TopSpeed Tuned STI: E85 652hp 545tq!!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Nov 23, 2009.

1. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

There is no single pump that will provide enough fuel that isn't EXTREMELY loud. If this was a race car it would have a Aeromotive or Weldon. However this is a DAILY DRIVEN by an adult street car that needs to be reasonable.

This car will also probably be swapping back and forth between fuels a lot. We've got it setup so that he can easily pull the feed line and let the pumps drain the tank nearly dry. The large pumps are prone to burning up VERY quickly if run dry.

We feel this is the best solution for customers like this. If it was a racecar it would be different.

Siegel

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

My stock fuel pump in my daily driver honda accord is kind of loud, and makes a high frequency noise. I am mostly used to it, but it does bug me sometimes. It started doing it when I removed the back seat, but I like the car better without a back seat, as it is easier to haul stuff like wheels and tires back there.

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Heres the problem with a twin pump system with that kind of safety feature. Lets say you are running at Road Atlanta on your kill tune (28-30lbs) and you are coming out of turn 12 and its cuts the boost down to half of that, the chances of you going into the wall are pretty good. Closed loop system or not there are to many issues. Plus you are talking about a system that knows how much pressure its supposed to be seeing at each boost level and RPM and can detect when it goes wrong and cut the wastegate pressure etc.....it starts getting pretty complicated at that point.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pretty it would end up having an ECU all of it's own. By 'it' I mean the fueling system.