subaru version of the ft86

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, May 27, 2011.

1. longfury

longfury Active Member

If I fit and can stay in the car for more than 30 mins and not get back cramps(like in the RX8), this will be my response at the dealer more than likely.

I have been missing RWD ever since this thing has been announced. I want to hoon and do power slides.

2. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm with you guys on this. Sure its not the prettiest car, but then neither is my STI anyhow. It is at WRX price territory, but like most everyone commenting in this thread.... because RWD :p

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  3. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

4. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  5. mokinbird87

i see an intercooler on the race car... with TRD confirming a supercharged version coming, soon enough we`ll see subaru turbo theirs (crosses fingers). some people are saying that it may be an EJ20 though?

[​IMG]

6. longfury

longfury Active Member

If they turbo it, I think it would be a turbo version of the motor they have in the car now or a variant of the WRX's 2.5L 265hp motor.

Subaru could also just pilfer the supercharger from TRD and use it.

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

9. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeap, too much fun for too little money. It will never sell(I am not being sarcastic). It seems that people think of cars as appliances to do a job more than something to have fun with nowadays.

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I am actually not very confident it will be "too little money". If they price it 22K, I think it will sell, 28K, and this thing will be gone within one MY generation...

11. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

No more 2.5L.. 2.5L motor will become 2.0L and the 2.0L will drop down to 1.6L

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

The Scion is supposed to be less than the Subaru version. The rumor is $24K for the base BRZ and about $27K for the loaded one. The Scion could be $20-22K base from the rumors I have heard.

I don't think it will make it to the second generation. If it does, I think it will be with Scion only and not Subaru and Scion.

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

It will also have considerably less features. No Nav, no push button start, etc...

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yes, I am aware of this. The Scion will probably sell respectable well. I don't think the Subaru will sell as well.

15. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

[​IMG]

:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

16. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  17. I'm a little suspicious of that... Ed Loh seems to be the only one making this claim (that I've seen so far), but I've not heard anyone else come forward with any kind of corroboration. We can always hope...

That being said, I learned years ago, after owning my STi, that my little 2001 2.5RS was actually way more fun to drive on the street. And $24k is just about right...

I'll be lined up to get a low-spec BRZ, in WR Blue if you don't mind (or Fusion Blue, whatever they're calling it now...)

18. Matt

he lives!

19. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Subaru says they will make a turbo version of the FA20 with the direct injection.... well no shit its the new motor that will be in every subaru one day.

Subaru has never claimed the new turbo motor will go in the BRZ.. thats all the media's doing to get more clicks on the website

20. longfury

longfury Active Member

I have read that Subaru said there is no room to put a turbo in the standard location they use in other models due to the engine location. I have also read they(Subaru) don't plan to have a forced induction BRZ at all. I read a quote that said that if you wanted power to go for the STI.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

time for factory supercharger(s) on a boxer...

22. Lol, right? It's been a minute, I figured everyone had forgotten about me... :)

THIS!

I'm actually almost sorta kinda half-seriously considering the possibility that I might need to find my pile of MR2 a new home in order to fit a BRZ in the garage... :(

23. For relevance:
    http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32218

24. mokinbird87

25. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

26. mokinbird87

precisely :naughty:

27. Matt

28. b reel

b reel Active Member

29. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

the new issue of DSport magazine has a black one on the cover, so i assume it has a review in the issue

30. mokinbird87

31. Matt

[​IMG]

how you like me now?

32. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

So photoshopped. :rofl:

33. crazyazn

Do you know if it'll still be there tomorrow?

34. Matt

doesn't seem to be. they're doing some training seminar in the hotel and it's there for that. There was also a Dave Mirra rally prepped STi out there too...

35. crazyazn

Damn, now I wish i still worked next to the Invesco building

36. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Sounds like if you are a fatty those seats aren't going to be comfty and a tight fit.

37. Matt

yeah, the seats are TIGHT...think bugeye STi and then go thinner...the bolstering is really high too.

Similar to Recaro

38. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

So in other words...they aren't the typical sucky Subaru seats. :drool:

39. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Prolly more because it came from the Toyota department.

40. Jake

Jake Active Member

its really there, and he wouldn't have known about it being across the street from him if subaru of america didnt post it on facebook today

41. Matt

I wouldn't have known if you didn't put the picture on my wall...

thanks!

42. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

You dont say *gasp*. Are you for real. :hsugh:

43. Banana

Banana Member

The red FT86 at SEMA was amazing, blue doesn't look half bad either. I'm buying a white one. Tomorrow.

44. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  45. Matt

wtf...is white the new blue? You're the 5th person I know that wants a white one...

46. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Everybody is going for the panda look? Or maybe tofu delivery stickers show up better on white.

47. Matt

Spotted!!

[​IMG]

48. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

That's it! I'm waiting for the STi version. :)

49. Jake

Jake Active Member

loving the lip spoiler and wheels. i'd rock it

and you can already 'build' and FR-S on scion's website and become one of the first 86 people to own one. only thing you can choose is color and transmission

http://www.scionfirst86.com/create/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  50. mokinbird87

lol i remember you telling me that you were done with sportscars :wiggle: