Dealer Review Subaru of McDonough

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by jautry27, Nov 3, 2012.

1. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I haven't dealt with the sales department here at all, but I have dealt with the parts department pretty extensively over the last couple of weeks, as I am replacing my engine. I have never had a better experience than with these guys, and they almost always have all the parts I ask for in stock. When I was looking for a Timing kit (Belt, pulleys, tensioner), they had them all in stock and were $75 cheaper than any other Subaru dealer I had called. They have been cheaper on everything than any other Subaru I have called.

They have only been dealing with Subaru's since early this year, but are very knowledgeable and concerned for the customer. I say give them the business. you won't regret that you did.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well next time you're down there ask Ray where are my brake lines that I ordered two fucking months ago. They showed as being in stock at the warehouse and he would call when they arrived. Has my number in the system. Got tired of calling and being put on hold then being told he'd call me back and has never followed through.

3. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Hmmm...seems we are at some sort of an impass....I hate Subaru of Gwinnetts service, and you aren't happy with McDonoughs. As a matter of fact, I called about my gaskets, and ray had put them to the side for me for a few days until I could pay for them. I haven't had any trouble out of them yet, and as long as I can afford OEM Subaru parts, I plan on going back. If you want me to, I would really call and ask him for you. I'm serious.

4. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Ask him where the heck where's front bumper cover is because SoK had it in stock when I called them, never got a reply after calling every week for 2 months at Subaru of McDonough.

5. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Wow, I didn't realize you guys had had this kind of experience with them. I'm actually trying to get a job there, so maybe that will help you guys by having someone who knows Subarus.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

wasted yet another 20 minutes trying to deal with them, I'm done.

7. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Sent you a pm

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

Already on order from Stivers, talked to Tony in parts in less time than I wasted on hold inventory was checked, quoted and ordered. Parts will be here on Wed.

9. jautry27

jautry27 Member

do you live in the rockdale area?

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

nope in the ghettos of ClayCo.

11. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

not to hijack the thread, but have any of you checked with SoK with this stuff? I can't help you out as far as pricing goes, but I can make sure you don't have to deal with petty issues like being put on hold and ignored.

can also pick stuff up for you ghetto southside boys, assuming breel's ever gonna come split some patron w/ us again. I also work by six flags, wouldn't mind ferrying some parts back and forth if you guys need to meet halfway.

12. jautry27

jautry27 Member

oh, ok. I've done a lot of work down there. Not my favorite place. As a matter of fact, I'm going to civil court down there with a customer.

13. b reel

b reel Active Member

Thanks for the offer D, I'll bring a bottle of Agave 99 up one weekend. As for the parts, got that covered Stivers is way closer and cheaper.