TougeFest

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Sparta, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

[​IMG]
    We were amazed at the turnout for this. Despite being snowed in up there last weekend this weekend was dry and clear with blue skies. Also despite the number of cars in attendance, the addition of the Corvette of America, Saleen, and 4touge car clubs up there this weekend the Dragon itself was for the most part light traffic. I managed to step away from the organizing madness for a couple of trips down the Dragon (the second due to dropping a set of keys at the overlook) and was able to enjoy myself with zero trouble. There also was no sign of LEO presence despite the assumption they troll events like this looking to give out citations. I did here that they were hanging out at the end of the Gap though.

QED had the dyno going all day and after the raffle drawing we threw the cars on the scales to see who is the most balanced of the group. The winner ended up being a turbocharged FRS that posted a 50.0% while stock were about 46-48%.

Also, I would like to mention that we raised $365 for ROWW from the raffle in which we gave away 2 sets of ECO Auto Clean, Hella horns, Protune coupons at Forged, 2 sets of STI brake lines, LED lighting kit, a couple of dyno pulls, Retrofit Source coupons, KILLBOY scenic posters, and a goody bag of one off Touge Fighter gear.
    Keurig donated a brand new Keurig 2.0 machine that people competed for with social media pictures.

Over all it was a good weekend :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Can't wait!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  3. Justin V

Justin V Member

Fancy... you have my attention

4. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I am absolutely in! I'll have my sti pink springs on by then.

5. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Definitely hope to participate! May have to get a new brake set up first

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I may be able to help with that soon.

Also I do not want to give people the impression that this is a speed festival. I encourage everyone to stay within the limits of both their own abilities as well as their cars abilities.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Second post updated with prices! These are all payable to Fontana Village. We will not be handling anyones money.

8. Western

Western Supporting Member

I'm in. So...Let's get discussion going on who's down to share a Cabin! Like it says, the more people in the cabin, the cheaper it is! The cheaper it is, the less money we have to give up, and we all know what that means: MORE MODS. :)

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I would like to add that full payment is not due until the event. Only first nights rent is due to reserve a spot.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  10. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I can go but the wife is out on this one so I'm happy to share a room with someone.

11. Kryptic WRX

Kryptic WRX Supporting Member

I'm in also. The wife and son are going to be gone that weekend. I don't mind sharing a cabin either.

12. OddJob

OddJob New Member

I'll join you guys.

13. Western

I'd be down to share a room as well. I won't be able to put down the first payment until the 3rd or 4th of September....But as soon as I can, I will!

14. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Thanks for all the effort in organizing this event!
    We will be there Friday AM-Sunday, we rented the same 1BR Maple cabin we stayed in last year, which we really liked. Hopefully Touge Fighter gets credit for our booking although it was not in the block- we just really liked this cabin/view.

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Thanks Chip. I don't think we will though.

If anyone has a particular space they are familiar with just let me know and I can request it be added to the group. I wouldn't want you guys getting charged differently.

16. Western

But...Y'all have already done quite a bit of work on Tougefest, and we're still over 2 months out! I think it's only fitting that this should be a Touge Fighter event. At the very least, it should be considered a joint effort.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

This is in deed a touge fighter event. the 4touge group will be staying at another location. Since you are a member you can check in there on the site, but their beds are filling up fast.

18. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Okay guys, I just got off the phone with Fontana and they said that in order to get the 4 nights for 2 you actually have to be there for 4 nights or the rate will default to the average nightly rate. Why it really matters I do not know, so when you get into groups make sure that at least the person that is making the reservation is there each night. Luckily to book 2 nights is about the same price so that is still an option. Sorry for the misinterpretation, when we have booked specials with other cabins before it did not matter if we were there the full time or not.

19. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I can only go for early Friday morning- Sunday morning. Anyone planning on being there around the same time that would rather just split a hotel or even camp nearby now that we can't stay for a partial stay?

