The Life of the Black Knight

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by miloman, Sep 22, 2006.

1. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

That car is made of win and sex. And a little bit of boobies.

Basically everything thats good in life. Congrats man!

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

that is a beautiful machine man, congrats and many a fun and safe track days to you!

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yep, grats Milo! Make sure you keep this thread updated as you build the car up...

4. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

CCW has a nice selection of wheels, congrats on the new car

5. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Sweet vette! pop-up headlights FTL imo though.

6. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

How long until the turbo kit goes in? Those chrome wheels are NICE!

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Ban him anyway...

Enjoy!!

8. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

When you gonna grow a mullet?

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

where is the big wang??? :rofl:

looks good milo!!

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

looks good milind!!

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Yes wide ass CCWs plus hoosiers = corvette fun!

Nice car Milo!

12. crash#2

crash#2 Member

that's a nice car milo. i actually found a really good deal on a green 01 bullitt but they ol' lady says daddy's don't drive two doors.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

MMmmmmm I love C5+ vettes.

14. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

nice ride man. atleast you got something comparable to the sti

15. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Holy Crap that is a nice looking vet!

16. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Very Nice Z06 Milo!!!. Have a great holiday man....

Mark

17. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sweet ride Man! I was there the whole weekend a few weeks back but ya #changed.

18. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

Not trying to bump any crazy old threads or anything, but I am currently in the process of trying to buy Milo's old STi from a guy in TX, problem is I am in WA..

Just wondering if anyone on here knows much about the vehicle, accidents, bodywork, if there was ever any mechanical issues, wheter the car was tracked much (auto-x, rally,drag)??

It's hard for me to buy a car from another time zone and only being able to look at pictures so I would appreciate any input anyone can give me..

Much appreciated, Aubrey..... :happybanana:

Feel free to PM me..

19. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Honestly, read this thread and it should give you all the info you need on the car. AFAIK, there were never any mechanical issues with the car, and I don't think it was tracked very often (although I know he did compete in one Subaru Challenge for sure).

Try PMing Milo here and see if he gets back to you.

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

As a close friend of Milo's, please feel free to PM me if you have questions about his STi. It was meticulously well maintained :) Wrxin8or made a valid point, take some time to read through this journal thread. After all, these journal threads exists for each owner to tell the story of their vehicle(s) -- what better way could you ask for to be introduced to your future Subaru :bigthumb:

21. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

I just got some time and was able to go through the entire journal (and started reading a few others), and was able to get a hold of Milo through the email link on his profile page. He was very helpful and relieved any concerns I had about the vehicle. Thanks for the reply's!

22. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

Anyone happen to know the percentages of meth/water used in Milo's setup?? I know he posted 2/1, but I am looking for what percentage of meth/water.. Thanks..

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

50% brown/50% alcohol and 100% awesome

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Your best best is to ask Siegel. I think he ended up using 70 meth/30 water.

25. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

I did exactly that.. Thanks for your help.. 66%meth 33% water..

26. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Looking great milo, hope to get a spin sometime when i get back to atlanta :)

27. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

????

Who is messing around here? Is this really Genya?

28. techlord

techlord Active Member

something fishy I haven't seen Genya on in years.

29. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

whoa! wb Jason if it is you.

30. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Thanks guys, ill open an update thread here in a bit, been super busy lol. But glad to be back.

31. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

holy crap guy.....haven't seen ya in years..

32. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Holy damn....welcome back dude

33. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

1% kickass

34. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Just run 100% meth since the tank is in the back and you don't have to worry about the meth boiling from the engine heat.

I ran 80% meth 20% nitro. It was 110% kickass which unfortunatley was more than the stock ringlands could take.

35. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

So here's a general update for anyone that is interested.. About a month ago I was getting on the freeway and getting into boost a little bit when a fairly large cloud of white smoke started pouring out of the back of the car. I pulled over the the shoulder as quickly as I could and noticed smoke coming from out of the hood scoop. Tried to find the source of my problem and wasnt having any luck. I then decided to go to a car wash and spray the engine off to see if I could figure out where all this oil had come from. After I had the oil cleaned up a bit I noticed that the breather tube that runs from my crankcase into my AOS had blown completely off.. No big deal I thought and re-attached the hose and went on my merry way.

The next day when I went to start the car I got a pretty decent sized cloud of white smoke on start-up that tapered off and eventually went away as the car warmed up (rough idle bouncing from 1500 to 600 rpms).. I wasn't sure what to think and let this go on for a week or so before I started noticing the small oil puddles on my garage floor when I would back out. Inspected under the hood a little more and sure enough oil in my intake and seeping out of the BOV. :unamused: I figured none of this was good and decided to drive to a highly recommended Subaru shop up here in WA.. The guy there told me he didn't even have to do a comp test or leakdown he could just tell on start-up that my engine was fried and quoted me an astronomical amount for a new one.

So after doing a comp test myself, (low, low numbers in two cylinders) I decided to do a little research on another Subaru forum and found another highly recommended engine builder. After speaking with him on the phone and in person a couple times I decided he was the right person to build me a tasty new block. Some little details,
    New EJ257 block
    New EJ257 crankshaft
    Custom Pistons (JE)
    Long Rods- 4340
    ACL Bearings
    Full Blueprint and Balance

My heads were perfectly fine, just had them cleaned up a touch, re-surfaced and am having new springs and retainers popped in.. Right now we are just waiting on the springs and retainers to get here, everything else is assembled and ready to go and should be installed hopefully on Friday. After the break-in I will be going to get tuned and will post my chart when it's all said and done..

Aubrey

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did you ever get it retuned? Gas in WA is very different than what the car was tuned for.

37. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

No, and my noobishness is definitely a contributing factor. (I also didn't realize at the time that when the boost gauge is reading 2+bars mmHg that I am hitting 30 pounds of boost)

To defend myself somewhat though, I set-up an appointment at a well known tuner, but due to their busy weekend tuning schedule, and my work schedule, I couldn't get in for at least a month. In that month's time I rarely drove the car, (maybe put 500 miles on since I took ownership) and filled up with Cenex 94 octane to compensate for the majority of WA's 92 Premium.

38. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

Turbo is fried... Having it re-built and looking to go with a different setup..

Has anyone ran an AVO turbo, or know much about them? Looking at the AVO 500 or the Blouch Dominator 4 right now..

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If I was you I'd go rotated. Much easier to work on in the future and the possibilities are endless. There was always something wrong with that turbo....it didn't ever perform like it should have.

40. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

While it's apart, maybe some new cams hehe

41. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

From what I have been told by the people that have worked on the car, the hotside on that turbo is too small for the high boost it was pushing..This is what was causing damage to the thruster, and probably not helping HP gains at all..(Just pushing hot air back into the motor)

Not able to spend the money to get a rotated set-up right now, just looking to replace the Superzilla/FPRed franken-turbo with a better turbo that will still net me 400awhp on pump..

42. Dr.Aubzo

Dr.Aubzo New Member

Already been taken care of.:)

Freshly built motor from brand new block being dropped in on Monday.
    (Professionally built, blueprinted, and balanced)
    Re-used the heads, had them re-surfaced w/ new springs/retainers, and a spendy lil Cosworth cam set..

Just got the turbo back from the re-builder today, considering putting it up for sale on my local nasioc forum and trying to get an AVO 500..