fucked up / demolished. I really don't want to have to deal with retrieving 60% of my car

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oh I completely understand. Not to mention other crap that may be found in there. Good luck dude!

37. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Drew, there are some weird rules with theft recoveries. Alot of times you don't have to accept the car if you don't want to.

38. 07Ltd#767

i've heard about this, hopefully it will be as i left it or completely trashed and I won't have to cross this bridge. Regardless, I'm still thinking about getting an SUV, I may not have this car much longer.

I still can't believe they found it...or, that they found it last week, and I'm just now hearing about it now. I mean, good job CC for finding it, but you didn't think to call me?

39. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I bet your sunglasses are still in there

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

But what about the Civic? Surely it was the same people that stole it too.

41. 07Ltd#767

It's wrecked, not drivable, according to the wrecker service. It's currently under hold from Cobb County pending investigation from forensics, blah blah blah. Hopefully the dick head douchebags that did this got severely injured in the process...

42. J_P

Sorry to hear they found it. Too bad that statement wasn't followed by "and it's been burned out" . Hopefully it's totaled.

43. 07Ltd#767

still no word, have our fingers crossed...

talk about an emotional rollercoaster...

44. J_P

I hate dealing with insurance companies in general, but getting your car stolen is the worst. Having to come to grips with the fact that it is gone, and then possibly get it back completely molested. It will never drive the same. Definitely an emotional rollercoaster. Hopefully you end up with the Tahoe you want out of all this.

45. 07Ltd#767

Can anybody elaborate on this? I'm looking all over the place, and though I've heard this from a couple different people, I can neither confirm nor deny this.

46. wrxin8or

this will be hilarious

47. Kakies

Kakies New Member

God God Dammit Dammit. A freaking MILE from our house...

I wonder where my car's at right now :[

48. Kakies

Kakies New Member

It'd be hilarious if he hadn't just replaced them yesterday...

49. J_P

Maybe they couldn't handle the TL and wrecked it a mile from the house then got away in your civic :|

50. wrxin8or

my point exactly ;)

odds are he will lose/break a pair anyway...