The Life of the Black Knight

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by miloman, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats awesome man!!! I cant wait to see em up close

2. heathbar

heathbar Member

that's badass, congrats! how much power do you hope to put down with that big turbo?

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Couldn't ya install it and leave with SS so that it'll be tuned and ready by the time you get back?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks... hoping for ~400whp on pump gas... anything more will be icing on the cake :)

its gonna be a painful install... TGV deletes and the APS inlet tube requires removal of the intake manifold... plus im leaving sunday and have SOOO much stuff to finish up before i leave so i wont have the time

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Gotcha....totally forgot the TGV deal. Hey I'll take the car and get it done for ya! Haha anyways those look sweet and dude you HAVE to give me a ride in the beast when it's all said and done. Also have a safe trip home man.

6. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

nice parts man! its gunna be a helluva beast! i love the stealth 525, definitley on my wish list! haha

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks guys :)

8. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Envy is a really bad thing....where do you live again? Can I get a specific address?

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Remove bluetooth from ear. YOur at HOME!

Thanks for your attention.. The turbo looks nice.. Cant wait to see the beast when its complete :)

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u dont have dibs on the hyperflow nomore ;)

jokes aside, i took the pic and was like wf, i have my bluetooth on?!?!?!? hahahahaha

11. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

looks great man, i cant wait to see it in person

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You always have that thing on, even Kevin commented on it when he saw the pic tonight :rofl:

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im bionic... its part of me

[​IMG]

14. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

hahah nice milo :)

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Nice Milo...looking forward to a full update.

16. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I know where he lives...;)

Your car is gonna be a beast milo, I cant wait to get a ride in it when its all finished

17. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

sweet milo cant wait to get a ride in the beast after its done! on a side note you should take a pic of your 65 with that td04 i left over there for comparison.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

you took it back to give to someone on the site didnt u?

19. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

no i never remebered to get it. it should be down in your storage closet. i think....

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll go take a look

21. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I like the beer can comparison...I am hoping to get something similiar on the wagon...Way to go Milo...

Mark

22. Psybin

Psybin New Member

Where did you get your wheels done? The car looks great! I want to get my stockers done, I was going to drop them off monday here.. http://www.procryo.com/services.html $70 to $80 a wheel.

Unless you have a better place. Thanks

And you have to do your headlights. Well worth it, it would set the car off perfect.

Edit: Thanks for the tip about Miller, I dropped them off this morning. Really nice people. The dude even dug through a mountain of boxes looking for a color (sterling black) that the owner said they probably didnt have, and found it. Its refreshing dealing with someone in that kind of business who don’t have an bad attitude.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks psybin... i got mine done at millers (http://www.millerpowdercoating.com/)... nice people... good work but they took 2 weeks to get the rims back to me... costed me $240 for the set and may vary a little depending on how hard it is to strip them

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

bought the fuel pump yesterday:
    [​IMG]

ordered these today:
    deatschwerks 740cc injectors
    [​IMG]

black avc-r
    [​IMG]

going to buy spark plugs this week and the build begins whenever i have the time :)

25. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Are those 740's going to be big enough for your turbo??

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They will be if he's using meth injection I think.

27. Weapon

I dont think he is doing meth

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we're gonna try them out... SS said that the deatchwerks are the most balanced sets he has ever used and he has been able to get the most timing out of them... i have also heard that their response is real fast compared to the PE which are supposed to be pretty laggy... on the other hand jerry recommended nothing smaller than 820cc... the three of us have been discussing this in detail... what we believe is that with race gas, i would definitely need more than 740cc... but i dont intend to ever run race gas... the upcoming tune will be for 93 only... so at the lower boost (~21psi), we hope that 740cc will suffice... if they don't, than SS has a set of PE injectors that we can swap in and continue tuning

29. pEd

I've been reading great things on these injectors, though I thought they'd keel over with the size turbo you've got.... be interesting to see how they work. Good thing Scott's got the PE's there as a backup.
    Can't wait for the results.

