Subaru Bucks at Classic

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by heathbar, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

let me know when you get to the harsh part.

2. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

It'll be when I go visit your mom later tonight. Her stubble's killer.

3. Matt

hey now...I'm not justin. no need for all that. :p :wtc:

4. blaster

:rofl:

5. heathbar

heathbar Member

EXACTLY my point! Thank you blaster, I'm glad someone gets it. They ACCEPTED the Subaru Bucks, now they're calling me to fix THEIR mistake!

This is NOT me trying to convince people/dealerships to pretend that my car is really a Subaru. It's not a Subaru, I know that! I just want some vehicle maintenence from a good mechanic who knows the difference between a boxer engine and a boxster engine. I was under the FALSE IMPRESSION that Subaru Bucks would be a good way for me to pay for that.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  6. blaster

Tell them exactly what I said, it's their problem, and they can get bent. And then take your business to a different dealership if you feel like you need to.

7. heathbar

heathbar Member

Wow! :asshole:

Speaking of reading comprehension, blaster > *

8. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Subaru service would be any service performed by the Subaru dealership. If I bring a GM vehicle to the Subaru dealership for an oil change and they change it isn't that a Subaru performed service? If they have to order non Subaru parts to complete the task that's another story, but it's still "Subaru service and parts at any of the Subaru authorized dealers" "Subaru service" doesn't state it has to be a Subaru vehicle. If there is an understanding between the dealerships and SOA then the dealership should not have accepted the Subaru bucks as payment to begin with, AND that is total crap since it is not clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions. It would need to say something like this:

"SubaruBucks are redeemable toward the purchase or lease of any new Subaru vehicle in addition to the purchase of Subaru service* and parts at any of the Subaru authorized dealers, and are earned by making purchases with the Subaru MasterCard from Chase (the “Card”).

* Only valid for service on Subaru vehicles.

9. Matt

I see both sides of the argument here as being valid. While it doesn't specifically state that SubaruBucks MUST BE USED on a subaru vehicle when it comes to service, it's rather implied as that's why you have the credit card through chase, because you own a Subaru.

In Heath's case, SoG turned the other way and committed fraud against Chase Bank by accepting these for a non Subaru vehicle to be service. I hate to say it, but they used to do this quite often, as did other dealerships. Classic thought it could be done until Chase came back to them and said this is an invalid claim and you can not use this 'money' for the services performed due to it not being a Subaru BRANDED vehicle. B/c when it comes down to it, it's not a Subaru, it's a Saab. SoA will not warranty a Saab 9-2x, just as Saab (GM) would not warranty a Subaru.

There really isn't much more to discuss. Both sides had valid points, but in the end, Chase needs to amend their Terms & Conditions to specifically state service must be performed on a Subaru branded vehicle, not a vehicle that was assembled at a Subaru Plant and then badged as a different manufacturer's vehicle.

10. heathbar

heathbar Member

JP, you're wasting your time man...

11. Matt

[​IMG]

12. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Love you guys :p

13. heathbar

heathbar Member

Thanks, I appreciate you acknowledging our side of the debate (unlike someone that resorts to personal insults). You're right, most of us agree the wording is ambiguous and should be amended. At this point we're definetely just debating for the sake of shits and giggles. :pssh: (edit: awesome dead horse post! haha!)

Like I said before, I'm not trying to convince anyone I own a Subaru. It could be a Dodge Ram for all I care. I just saw Subaru as a place that could perform knowledgable service on my vehicle and until now, I thought I could use Subaru Bucks to pay for that.

I do not understand the "warranty" analogies that keep being used. This is not a warranty or even close to one. It's a gift certificate, as good as cash at the dealership. Classic took the gift certificate. End of story (or so I thought).

14. Matt

From me, warranty was just used as a point. I know you have no warranty left on your car. :p

mainly my post was stating that SoG used to do that, but it was fraudulent and they knew it, yet did it anyway. They get busted and ALL the dealerships pay. Not saying they were the only ones doing it, but as far as I know, they were the only Atlanta area dealer doing it.

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just want to plug in that I indeed do see both sides of the story and that they are both very valid. But in reality that is what was intended to be done with the subaru bucks.....services on subarus.

