The White Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Hit up that dude on nasioc in a hurry, in fact I would just wire him the $ now.

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've already PM'd him. But wifey is very against it :( I dunno if I want to put in the hours for the swap.....Doug said it's 75-100 hrs worth of work.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sigh decisions like this suck.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

we can use my car as a donor. ;)

:rofl:

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Dude, you better jump on that for $1k!

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Holy crap it sucks to see this happen

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

swap or fail

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I've got a stock 5mt you can swap in before they total it. :(

9. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

This is sad man..sorry to hear about your loss. This is my first time seeing this post. I apologize for my lateness

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  10. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Car sold for 1300

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You have a stock motor too? If you do and can spare a 5 sp and motor I'll refund you the money ASAP once I sell things.

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The 5 speed has a diff whine but I'm sure that happened in the accident. I also have the parts to slap together something that would resemble a motor ;)

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hmmmm wonder if slapping something that 'resembles' a motor can be considered fraud?

Also probably gonna matter too as they are documenting it as 'running'.

14. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Them documenting it as "running", ain't worth your drive train, or the $ to return it back to stock, etc. I would weigh if the insurance claim is worth all the trouble.

Just keep her for a minute and get a beater pick up, or whatever and then pick up the pieces and take it from there on your own. Fuck the insurance company! Shit your rates will stay lower that way.

15. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

very sorry to see this, especially after all the work u put in :(. GL with insurance and other stuff.

16. WJM

WJM Banned

I would cash out of pocket to fix it. Buy parts at deep discount, do some removal/teardown/prep yourself and have the body shop do what you cant do. As long as there is no structural damage, most of it is bolt on stuff. Paint work is all I see not being done yourself....unless you have those supplies.

Milo's wreck took out the A/B/C pillar when it rested on some trees...that was his problem. Plus suspension damages. Looks like you just need a control arm+body parts.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We'll see what happens when they put it up on the racks. Body guy that does all the appraisal stuff said that he thinks the entire under side of the unibody is tweaked because BOTH of the front wheels are pushed back.

We'll see. I'm hoping it's fixable and all but at the same time no biggy if it's not. Just a car.

18. WJM

WJM Banned

It takes a shit ton more force than a ditch to move the unibody. Both control arms are bent.

19. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Maybe Chuck Norris was laying in the ditch....

20. WJM

WJM Banned

could be.

I've seen some super hard hits...and the frame/unibody was straight in regards to control arm bolt locations. The control arm was obviously a different story...:rofl:

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Out of my hands though. I'm at the mercy of what the insurance says. I don't care. If they fix it I'm selling the car.

I have already found my next car. Decided against a truck for a daily due to gas and a waste of road without steady hauling something. I have a beater hard body nissan to haul things with.

Next car is 95% sure gonna be: E46 M3.

Pimp, looks hot, and I won't be tempted to do anything with it. Done, done, and done.

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

why sell if you get it fixed though?

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Cause I'm tired of it. Tired of the constant worries. And I want something luxurious.

24. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I call BS

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:wiggle:

On what the M3 or leaving it alone. The E46 M3 has always tickled me fancy. Especially the Phoenix yellow and the Leguna Seca Blue.

26. Doug@DBW Motorsports

leaving it alone... have you ever driven one.. they aren't that fast. It will be a matter of time before you swapping on the euro headers, exh, airbox, and a 125hp shot of nawz

27. techlord

techlord Active Member

the problem with that is you will be lucky to get 13K, I personally would just part the thing out, every piece and be done with it. Should get around 8K or more just for the eng/tranny.

28. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

worries will not end with the m3. Mine was in the shop ALOT more than youd think.

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have 7 friends with M3's with zero issues. Maybe you just drove the crap out of yours.

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I dunno if I'd get that much for engine/tranny.

If I part out, I was thinking the engine for $2000, rotated kit for $1500, tranny for $2500.

31. techlord

techlord Active Member

isn't that how you drive? It's how I drive...
    whatever you do don't let them total that car out with that eng and tranny, shit a weekends worth of work is an extra 5K minimum.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If they total the car I'll buy it back.

And no I don't drive like that. I drove the Suby hard but I don't drive like an idiot....you proved that at Taco Mac in the parking deck when you almost hit those poor ladies.

33. techlord

techlord Active Member

*knocks on wood* I haven't put my car in a ditch!
    ;)

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ahem mine hasn't been in a wall either on a track day and mine been to Roebling numerous times.

35. Matt

no, but you did damn near put it into a wall...3 times

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

^^^Hahaha we both said same thing at same time.

37. techlord

techlord Active Member

damn near, almost but NOT...where's the proof of said wall. Cohen keep that shit on lockdown!

38. Matt

I was referring to the Taco Mac 'incident'. :p

39. techlord

techlord Active Member

me too, I went exactly where my eyes told me to go but was having problems with my vision that night. lol

40. Matt

41. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i was there, too :wiggle:

42. Matt

43. techlord

techlord Active Member

I am sure that car rental place would love to see the video I have...lets agree to STFU

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

hmm i have some pics.

45. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

touche...forgot about that...damnit...

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Likely replacement. Hope it's available when I get the cash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

47. Banana

Banana Member

SMG FTL, they have a lot more problems than the 6 speeds. But looks damn good otherwise.

48. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Did anyone local (atl) buy the wrx?

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

SMG is faster than the manual. SMG has zero issues if you drive it like you got some sense. I'm not doing anything stupid in this car. This will be my daily.

50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Don't worry about who bought the car. If they want you to know, you will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.