Truly Pathetic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Who are you going to be voting for?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2009.
  1. McCain

27 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Obama

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. No Answer/Other

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

and thats why I will throw my vote away on Bob Barr.

2. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

And to go along with what Techlord originally said; there is no real news on TV.... it's all one big editorial. ALL of it is slanted. If something big happens like an asteriod getting ready to hit the earth and they only reported about it on TV.... I would die without ever knowing what happened.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ you mean, how the media completely ingored Ron Paul?!

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It's funny, Comedy Central did a rerun of the South Park election episode, voting between a Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich. It is so relevant today.

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

:rofl: :rofl:

[​IMG]

6. J_P

The media shouldn't have a hand in it. They should just report the facts until it's time for a REAL editorial. I think we need to have the option to vote "none of the above" on the ballot in all political races. If the majority chooses "none of the above" then you re-run the race with new candidates. Again, I'm dreaming somebody hit me.

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

:unamused:

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

well now that you have allowed us to climb inside your head...YES, I feel the same way. The only reason to push the lesser of 2 evils comes down to whats at stake in the near future. Basically we cannot allow Obama to be elected, just a look at his voting record is concern enough for me to know with him in charge and us living in a major city a massive shroom cloud is going to happen.

I did not think this would turn into such a fiasco, I really wanted to illustrate that nearly ALL the media is rooting for Barack.

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

Except for the small Republican contingency of media (FOX).

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

Not even the media is stupid enough to support someone that thinks we did 911. Look up his association with George Sorros and what George stands for.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

silly boy they sure do come the closest to the facts. NO ONE gets it right but the others have been cought for being in the tank. Just a little research will go a long way.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The fact that it has been like this since day 1 and the results are so close is my sign that McCain is the better choice. If Obama was all the media makes him out to be, he should be killing McCain in the polls right now, but it is so close it is amazing.

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^thanks

Oh let me explain as I know it is coming. I am not a hannity fan TOOO right I would however like to skin Combs.

there is a reason I think that fox has more people tune in than ALL the others cable news sources combined. Now with all the left loons why is this, well they get their new from Mtv, Letterman, etc...

Damn I got to get work done out for a while

14. J_P

I think this is an appropriate quote for the sheople being spoon fed by the media:

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid"
    -Soren Kierkegaard

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

16. techlord

techlord Active Member

oh shit goto their website and read what US fans are writing about that pole smoking F@GG0T. It was that clip and the 2 different covers that lead me to start this thread.

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Michael Savage for president!

18. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I know the war in Iraq is a hot topic and many people will vote for the Obamanation just because they are anti-Bush. I have lost friends in the war but I also know that we haven't had an attack on US soil since we took the fight to them. If we pull out of Iraq before they are ready, you can bet your ass terrorists will be blowing up US buildings again very soon.
    Everyone acts like the President is responsible for everything happening in the nation. You might want to check the congress and house. With those both being run by the Dems now it is damn near impossible for Bush to do whatever he wants. That is how the government was designed! Check and Balances. Although I think Barack is a excellent public speaker and does a great job of addressing the masses, his liberal views scare the crap out of me. He tries to relate to middle class people like he came from that. The guy has never had a real 9-5 job. He has spent his whole life campaigning for his next gig.
    I don't agree with everything McCain supports, but I do believe we need less government and more personal responsibility and I think we get more of that with McCain then with Obama.

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Its been 7 years, its too soon to say "we haven't had an attack so the war worked"

Major terror attacks are not predictable and 7 years isn't long enough of a time to say that,.

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

There have been large terror attacks in other places since 9/11, none again on American soil. If they can't get America, they need to attack someone else. Lets look at them:

March 2002, Israel
    Three bombs, independently planned but all timed to coincide with the Passover festival. One hits a Passover dinner at a hotel in Netanya, killing 20 people. Another in Tel Aviv kills 29 and a suicide bomber attacks an Arab-owned restaurant in Haifa and kills 14.

Lets just ignore Israel in this situation since attacks like this are almost a normal occurrence.

October 12 2002, Bali, Indonesia
    Car bombs outside nightclubs popular with foreign tourists kill 202 people, 91 of them Australians. An Indonesian Islamist group with Al-Qaida links is blamed.

May 16 2003, Casablanca, Morocco
    Five bombs targeted at Jewish and western people in the city kill 41, mostly Moroccans. Six Europeans also die.

May 12 2003, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Suicide bomber attacks on residential compounds inhabited by westerners kills 34 people. Al-Qaida blamed.

