The White Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I was gonna wait until the new lip came in but I guess I will go ahead and start now and update as changes are made.

I bought the 2004 WRX on April 27, 2005 last year with only 160 miles on her. Those miles were completely on the trip the dealer made from Greenville Subaru to his dealership in Pilot Mtn, NC. At the time I had a 1999 Honda Accord V6 which I hated coming from turbo DSM's and AWD. My buddy Daniel was the first in the area to get a WRX (bugeye--:drool: ) and he gave me the fever. I was actually in the process of saving for a nice downpayment on either an Evo (well I was a DSMer...duh) or a STi. The Evo always scared me as the DSM's were never reliable. Anyways just out the blue I decide to look online for some 03 WRX's. Lo and behold I saw the 04 WRX but they wanted $26,000 for it. I stilled owed $10,000 on the Honda so I made my own deal with the dealer. I told him if he will pay off the Honda and let me walk out the door with taxes and tags for $24,000 consider the car sold. He said he can't do that so I simply said okay bye. 15 minutes later he called back and asked how soon can I do this? I told I can be there tomorrow with a bank check in hand and they told me SOLD! WHOO-HOOOOOOO! I didn't sleep that night and I had a 8 hr drive to get there.

No pics of the stock car but you all know the monster truck stance and all. I vowed to keep it stock until the warranty died but that lasted 3 days. I had uppipe and tbe on the way already. Knowing that I needed EM I got a Cobb Accessport. Installed everything when I got 2000 miles on the car which took me only 2 weeks.

Went to the drag and managed 13.9 on stock tires and suspension....lol I then ordered Perrin Tunersports and got some Toyo TS1 tires.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I ordered the FMIC, Deadbolt 18g, modded my stock injectors, and got ready for some newfound power. It was tuned by Topspeed unsuccessfully and always had trouble. First problem was my fault as I had a leaking uppipe. After that the boost was haywire and the fueling wasn't right. I finally took it to Scott Siegel who perfected it and we estimated it at around 310 hp and 295 tq on pump 93 octane. This was good for a 12.5 @ 119 mph!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After Nopi I met my sponsor who hooked me up with graphics and rims. At the same time I got a killer deal on wing risers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After much research and then seeing the results Milo got, I got the meth injection. Before Scott had a hard time getting my car to take to timing. She just refused to like the timing and this definately fixed it and there is still more timing she will take to but Scott feels we are at the limit of what the stock engine and tranny can take. I also got another killer deal on a Chargespeed kit and the new graphics layout which I like much better. Who wouldn't with the HUGE SOGPD rollcall?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now this car runs a blinding 11.7 @ 122 which I very strongly feel is a stock block/stock tranny record thanks to my newfound launch technique.

As many of you know I busted the Chargespeed front and was gonna get a Seibon CS carbon fiber front but I am not gonna wait 3 months. Therefore I opted for the C-West front lip that will be painted Aspen White. Not completely as nice but for what I am getting it for painted and shipped I can not beat that. I still think it's gonna look nice. Who cares.....the car flies!

As I dive further into the mods I will keep this updated. In a few days I'll be getting the lip and I also have my windows tinted. Also I have an authentic Aspen White STi hood scoop that is on the car now.

Thanks Scott for bearing with all the phone calls. Thanks Alex and Milo and the entire WRXAtlanta crew for supporting my dreams. And much thanks to the fiancee who bears with me in my insane hopes....lol

Boost on everyone!

2. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

great car and great job..

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Very impressive car. I love the look and the performance.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks guys. It's come a long ways in a year.

5. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Great looking car man!

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its amazing when u see pics of your car when it was close to stock :D

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL stock sucks!

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Great journal dude!

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice!!

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

your car is awsome for sure man

11. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

that is SWEET!!!!! props man, what kind of power are you making?

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

around 350ish I would say.

13. cb7stim3

cb7stim3 Member

nice car

only thing i disagree with is the wing, i like the stock WRX spoilers a lot, id take off an STi wing and put that on instead if i had an STi

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

nice journal! love looking at the transformation. your car is badass!!!!! next time you are up here i would love to get a ride in that beast!

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Update. The C-West front lip came in and is installed. I love it and I think I am liking it more so than the CS one I had. This lip is completely urethane so it won't bust or shatter like the CS one did. Tonight I plan on clay baring the car and polishing/waxing it. She should shine like no other and then I'll take some pics to show the new look with the lip and STi hood scoop.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

post pics soon

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Clay barred the car and waxed. Looks like I can jump in the paint. Didn't have the camera but will have pics tomorrow to upload!