Classic took the money and the op should be done. However I see this as Classic treating the non-receipt as a returned check so to speak. I don't agree with that but could see why Classic would do what they did. They trying to get their money and who knows....maybe some idiot would say ok and pay the money.

Pretty much Classic is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

16. heathbar

heathbar Member

^ Are you saying I'm an idiot if I pay the money and take back my Subaru Bucks? ;)

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not if you get your Subie bucks back ;) If not then you just blew $200 for nothing.

18. slowdriver

slowdriver Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_9-2X

The 9-2X is a SUBARU. Built buy FHI, in J-PAN. PERIOD. VIN follows the EXACT same procedure as 100% of the 2002~2007 Impreza chassis with the exception of the 3rd digit. (JF1 vs JF4)

95% parts commonality with any given 2002~2007 Impreza RS/2.5i/WRX/OBS.

He took his SUBARU to a SUBARU dealer for SUBARU service and paid for that service and parts (from SUBARU) in SUBARU bucks.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

You can take ANY FoMoCo vehicle to ANY FoMoCo dealer and have it serviced, NO PROBLEM.

You can take ANY GM product to ANY GM dealer and have it serviced, NO PROBLEM.

Same for Lexus/Toyota.
    Same for Acura/Honda.
    Same for Infiniti/Nissan.
    Same for Dodge/Jeep/Eagle/Chrysler/Plymouth (before realignment).

Saab 92x's come to SUBARU dealers instead of Saab dealers because the Saab techs SUCK. Guess what? SUBARU dealers can get 95% of the parts needed for that vehicle. All of them get serviced w/out issue unless the SUBARU dealer is shitty already. I dont see the problem here.

That being said, each dealer handles SUBARU bucks differently. Some dealers refuse to take them. Some let you buy used cars with them. Some let you buy tuning thats not even on the same invoice (read: dealer owned performance shop that is a subsidiary of a SUBARU dealer, but not linked to the dealer except thru paperwork not related to SOA). Some let you buy whiteline/DEFI/deadbolt/NAPA parts with them. Others only let you buy SUBARU parts and service for your SUBARU with them.

End result: If the dealer doesnt budge, call SOA. SOA will bend over and take whatever you tell them if you use the correct words.

And if you guys want to keep arguing, take this and chew on it:

Pontiac is no more. Many dealers are already gone. Many Pontiac cars are still under warranty.

What happens when there are no more Pontiac dealers and you have a Federal emissions failure while under the Federal warranty?

Are you screwed?

NO!!!

Take it to any GM dealer for warranty.
    BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Pontiac is no Chevy/GMC/Buick/Caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad. They warranty it.

So whats going to happen when all the Saab dealers are gone and you *MIGHT* still have a warranty on your Saab 92x?

There are ZERO GM dealers that will service or warranty them due to the lack of being able to get PARTS FROM SOA/FHI not to mention the simple task of being able to lookup vehicle info/history/parts.

Not to mention that you will likely be turned away from any GM dealer for simple service. Any of the Saab 92x vehicles are NOT compatible with ANY current GM diagnostics, information database or any tools.

Where will you go?????????????????????????

If your answer is not "A SUBARU Dealership" then you are a FUCKING IDIOT.

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I guess I'm an idiot.

FYI A Subaru is technically NOT a Subaru.....it's a FHI owned subsidary. The 92x is a FHI owned subsidary. SUBARU has NOTHING to do with Saab. Its all under FHI.

End of story.

20. blaster

I thought we were done with this.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Indeed.

22. slowdriver

slowdriver Banned

There was too much dumb shit in here, I had to post.

23. heathbar

heathbar Member

slowdriver, thanks for the advice with SoA.

No offense to the posters, but this thread is full of internet forum sentiment cliches! :rofl: Add it to the list!

-"There was too much dumb shit in here, I had to post."

-"If I was wrong I would have never posted in here."

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  24. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

If I was wrong would you be out $200?

25. heathbar

heathbar Member

^ what does the post you quoted have to do with you being wrong/right?

I was just saying that I bet thousands of interweb peoples have those exact same thoughts. ;)

26. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

fair enough, carry on...:)