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im praying that they work... scott has gotten real good results from FP reds running these injectors with meth... so i know that i should be fine once i get meth but i hope they are fine on pump too

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks to kris, mike, scott, jason, amol, ankur, jeff, ken, ped, josh and rob (hope thats everyone, if i forgot you, please let me know) the front mount has been installed... the kit is beautiful and extremely well crafted... the crinkle red piping matches so well, it looks like it could have come from the factory with a front mount... the only complaint i have is that the hose clamps are the crappiest ones i have ever seen... over tighten them a little and they slip... i popped a hose today and have a leak somewhere... i need to replace all of them with t-bolt clamps

also installed the 70mm CAI... that thing is huge and fitment with the intercooler is real tight... in fact the cone touches the pipe coming off the cold side of the intercooler... hope this wont bring about problems in the future... since the larger intake needs tuning, we left it unconnected till i get it tuned... we plugged the openings with a rag so nothing gets lodged up in it

anyways, here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also big thanks to dusty and zan for putting up with us until 5.30am :bigthumb:

32. Weapon

its looks sexier in person :ddirty:

33. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

milo the car is looking great

34. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Just wait till I do your headlights :dirty:

35. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

congrats dude, wish i had been there, got the message a little to late :(

36. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

schweeeeeeeeeet:drool:

37. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Car looks great! Fixed up one of the pics for ya!

[​IMG]

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks guys :)

39. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Car looks great man.

40. pEd

That thing is bad-ass in person.
    Sorry to hear that you've already popped a hose somewhere.
    Hopefully, it waited until you were close to home....

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hands down HOT! I wish I went with that FMIC so that I could have a CAI.

Oh Milo T-bolt clamps are a must! If you want a link to some for cheap (the ones I have) let me know and I'll give you the contact info. Like $30 bucks or so for all the clamps.

42. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sweet! Are you gonna go with a scoopless hood or keep it stock?? I say scoopless with crazy mean lookin vents everywhere!

43. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

i'm trying to install my kit soon:naughty: any help would be appreciated.......was there any problems figuring out what pipes went where? did u guys do all the piping & then mount the intercooler..& what BOV did u go with.......i keep hearing that some of them give our cars the *shake of death* lol.............come on help a noob out:keke:

44. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I had a great time cutting apart your front clip. The pics just don't do the new intercooler justice. You have to see it in person to really appreciate the beauty, even better without the front end on your car.

You sure you don't want to go ricer for a little bit and drive around without the front end on your car. That would be hot.

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Milo it wouldn't hurt to spray some clear over the FMIC. Road debris (tiny rocks and such) will chip the mess out of the black paint on the FMIC. Just a head's up. The Perrin logo on my car has almost disappeared from this.

46. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

ummm?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im checking to see if sakari has some... if not, i'll let u know... thanks :)

i will do a reverse scoop in the long run... right now the finances are focused on getting the mechanical part done

the directions were pretty clear... and it wasn't hard to figure out what went where... from the kit, we installed the core first and then ran the piping... i am using the APS twin vent BOV... and yes, i experienced the shake of death :D... especially after getting off the throttle suddenly

it would be nice to do that while i try to fix the leaks... however getting the fender liner off would be another pain to deal with

i should do this soon... would the clear coat affect the heat transfer capability any?

on another note, i have a question for the front mount guys reading this... if you have had a leak in your piping, what is the best way to locate where it is?

48. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

^^preciate the info bro.....

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I am willing to bet the worm clamps are the cause of the leaks. Mine were. Milo for you and anyone else the t-bolt clamps are at www.siliconintakes.com. It took like 3 days for them to get there. Just make sure that you get the right sized clamps. On my Perrin FMIC the hot side is way smaller in diameter than the cold side. Also the hands down best way to to do a pressure test like SS does after the MAF on the intake. A bottle of soapy water at all joints always helps. Most everytime my leaks were on the cold side of the FMIC because it was always the one I have to wiggle to get it to fit over the hot pipe on the turbo.

50. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

You're not doing this on the stock turbo, are you? If so, I really urge you to reconsider; on a stock TD04 hairdryer a front mount is way too much IC and you'll likely be disappointed with the performance. You don't need the cooling capacity of one, and it'll just make the car less responsive.