November 20 2003, Istanbul, Turkey
    Truck bomb attacks on the British Consulate and the HSBC bank kill over 60 people, including the British consul general in the city.

March 11 2004, Madrid
    Explosions aboard four commuter trains arriving at Atocha station during the morning rush hour. Bombs were in backpacks, and detonated using a mobile phone, killing191 people and injuring 1,800. Spanish government of Jose Maria Aznar at first suggests the Basque separatist group Eta is to blame, but later concedes the attacks were the work of Islamists. Popular anger at being "misled" leads to victory of the opposition at a general election a few days later.

September 1 - 3 2004, Beslan, Russia
    Islamist gunmen take over 1,000 hostages, mostly children, at a school in North Ossetia. After a three-day siege many of the hostages are killed in an explosion in the school gym, after which Russian troops storm the building. The final death toll is over 330, many of them children. 800 more are injured.

How many terror attacks against the US have been foiled since 9/11?

At the time this was written, 19 based on this source. http://www.heritage.org/research/HomelandDefense/bg2085.cfm

How many other attacks may have been thwarted, but couldn't be publicized for unknown reasons.

Bottom line, Americans today are safer in our home country then before 9/11. You can thank the Iraq War and the War on Terror for your safety, no matter how unpopular it may be.

21. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

^^ Amen!

22. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

After all the arguing on IA about this topic, this has to be the best post yet.

I honestly did not think of that! I mean, I think we all know it, but do not act on it. We do need to focus more on who we elect close to home as much as we to the leader of the country. Thank you sir!

23. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I think though at this point having a stronger force in Afghanistan is much more important to the War on Terror than Iraq. I also think it is important to make sure we are not to strained militarily with Russia becoming ever more aggressive. I am not saying we have to pull out immediately, but we just need to be careful.

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Here is the thing when it comes to Afghanistan. I agree, now that Iraq has been subdued, we need to start shifting forces to Afghanistan, but you need to remember that from the very beginning, Afghanistan was a NATO operation. NATO agreed to fight it out in Afghanistan, while America, with little help from our allies went into Iraq.

If we would have decided to go into Afghanistan, NATO would have backed out, leaving the US alone to fight out a tough war in a mountainous country that wrecked havoc for Russia years ago in their fight against Islamists.

Since Iraq was not a big concern, even though it was ruled by a ruthless sadistic dictator that invaded every neighboring country, and used chemical weapons on it's own people, Saddam would still be in power today causing untold havoc on the region because there was nobody willing that was strong enough to stop him.

Also, Afghanistan has little to no strategic value. Bin Laden, after 9/11 claimed that Iraq would be his base to fight America. If they could have won in Iraq, they would be in control of like 1/5 of the worlds oil reserves. Gas prices are nothing compared to what they would be if we retreated from Iraq and handed victory to our enemies when the war was unpopular.

25. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

we also have a lot less freedom thanks to it as well. personally, (and the founding fathers agree with me here) I would never trade my civil liberties for a tiny ounce of perceived safety. anyone who does is not a true american or patriot, end of story. it is against the spirit of the principles of this country. you can't prove that we are "safer", it's just a fear mongering scare tactic and you know it.

the war on terror will be never ending, much like the war on drugs. it is a ridiculous notion at best, and an ingenious way to shift wealth at the worst

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Last big attack here from the "terrorists" was back on the twin towers i think, 11 years before sept 11 or something...

Never know whats going to happen in another 5.

Also, you cant just say they've been attacking more else where, its been like this for a LONG time. Other places with less security get it. Period.

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Like what? I hear this being said regularly by the MSM and yet, I have not felt it in any way.

28. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

patriot act ftl

29. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Big deal. It will never effect me because I m not a terrorist trying to cause harm to the country. I don't care if the government taps my phone, email or whatever. I have nothing to hide, so I have nothing to fear from the Patriot Act. If, however, because of the Patriot Act, the government was able to thwart those 19 foiled terror attacks that I posted the link to, then in my case, it has done much more good than it has caused me inconvenience or harm, and I am all for that.

30. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^we speak in code brova

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I pretty much knew this was coming, and I have nothing to say. you are willing to give up everything and live under the threat of tyranny for a false sense of safety. as someone who has served in the military to uphold our personal freedoms, you disgust me that you would so brazenly throw them away.

I'm done here.

32. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What am I throwing away?

