TopSpeed tuned

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by red98lude, Nov 30, 2009.

1. red98lude

red98lude Member

I wanted to leave a quick review about my recent tune at TopSpeed. After running a Cobb stage 1 map on my legacy and not being impressed I brought my car to TopSpeed. I ended up with a Cobb downpipe a protune and the car now drives how it should have from the factory. Much smoother power with a noticeable improvement over stock and I'm actually getting better gas mileage than when I was stock. I will definately be back in the spring for a larger turbo.

2. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Awesome. Legacy or 06 STI. What did it put down after the tune?

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Awesome... thanks for the review.

Sorry I didn't get your graph emailed to you sooner with the dyno we have been crazy busy here.

Stage 1 LGT Auto

[​IMG]

4. red98lude

red98lude Member

Thanks for posting the dyno graph Doug. You guys looked really busy and with the holiday I figured it might be a bit of a wait. Now that the mod bug has bit me I am going to see if you guys can get me to 300whp and 350wtq, not sure if the automatic will like that very much though.

5. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

+1 to doug and topspeed...(sorry for my g/f's car spewing antifreeze all over the dyno) ;)

6. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Just make sure to get a good transmission cooler for it!

7. red98lude

red98lude Member

At my current power level or for my goal? I have been looking at the Tru-Cool 4454, probably won't have time to do anything to the car until after the holiday.