TougeFest

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Sparta, Aug 24, 2014.

1. fastnfurious7

fastnfurious7 Member

I would really like to attend this but $$$ is going to be extremely thin. May come up and camp if I can get some time off of work.

2. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

We scoped out nearby campgrounds in Nantahala National Forest when we were there last time. The one near where the hold the SCCA Hill Climb around Santeetla Road/Joyce Kilmer Road was awesome since it is on the water.

Here is the site for camping

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/nantcmp.htm

3. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Not sure if this is the same place, but ther are some VERY cool camping spots around Lake Santeetlah. Was up there last year when the hill climb was there.
    Google Lake Santeetlah camping and you can find maps of where the spots are. One of the ones we stayed at last year was right on the water and accomdated 5 tents easily. Unless we missed it or didn't do it, you don't have to pay either.

4. fastnfurious7

fastnfurious7 Member

For my motorcycle trips I usually camp at Fontana Village campground. It is a pay site but it's right by the Little Tennessee river and works pretty good. That way I'll be really close to the festivities.

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

6. fastnfurious7

fastnfurious7 Member

I'm in on the T, yo!

7. bluedestiny

One.Day.To.Go

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Well tomorrow is the day! Can't wait. A few of us will be leaving woodstock tomorrow morning around 11-12 depending how long it takes to load up all of the goodies. Check in is not until 4 but that will give us plenty of time to do some driving with daylight. Remember it gets dark early now.

An update on the event since this post hasn't been caught up yet. There are over 200 RSVP'S on Facebook with almost 100 confirmed registrants staying at Fontana. If you plan on coming up tomorrow please be at fontana by 9 so you can Check in and get the driver's brief and free coffee/donuts. Joel is starting the Dyno at 10 am and is willing to continue run on Sunday if needed.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Also the 25% discount still applies if you call today and mention tougefighter

10. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Where are we meeting up in the Woodstock area?

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

My exit should work since we can fill up there and make it to Robbinsville to top it off. Haven't heard of anyone else joining us so it will probably be me, Julian, Matt, you and Jeff. I will be in my truck hauling supplies.

Jason will be leading the 4touge group up around noon from Kennesaw. Not sure of details on them since he wants me to keep the groups separate

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  12. Western

Western Supporting Member

This is tomorrow....AAAAH! So excited.

13. bluedestiny

We will leaving at noon and running the scenic route up 400 through Dalonega - see you guys there ;)

14. Western

Western Supporting Member

If you weren't at this event, you missed out on some serious fun!

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

glad to see a big turn out, shame I missed out. Wanted to see what the Justy puts down

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Hey Breel, nice of you to stop by...

Glad Jared at least did so he could bring you your shirt although he said you were gone by the time he woke up this morning

JP, guess we will be mailing yours too? Email Sam your address

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

We were amazed at the turnout for this. Despite being snowed in up there last weekend this weekend was dry and clear with blue skies. Also despite the number of cars in attendance, the addition of the Corvette of America, Saleen, and 4touge car clubs up there this weekend the Dragon itself was for the most part light traffic. I managed to step away from the organizing madness for a couple of trips down the Dragon (the second due to dropping a set of keys at the overlook) and was able to enjoy myself with zero trouble. There also was no sign of LEO presence despite the assumption they troll events like this looking to give out citations. I did here that they were hanging out at the end of the Gap though.

QED had the dyno going all day and after the raffle drawing we threw the cars on the scales to see who is the most balanced of the group. The winner ended up being a turbocharged FRS that posted a 50.0% while stock were about 46-48%.

Also, I would like to mention that we raised $365 for ROWW from the raffle in which we gave away 2 sets of ECO Auto Clean, Hella horns, Protune coupons at Forged, 2 sets of STI brake lines, LED lighting kit, a couple of dyno pulls, Retrofit Source coupons, KILLBOY scenic posters, and a goody bag of one off Touge Fighter gear.
    Keurig donated a brand new Keurig 2.0 machine that people competed for with social media pictures.

Over all it was a good weekend :)

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

I had to work today and not happy about it

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

celica put down 92 hp haha

[​IMG]

21. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I'd also like to add that Subaru's were the majority there, but the novelty of this event was the diversity. Thank you all who came out

22. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I'm sorry I missed you guys. I was there for less than 24 hrs :| Had to get back to the family.

Absolutely perfect weather during the day. Few branches reaching out from the shoulder, but otherwise a perfect weekend for it.

23. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

I had a blast! Good meeting a few of you. Can't wait for the next one.

24. suomi82

suomi82 Member

More .JPEGs or it didn't even happen.

25. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

looks like quite a variety of cars showed up!