test thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nicad, Dec 15, 2009.

1. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

+1 on that 420. Its rated faster than the Cortex a8 in the 3gs. yet the real world performance lacks.. same with Tegra 1

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

dunno what snapdragon phones you guys have tried (none running android), but mine is balls to the walls fast. like I said, it makes my iphone look like a turd.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am playing with a SnapDragon Android phone. It just seems very jerky. You are on the home screen, with the Main Menu open. You click an Icon for say Navigation. The phone jumps to the home screen first, then a couple seconds later opens up navigation. The jerkiness of it makes it seem slower than it probably is.

It may very well be the phone I am playing with, or the fact that the phone I am playing with is a Pre-production Demo phone, and all the little kinks will be worked out before release date.

But, as I said before, so far I am not impressed with the SnapDragon processor.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

It all comes down to the fact that android is not as polished as iphoneos

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Which iPhone ? The cortex a8 with the gpu has as much power as the snapdragon. Ipohone feels a crap load snappier

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Sorry was typing this with my iphone.

Comparing benchmarks, the a8 is actually superior in processing power to the Tegra( Zune HD) and the Snapdragon.

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

which phone? is it a google experience phone, or is it something att has mucked up? mine is smooth as silk, no hiccups

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Which phone do you have Nicad?

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

i just dropped my plan down (cuz i use next to no minutes) to 450 anytime mins w/ unlimited mobile to mobile, and rollover. ( have close to 8000 rollovers). and have 1500 texts (use maybe 400-600) and unlimited data on my iPhone and i pay $71 a month with a 21% discount (bestbuy)

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

He has the Nexus one..

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

He is just referring to the inherent lack of 'smoothness' on the android phones. Scrolling seems labored and not as snappy as the GPU accelerated interface of the IPhone....

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I got to play with the nexus one last night and it's fast, snappy, and smooth. The 2.0+ OS is leaps and bounds above 1.5 or 1.6 in terms of everything discussed. Like 420 stated, he more than likely has a pre-production OS that's buggy.

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'm just going to ignore both of your arguments. you both work (or have family) for ATT and the bias is pretty evident.

I've used both phones. a lot. my new one is better. /thread

14. integroid

So how did you get the Nexus One already? I thought it hadnt been released yet?

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I work at google.

16. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

^^^

where he's plotting to take over the world...

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just your pants.

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What do you at google .. if you dont mind me asking justin

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

and yes, i do admit i am bias towards AT&T. its awesome regardless. ;)

20. Matt

^^ :rofl:

21. integroid

Customer: You were suppose to have my DS3 circuit installed and turned up a few weeks ago but I have yet to see anyone on site or heard anything about it.
    ATT: Oh yeah, I see it was completed a few weeks ago.
    Customer: Well if it was it is news to me.
    ATT: Ok, give me your address again
    Customer: 1201 Peachtree St Suite 800
    ATT: Hum...Ihave that address to...are you guys located on the 22nd floor.
    Customer: No we are located on the 8th floor...hence suite 800.
    ATT: Ok, well it says here that it was installed on the 22nd floor, are you sure you are not on the 22nd floor.
    Customer: Humm let me check, nope, just counted from looking out the window...we are on the 8th floor.
    ATT: Ok, we will have to send someone out and locate the circuit.

This circuit was suppose to be installed in August. It was installed on the 22nd floor in another company's server room. It is now Dec and they finally brought the circuit up last week in our server room. WAY TO GO ATT!

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

""We need to educate the customer," de la Vega told the AP. "We've got to get them to understand what represents a megabyte of data.... We're improving all our systems to let consumers get real-time information on their data usage.""

fuck them. have fun with your forthcoming tiered data plans

23. Matt

24. integroid

The iphone probably would have taken over the world if Apple would have let another carrier handle the service for it.

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Its all over the world for other carriers.

26. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

overseas GSM carriers that can actually provide service. check. oh and you get to choose which carrier