Supremely thick OEM GR STI Steering Wheel!

Discussion in 'JPM Coachworks' started by JPM Coachworks, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

This is a bit OT, but this is one of the other projects we've been busy at work with. It is truly a great experience to be able to design and create projects such as this for our customers. Nikita asked that his steering wheel be fitted to "monster thickness". Ask and you shall receive...a hair under 5" in circumference, this thing is supremely thick! The wheel was built from our steel grey alcantara and receive our "tocco finale", hand-stitching completed with our OEM shark grey thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Alex

2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

could these be fit into a GD, and have the audio controls still work on the wheel?

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That thing has girth!

4. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Yep, but it takes some work. There's a write-up on NASIOC but I don't have a link currently.

Yep, it's more mighty than the elusive "M" wheel.

5. shu

shu Member

That's awesome. Think you could thicken a DAMD flat-bottom steering wheel to similar specs?

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

mmmm beefy.

nice work as always

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Definitely. That's what I have planned for my prova at the very least. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.