Thanks for the Tune! WRB 06 STI

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by LBFF, Aug 17, 2013.

1. LBFF

LBFF New Member

Thanks Mike for getting me setup for the tune and recommending a new alternator. Took me a while to drive up there (I'm coming out of Conyers) but it was well worth it. They let me leach their WiFi while my car was getting worked on. I can't watch my car on a dynometer, for whatever reason, but it sounded better and better as the pulls kept coming. Added 70awhp and 80awtq to her, along with bumping up the pressure to 22 psi.

I will get the graph loaded in the coming days, but had her a week now, and runs great! Looking forward to future business with you guys.

Oh, and I mentally leg humped your GTR's while I was in the lobby.:bowdown:

~LBFF

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

TSM For the WIN!

3. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

TSM is my only resource for my 2013 STI sedan, in fact Mike probably laughs everytime I roll through just for an oil change.

With that said, I do wish there was a more "formal" process for customers on whether or not they are "allowed" to cross the invisible threshold of the "back room".
    Most shops the customers mingle with the tech's among everything like it's one big happy family, of course most shops aren't TSM so I understand the difference there. In fact steven got yelled at for letting me under my own car while it was on the lift, something about insurance / etc.

I mean a policy is a policy and by all means have them, I just think there should be more of a communication to customers, especially new ones like LBFF when they sign up for a tune or any kind of extensive work that comes along with dropping off the car.
    Something like "Oh, and we do not allow customers in our service area, even if it is your car sorry"
    Or a more honest approach would be:
    "Sorry, we only allow close friends and select folks back here"
    which is more the case since certain non employee's seem to roam the place like they live there, while other more n00b folks like myself sometimes wonder if using the bathroom is allowed.

Glad you liked the tune LBFF, Doug is an evil little genius with OBDII. He got me to 340lb/ft & 300awhp on stock turbo with simply a downpipe.

4. LBFF

LBFF New Member

I wasn't sure what the process was, and it wasn't until about an hour or so into the tune that anyone said that I could go and watch them tune the car. At that point, I figured that the tune was nearly over (which it was) so I just hung out inside.

I guess as people become more familiar with the company and who all works there, will determine who goes back and who doesn't. I honestly didn't mind being in the lobby, just was awfully lonely up there.

~LBFF

5. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Have they taught you the secret handshake?

6. digitizedsoul

3 shakes, left handed fist bump, high & low whistle followed by an audible fart.

easy to learn, difficult to master.

7. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I think not being there to watch your car being tuned is ridiculous. I know all the top notch shops through out the U.S have certain insurance policies, but having to wait in a room while your pride and joy is being dynoed/tune seems depressing

8. digitizedsoul

Oh don't get me wrong, you can watch.

I was just pointing out that the fact you can watch is often not communicated to new people like the original poster. I think maybe some signage or verbal exchange would help just to make n00bs feel more welcomed.

9. Steve@TSM

Steve@TSM New Member

We're glad to hear you're happy with the tune LBFF! Let us know when it becomes time to add more go-fast parts!

Mike and I will take note of everyone's comments and will work to improve our communication with every customer, whether you're a long time customer or a new one. On a tune, it's usually mentioned to the customer that we'll strap the car down prior to taking them out into the shop. We apologize you weren't informed of this until your tune was nearly completed. Oh and yes, you can use the bathroom! lol.

10. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I was just replying for the original post. I just hoped he could've viewed the entire process

11. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Any and all customer's to my knowledge are allowed to watch their car get tuned as long as they stay in the yellow box which is around the monitor. It's just that they don't just allow anyone to randomly roam and browse the actual 'shop' area. Too many high dollar cars and also insurance liability if someone were to say trip on a hose or something.

12. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Damn, you can use the bathroom there too? Wish I would have known the last time I was up there......Had to use one of Breel's depends to get me through the day.

13. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

^^^LOL....eww

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

carry tampons too, never know when you might have to plug a wound

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013