Truly Pathetic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Who are you going to be voting for?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2009.
  1. McCain

27 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Obama

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. No Answer/Other

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. heathbar

heathbar Member

Whether global warming is real or not, it is still a good idea to reduce our energy consumption and therefore pollution. More efficient buildings and cars, as well as using renewable sources of energy (like the sun) will only help. Espeically if you want to have kids (or grandkids) that don't inherit a trashed planet. Part of this will come from a consumer demand for these things, but it also needs to be pushed by more legislation and tax incentives. :wavey:

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

^No need to get saucy about it :) (NINJA'd)

I just didn't want to read anymore because I saw there was obviously an agenda in the stuff you copied and pasted. Trust me, I'll do me research before the elections come up. Nothing pisses me off more than an uneducated voter. I have no problem with who someone votes for as long as they can intelligently explain their decision.

Edit: I reread that and just in case you misinterpreted it and think I was taking a jab at you, I definitely wasn't. Props for doing research and actually looking at the issues instead of just the name of the party.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  3. techlord

techlord Active Member

I am a facts kind of guy and take nothing personally. We can agree to disagree but personally I have alot to loose if Obama is elected.

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Rick,

I found this about the tax bills.

Looks like no matter which one my tax bill is going to go down.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/new...roposals_tpc/index.htm?postversion=2008061115

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/09/ST2008060900950.html

Which of those links did you get your Income Tax data from?

Also there has always been a captial gains when you sell your house for a profit. The exception that exist now and will still exists with both candidates is that if you use the gains as a down payment on another house the gains are exempt. If you were over 65 you could sell your house for a profit and not pay gains on the sale even if you did not buy another house. You could only qualify for that exemption one time in you life. Is this what would change under Obama?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  5. techlord

techlord Active Member

neither look like the info I originally received and why I pulled it

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

7. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

Anyone else think sarah palins kinda hott and sexy?

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Is there anyone that thinks she isn't? :)

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Id rather take her preggo daughter minus the baby.

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

"about to be" bamboozled?!

news flash: scientists recently discover the sky is blue... and much to everyone's surprise, there are clouds.

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

Is there anyone that wouldn't? :)

12. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I am voting for Shaq & Kobe

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

im not voting. because i thought i would be able to make it back home that week to vote. but i am starting my new job and don't have an absentee ballot. I have a feeling americans will make the right choice.

haha, who am i kidding. we're all screwed!