Dealer Review Subaru of Gwinnett Parts

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by eyeballs, Jun 8, 2011.

1. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

I've dealt with SOG on a number of occasions and have never had a bad experience. Recently I ordered some parts (their "internet" prices are very competitive) and drove down from Gainesville to pick them up. I got home and realized I was missing a part. Called up the next morning (today) and they politey agreed to overnight it to me.

I was dissapointed when I realized I was missing the part, but pleasantly surprised at how easy the issue was resolved.

So far SOG is one of the best dealerships I've dealt with on all accounts (parts, service, sales).

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Lisa at SoG rocks. She's the main reason to go there

3. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

Yup, she was a huge help. Even e-mailed me a parts diagram. I would have put her name in the post above but for some reason I am horrible remembering names.

4. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I've never dealt with SOG's parts or service, but the last time I dealt with their Sales department, it was terrible. It was 2006 and my mother and I were going to co sign on a 2004 WRX together. Her credit score at the time was 807 and income was 45k plus a year. My credit was 740 with an annual income of 35k plus a year. They tried to come back and give us a 17% APR on this 2 year old car. We immediately started to get up and walk out and then they tried to catch us in our car and say they could do it at 5%. My mother, in a much more polite way than I would have, pretty much said "Screw you". What they tried to do was the epitome of a "Dirty Dealer".

Now let's advance a few years. This year - 2012. I called the parts one time, and asked them if they offer discounted rates for disabled veterans, as I am one, or discounted rates for it being a large job, b/c I am in the process of completely replacing my engine. I was told by a female, and I wont name any names, that the cheapest rate they could offer was $110 an hour. I even asked about a few parts, up pipe-down pipe and turbo inlet gaskets, and everything was going to be $50.

I decided to call around. I called Subaru of McDonough and talked to Brian and Ray. They have only been selling and servicing Subaru's since January, but were very knowledgeable and I asked them the same questions. He said if it is a large job, or military discount, he could probably do it for around $85 -$90 an hour and those same gaskets were only $35. I highly recommend these guys for your parts and service if you have the time to deal with them.

5. Sixth_Vang

Sixth_Vang Member

Their parts department is the only good thing there. There was a young lady at the counter and when I said downpipe gasket she immediately knew what I was asking for. Impressed! Be prepared to wait sometimes though. They don't exactly get too much traffic.

6. ihavefat

ihavefat Member

^this!! I was picking up a couple of things and all the guys has to ask her to see if it was the right ones. Lol so badass

7. Subie_Dooo

Subie_Dooo New Member

are there prices for parts more of a bargain over there?