Track Night in America (May) - Easiest way to get on track!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by rp1, Apr 30, 2015.

1. rp1

rp1 Member

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1970262-201507-atlanta-motorsports-park

If you missed our first Track Night in America last month (http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/articles/1994660-driven-to-excitement - Randy Pobst didn't!), be sure to make our May Track Night this coming Tuesday, May 5th. We start things up around 3:00 with the first car on track at 4:00. You need NO prior experience to drive, but if you do, you can self-tech your car, hand it to the grid chief and head out on track (10 minutes from entering the track to driving on it - MAX). It's $150 for 3x 20 minute sessions or you can sign-up for the "run/work" combo and spend $35 for 1x 20 minute session and work a corner for the rest of the event - a deal you cannot beat for those on a tight budget.

~6:00-6:30 we'll have an open pace lap session where ANYONE (free of charge) can get some laps on course behind our pace car. Come, sign the waiver, check out the track... ALL FREE!!!

At this event, we're calling it BBQ Night in America b/c local Q Guru Bob Stuke will have a load of pork butts in his smoker and making snacks for people, complements of the Atlanta Region SCCA.

2. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

This sounds really cool. I may try to see if I can work this into next week's schedule. Time to swap my pads back to Carbotech.

3. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Do we need a helmet for this event?

4. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I would almost guarantee you do.

5. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I think I saw on their website that you do and it can not be a M helmet

6. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Well, time to buy a helmet.. And swap brake pads/fluid. I have had so little track time that I could use some time to get used to how my car handles.

7. rp1

rp1 Member

Correct, you do need a helmet. I think the track may rent them... but for the cost of a cheap SA / M rated unit (the same type that you need for Solo), it's probably better to just spring for one. I think Discovery Parts on-site will be open should you need something while at the track.

BTW, Target for this event is around 75 people... sign-up today!!! The Boston event seems to be our nemesis at ~75. Hopefully we can beat them on a month by month basis :)

8. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Signed up and excited to get some track time. It'll be interesting to see how the car does.

9. rp1

rp1 Member

10. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'm out for the June one but I'm looking at the Aug one!