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Hold tight. I am re negotiating our contract ;)

21. Western

Fingers crossed Dana!

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

9Alright guys, a new contract is in the works and we are cutting it down from 4 day rental to 2. We will reserve Fontana for the 7 and 8 (Friday-Sunday) with a 25% discount. This eliminates the need to be there Thursday night and risk being hit with a "no-show" fee. Sorry for the confusion, the fine details were not clear when planning the 4 for 2 deal.

This still works out great because the main festivities were going to be held on Saturday anyways, so we are not at a loss.

I will post an updated price sheet once this new deal has been signed.

Chip, I think we are saving you some money :)

23. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

So that being said, who wants to share a cabin?

24. Kryptic WRX

I'll share with whoever.

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Prices updated. The deadline to book is Sept 13. I managed to get them to schedule it to around 2 paychecks

26. osborne519

osborne519 Member

if anyone wants to split a cabin with me let me know

27. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I want to split one.

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Anyone book yet?

29. osborne519

osborne519 Member

yep working on it

30. osborne519

osborne519 Member

grabbing the cabin ill let you know when they finally call me back

31. osborne519

osborne519 Member

im booked in the hickory cabin

32. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Okay cool man, let me know.

33. Subie_Dooo

Subie_Dooo New Member

I'm definitely down I'll probably have my new coils installed by then too!

34. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

We need more cabins booked! You have until the 13th but it is still good to get it out of the way. Remember it only takes 1 nights rent up front. After the 13th prices default back to normal rates. I am currently working on a few activities to include a Dyno and car scales, beer pong for the evening, and the wife wants to have out Smores for the camp fire. More details on activities coming soon :)

35. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

If things go well this month, ill definitely be there. This looks fantastic.

36. Western

Me, Ben and Josh will be sharing a cabin. I'll put a deposit down by say Thursday or Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37. Kryptic WRX

How do you want me to get you some money for it.

38. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I don't know if anyone else on here uses Venmo, but it's a fantastic cell phone app that allows you to send money straight to other peoples bank accounts.

I've been using it for a year, it is totally legit.

39. Western

I just booked one of the Hickory Cabins for me Ben and Josh. So...Pumped. Is it too early to tell work that I'll be off that weekend? :)

40. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

it definitely is not too early!

41. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

First post updated.

QED Tuning has offered to bring out the mobile dyno if he can get 6 preregs. Any one interested? We will also have a poker chip raffle for various prizes with all proceeds going to ROWW (Reach Out World Wide founded by Paul Walker) after the event, with proof verification unlike all those other events that promised to donate. Forged is also donating a set of car scales so that we can have a competition of best balanced, lightest, and heaviest "touge" car. Or you can just see how much your car weighs, FOR FREE. That Is just a preview of what we have planned, hope to see everyone there, even if it is only a day trip!

42. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

All cabins are booked! We do have a couple of lodge rooms available which are pretty much like a hotel room.

Also, if you plan on attending Saturday even if you are not staying for the weekend, please register so that we can keep track of what to bring.

http://www.tougefighter.com/#!tougefest-free-registration/c242z

43. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

44. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Thanks! Just under 47 days left! Our team still has a lot to do but this is shaping up to be a hell of meet. We appreciate everyone's support and if you need anything to help prepare for a weekend in the mountains (parts wise) let me know!

45. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

Ill take a lodge room. How do I make this happen por favor.

46. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

call fontana

47. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Honestly at this point I do not know what is still available. Like Matt said you'd just have to call them and ask

48. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

The cut off for the special was the 13th, I thought we kinda threw this in people's faces about the date and it being sold out.

Please call Fontana and see if you can work it out.

49. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I talked to with Fontana and there are at least 10 cabin still available and almost 17 large rooms.they will also allow you to still book at our discounted rate so just Say you are with tougefighter

50. suomi82

suomi82 Member

I feel like shit for missing this, it will be an awesome event but we "have to" be in Jamaica. We will be at the next event.