If I lived in a bubble and didn't read the news, watch the news or pay attention to current events, I would not have know that the Patriot Act was enacted, what it was or anything, and life would continue on as normal, just like it is, even though I know that things have changed. I don't see the change, I don't feel the change, hence I am not bothered by it. The day that the Patriot Act personally effects me, my friends, or my family, my viewpoint may change, but at the moment, I gain and lose nothing from this. Life continues on as normal.

On top of that, I still have my freedom of speech, and all other freedoms I had before.

33. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Im brown, if if said ANYTHING even close to suspicious, i bet you they'd be on my ass. Its harder for brown people.

Thats that.

34. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

wow....this went way off course....and FAST....what the hell, people?!

[​IMG]

35. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

But you still have your freedoms. You still have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, the right to bear arms, freedom to choose where you live, work, go to school, etc... The patriot act hasn't changed this, you still have all your same freedoms, however, if you say something that throws up a red flag because there is one now, it may come back to haunt you later.

36. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Thread reopened. It has not become so bad that it needs to be closed at this point. There is a good discussion going on that i would like to continue. If it starts to get out of hand, I will close it, or we could just drop the Patriot Act and Iraq war and return to discussing Media Bias.

37. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

While not the Patriot Act directly, the companies involved in this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_call_database used it as a cover.

Ever here of the game The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon ? Imagine how that game could be played if you connected people by the phone numbers you called and the ones that they called and so on and so on. Now add in what internet sites you have been to and what content you have downloaded. I would imagine most of us here would be connected quite quickly to something illegal or in some people eyes something immoral.

I had a friend who was held and interviewed by the FBI shortly after the Olympic bombings. His only crime was that he was actively on a cell tower near each of the 3 bombings close to when they happened. Each time he called the same number (his girlfriends). Fortunately for my friend they decided Richard Jewell was the man they wanted.

I voted for McCain back when he still was a maverick, not the sell out he is today.

This is what one me over

Now with Palin on the ticket he is pandering to those same people.

He also sold his soul on the torture issue by refusing to sign a bill to end the CIA's use of torure on terror suspects.

38. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

You conveniently left out your right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

you know, the 4th amendment. I can't tell if you are trolling or are just extremely obtuse. this is what I was getting at referring to "freedoms". next time I guess I'll have to spell it out.

39. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

For the green eco-friendly envirementalists, I wanted to mention the "global cooling" scare of the '70's. google it. Are the all knowing scientists who are never wrong making another hasty decision? oh yeah the world IS round, did we say it was flat? As far as the Iraq war goes you guys should check out what radical islam is REALLY about. Iran's leader (Ahmedenajad), has pledged "death to the great satin"and Israel (that's us guys!) publicly on several occassions. We have to take the fight to them and those who finance and supprt them, like Iraq. Funny how Russia is helping them out w/ the "nuclear power"now isn't it. Just my couple of points I wanted to make on why I think McCain is a far better choice due to his policies in contrast to Obama's though I didn't vote for him in the primary.

40. jason

jason Member

I just put some "thank you's" up.

No need to reiterate what has been said.

41. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

McCain FTMFW!!!

42. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

if he had sex, he'd die.

43. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I have no big issue with either candidate and would not be too upset if one beat out the other.

Having said that I won't be voting McCain simply because his policies are too conservative for me. Also his choice of Sarah Palin for running mate is quite honestly awful. I have no issue with a female VP, but one with her record is a big nono. If McCain does get elected then I sure to god hope he lives for another 4 years as no way in hell would I want to see Palin in the top spot.

Obama may not be the favorite down here, but on the other hand he did do a good job of picking his running mate. Not to mention I think he would do far better on the foreign policy agenda. Face it, it's really damn important to be viewed well by the rest of the world. That's the only way we can get stuff done with cooperation with other nations and it's one way to try and prevent acts of violence against Americans & American establishments.

44. Deke

Deke Active Member

I remember watching a primary debate and they brought up torture. He was the onyl one that absolutely opposed it and I gained a lot of respect for him because of it. Sad to see he backed down.

I definitely agree that I supported him over Bush back in the 2000 elections (even though I was not of voting age at the time). Sucks that he doesn't seem to be the same guy.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  45. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I just got a cookie...anyone want a bite?

46. techlord

techlord Active Member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  47. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^evidently I am no good at formatting, the first YES/NO is McCain the second is Obama.

48. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

49. Deke

Deke Active Member

Stopped reading after this. Me thinks there's bias in this post :)

50. techlord

techlord Active Member

haha didn't remember cutting and pasting the beginning is just fluf the real meat of this is taxes. You know your money but hey don't read just vote.