Oh the graphics are changing. The metal chrome gold is peeling and not sticking. It has real metal so it doesn't conform to curves well. We are gonna keep the style but use a non metallic gold that should match the rims better. One way to tell.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'd love to see a GIF of u doing that :rofl:

jokes aside... post pics soon :bigthumb:

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here are the pics after the claybar and waxing but it freaking rained on the way there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to take some updated pics of the engine. It is now sporting t-bolt clamps and all FMIC piping is heat wrapped. Car loves it in this heat. Still have to build my airbox, and turbo blanket the turbo and meth kit.

Also have new news. I got dyna packed and the numbers are 358 lb/ft tq and 352 hp. So anyone asking Scott Siegel what kinda power their car has then believe him. His butt dyno is pretty accurate :rofl: :keke:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

like the new front lip!

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Do you ever plan on running your car at Commerce?

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Commerce is quite a drive to make just for a drag pass. You ought to know Doug...I live 15 min east from where I saw you at the Florence Lap of America event.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Stripped the car naked last night to redo the peeling graphics this weekend and HOLY COW does the car look sexy! Once the sponsorship contracts are done I am going back to this look. With the lip kit and side skirts the car looks SEXAY all white with gold rims! What you guys think....graphics or Nekkid?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New engine shot with tbolt clamps and charge pipe heat wrapped.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  24. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I don't think that car could look non-sexay...:p

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Why thank you!

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

personally, im a fan of the clean look... your car did look nice with the decals since they were tastefully done but i like it a lot better without :)

if u leave the decals off, have u considered painting the risers?

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Car looks awesome either way. I am not a fan of the Decals, but like Milo said, it was done tastefully, and looked pretty good. Definitely like it better without though.

You need three things now.

1.[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

4. [​IMG]

29. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Is the Trunk Monkey Carbon Fiber?

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

For the time being I will have to put the decals back on. Gotta make Perrin, Zoom, and Radicals happy ya know. Once the one year contracts are up I will most likely go back to the clean look. I love my wing risers but dunno if I want to paint them white or not. I don't know how that will turn out so maybe someone can do a photoshop (I don't have it much less know how to use it)

Hey I already have the trunk monkey!

I do want a CF hood and trunk. That is the first time I ever seen the CF roof but I imagine you have to cut the factory one or does it lay on top of the factory piece?

Where you find that CF roof?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  31. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It is an Overlay. Not overly expensive either. About $350 to $400, plus shipping from Japan. I want to CF Roof for my car, would look exactly like that picture, Spec C Roof vent and all. Looks so Hot.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

33. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

oooooooooh yes!!!!

the CF hood, roof & trunk would look the sexiest on your car!!

or.... if you don't want to spend that kind of money, you could just get a CF scoop to balance out the CF risers.

34. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

http://www.launsport.com/

Click on English Page on the bottom left, then Parts List Click Here, then
    WRC CUSTOM
    SUBARU IMPREZA
    Parts List Click Here!

Number 14 on the list.

35. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

For the Carbon Fiber Trunk go to Writerguy.com/primitive select Body.

If you can't find a Carbon Fiber hood for our cars, then you don't belong on the internet.

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I found butt loads of hoods and trunks. That was just the first time I saw the roof overlay.

Speaking of kits I saw a wide body for the WRX that was a whopping $15,000! Man I'll be at 650+ hp with that money!

37. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, I love the WRC Widebody Kit, but like you said, it is close to $15000 + Shipping to the US which would be big $$$ + Sand, Primer, and Paint for some more $$$. All said and done it would probably cost more than I paid for the car to begin with.

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Man that CF has me wanting it bad! It's on my "I WANT" list!

I noticed that the roof piece is for the non-sunroof WRX. Mine has the sunroof.....doh! I sent them an email asking though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

New pics from the magazine photoshoot. I only have these 2 but should get the entire CD soon. I think they turned out GREAT!

Oh yeah notice the STi scoop which has been on for a while and the STi side splitters with the V limited CF lip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What you guys think? Soon all the graphics are gonna be removed for good for the clean look.

40. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Looks really cool. I kind of like the contrast from the graphics to the white background, but the last picture its hard to tell.

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah that angle doesn't show the graphics much. When I get the other pics I'll post them up.

42. billyocean

billyocean Member

I'm loving your car man!! Keep up the good work man!!

43. jt money

did you repaint the fmic or is it a new one?

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I repainted it with Perrin's current logo like they asked me to.

45. jt money

true that just woundering. looks good.:wiggle:

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks for the props.

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

very hot :bigthumb:

48. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Saweeeettt Ride Man...

Mark

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks guys.....well the graphics are off the car now for the time being....again....lol

When you guys look for me at Nopi it'll be a clean white car with no graphics....can't miss the white Subie parked next to that Carbon Fiber NSX....hehehe

50. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wait, so you mean the car is nakey now? :ddirty:

Hey is that the ravpsec lip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.