The Life of the Black Knight

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by miloman, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

How about spoolup and delivery? If it spools faster and delivers better then the powerband is wider.

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

It did nothing better, the chart was almost exactly the same, you could barely tell a diffrence between the lines.

All it tellls me is that the restriction isn't in the tgv, its in the head.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Interesting. Did he remove the bar itself?

4. slowwrx

Yeah, I actually ported them, the heads, tgvs, and intake manifold was all port matched together. The bar was removed.

Ill post before and after dyno charts from my car when we do it.

Matt

5. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Curious to see what difference you would get with the heads ported. I mean it is all about the total package. If you can make the heads flow more than the intake and TGV's it might then make a difference.

6. slowwrx

I suspect that the bottle neck is the size of the passage right before the valves. We will see shortly.

Matt

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

tuning begins tomorrow morning... cant wait :D

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

Awesome man, cannot wait to hear of your results. Will it make it on the dyno tomorrow or just road tuning? You dynoing Sat?

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

what time you gonna be up here at in the morning?...I might try to stop by with my super filthy car just to see that awesome set-up in person!!!

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

actually i think will already put it on the dyno today... we plan to dyno tune in the morning and then road tune in the afternoon... if all goes well and the car is running right at the end of the day, i'll dyno it again on saturday

i should be up there around 9am... im relying on my brother for a ride cuz my car has been at SOG since saturday

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Cant make it, ty GT testing :wtc:

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Might stop up around lunchtime.

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wish i could make it man :(

14. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

15. Alex

+1

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

with the late start they probably haven't even had lunch yet.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They had a few mechanical issues that had to be fixed.. I know they were tuning until really late like 1:30AM. I'll let Milo fill everyone on the info.

18. Alex

...Ouch

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hahaha SS you need something that doesn't do the bluescreen of death all the time. When he was tuning my car it BSOD itself like 4 times and SS was like my laptop hates your car. He swore it hadn't done that in like forever. LMAO!

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we had a bunch of mechanical issues that took a long time to fix... we were on the dyno during the day, when the best we did was about 403 wlb-ft and 414 whp... that was at about 22psi, which the car surprisingly liked, but we all know thats a little much on pump gas...

we dropped the boost to about 21psi and it consistently made 400whp plus... then it started to heat soak...

on the street im running about 20psi... from the results at 21 and 22psi, i believe i should have around 380 reliable whp :)

all i gotta say is that it feels awesome... lag is definitely noticable... but it makes 18psi at about 3650... when floored, i can feel the turbo start working around 3500 and around 3800 im pinned to my seat...

at 20psi this turbo is running at the bottom of its efficiency range... its soo begging for meth or race gas... but that will be later on... right now, i think i'll enjoy what i have :)

oh... scott should be posting plots later on

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  21. Alex

nice!

22. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Wish I had "Milo money" :rofl: An upgraded turbo is on my wish list. But.. you know what they say " put a wish in one hand, shit in the other... see which hand fills up first..."

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

aww dude! very nice!!!

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sounds like it spools just a hair later than the s16g/18g on the 2.0L. Would you say that's the case Milo?

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

well, the super16g on meth hit real hard about 250 rpm or so earlier... but on pump, i think it spooled about the same

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hmmmm the SZ55 is looking nicer and nicer for the future!

27. Brian

Brian Active Member

ok, this does it. I'll have to get a built motor now. ;) Sounds like some good results Milo! We'll have to play on 285 sometime.

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah... i bet the SZ55 will spool noticeably quicker and make close to the same numbers on pump gas

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pump gas????? Pshhhht you know I'm a methaholic :keke:

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

true... well, on meth spool should be quicker too... and topend power will depend on how aggressive of a tune u decide to go with :)

32. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

damn, must be nice! Hope to see it soon....

33. Alex

Should make for a fun couple of runs at Batl.

34. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Awesome man! :bigthumb: When are ya taking me for a ride?!?!?!

35. slowwrx

Glad you like it man. 400hp is fun

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

anytime :)

37. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

The car is a beast now. I could believe the pull in it. I was pressed into the seat on every pull. Milo you have an awsome setup. It just goes to show that planning and patients pays off in the long run when it comes to what you want to achive. :bigthumb:

38. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

keep this one safe bro

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats the plan :)

40. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

ive got to get back out to a meet to see the new beasts beauty

41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

dyno day is this weekend :)
    (link in my signature)

42. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Ya got any graphs of this yet Milo?

43. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

The car is safely a 395 wlb-ft and 405 whp all-day, every-day type setup. To see what it would run when pushed a bit, we got this: (drum-roll please ;) )

[​IMG]

Again you can see driveability must just be terrible. ;) It's so much less torquey than a stock STi down low... :D

SS

44. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

yeah.... that turbo must suck.

Looks great guys. 400whp on pump with no meth is awesome.

45. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Nice work guys! :bigthumb:

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the pull is simply amazing... we dropped 2psi from the dyno pull shown for street use and it still feels amazing

im tempted to go high octane :D

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sick! I would like to see you go meth and then run heads up with LiquidForce. Should be really close.

48. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I bet you are you crazy guy you. Congrats on one helluva tune.

Jason.

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

What was the dyno plot at Battleground Milo?

50. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Damn milo thats awsome, and the car is still very clean..