The Journies of Miss Misery

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by jautry27, Nov 26, 2012.

1. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Yeah I guess it's in how you interpret the word tuned.

2. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

The OEM airbox with a good filter like the K&N is the best box in the market until you go past 400 hp.

4. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Then I'll just stick with what I got. What about a silencer delete on a stock airbox? I've seen a lot of people do it. Got a K&N panel filer on it now.

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Silencer delete is fine...just for sound.

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Stop looking for mods to do. You just got your car running. Enjoy it for a minute. Save your money.

7. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I'm just looking for some affordable, if not free, mods to do that won't hurt the stock tune. I'm well past my break in period as well. As of right now, b/c of work, I'm doing about 100 miles each time I go, roughly 500-700 miles a week. Sometimes more.

8. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I enjoy being able to do mods to my car. So when I come across one that is safe for my car and I am able to do it within my parameters, I do it.

9. Been there done that. If you plan going getting something other than the stock air box, get something better than that setup. I had it on my bugeye, while it fit "ok" the piping was really thin and didn't disperse heat all that well even on stock wrx turbo. Cobb makes a great piece, AEM does too, and there are others but if it were me (again) I wouldn't go with the ebay one. Save it for some power adders or some suspension parts.

10. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Soooooo.....I kind of bought the next part for my car without asking you guys on here....

The wife told me a couple weeks ago that it was a must have....Guess there's going to be one more Subie enthusiast in this world....

[​IMG]

11. blackonblack2

blackonblack2 New Member

12. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Thank you very much. I plan on getting the WRX logo embroidered on the head rest of the car seat :)

13. jautry27

jautry27 Member

In case some of you didn't catch it earlier, I had to break out my Hello Kitty emergency radiator hose repair kit. At least it lasted long enough to get to the nearest parts store that had one in stock.

[​IMG]

14. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Got bored and took my middle A/C vents, radio shroud, shifter area, and the passenger pillar cover off and painted them black. Going to take the rear interior plastic pieces (where the seat belts come out) and paint them tomorrow.

The pictures do it no justice. It looks a lot better in person. I'm going to pull it all back off tomorrow and put a clear coat on it to protect it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  15. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Don't mind the insulin needle and firecracker. OR the fact that the clock and date is way off. I never got around to changing it.

16. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Yup looks like a rattle can job.

17. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I'm going to redo it tonight and put a good clear coat on it.

18. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Just a question....ever get pulled over and get a funny look from the cop about that insulin needle or do you let him know about it up front?

19. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

There is no reason to do blow thru on a Subaru anymore. Speed Density yes blow thru no...

400hp is pretty easy now or really close to it.

Dom 1.5xtr
    Downpipe
    Injectors
    Exhaust
    Cobb AP2
    Depending on the year of the car you may need a intake or a speed density conversion.
    Clutch
    STI or aftermarket intercooler (maybe).

Thats really about it....

20. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Transmission for 5 speed folks.

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

just tell the officer they were giving them away at the methadone clinic

22. jautry27

jautry27 Member

They usually don't bother me about it. I show them my insulin and my meter, and my insulin pump, and they usually leave me be.

23. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Meh its a newer wrx I wouldn't bother. Eddies did pretty well. I would just say be ready for it to blow up.

24. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Its a Subaru be ready for anything to blow up.

25. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Yeah, what is funny is that I have been reading reports and comparisons between a STi vs EVO, vs GolfR and they all say the Subaru is the most reliable out of the group:)

26. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I second that

27. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Guess who gets to put a new CV axle and wheel bearing on? Yeah...this guy.

28. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

The CV will only take you a few minutes. It is really easy. The bearing though has to be pressed out/in. Do you have access to a shop press?

29. jautry27

jautry27 Member

I do, and we got it out and the new one in. I just hope that my ABS sensor wasn't destroyed in the process. CV was really easy.