Thinking of getting a 20g

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Aspen05, Apr 24, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yep.

I'm seriously thinking about this 18G madness. Sure it cost a pretty penny but top the extra top end power would be really nice.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

As Milo said, stock.

Honestly, if you can't afford to fix things when/if they break, you should avoid doing any serious mods. I hate to see people who sink everything they have into modding the hell out of a car and are completely screwed when the engine blows.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Also, something to consider is that the 16g on the evo has a 10mm hotside, compared to the wrx's 16g which is something like 6mm.

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

The other thing is if you get a meth setup, what are you going to do when they pull meth off the shelf?

Hmmmmmm?

Just kidding. But I do think it could get harder and harder to get, especially when places like Wal-Mart find out what it's really being used for. I mean heaven forbid we have some fun with thier product.

Or maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

get it retuned for pump gas... or if u have AP, just switch to the pump map :D

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Awwww shucks Scott don't make me grin :p

Yeah that was my car that ran 11.9's with the 18g on meth inj. I love the car and the low end grunt is decent depending on when you punch the gas. However I will be getting RA gears (thinking of just biting the bullet and doing ALL 5 gears instead of the typical 1-4/stock 5th). Anyways I say DOOOO ITTTT and let Scott tune it (it won't be that fast without Scott's magical JDM touch....:keke: )

Okay lets get some facts out here since for some odd reason people like to compare my dinky little turbo...lol

I hit full boost 22 psi at best around 3600 rpm although a few times when it was cold it came in at 3400 rpm. Anywhere after 3500 rpm is where the power kicks in and goes full blast at 4 grand. I played with Milo on I-85 and we were dead even until I got up in the upper rpms where the 18g had the advantage with my FMIC.....it never falls off it's power much if at all. I am on a bone stock 40K mile tranny and engine with a 6 puck clutch (which gets on my nerves often).

Like my previous post the low end is a little down but I honestly think that has to do with my 9.5 lbs flywheel. If I launch the ever living crap out of it then it isn't a problem but I've only done it a few times since the meth as my tranny begs me to not do it again :keke:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  8. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

hey coolrex, when did you change to 6 puck clutch??

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Mid Feb. of this year.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

man with RA gears your car is gonna sick!

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Lets hope so.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

fo' show, Im excited!