** TSM Built & Tuned ** FR-S w/ Greddy Turbo Kit - 296 WHP

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Mike@TSM, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to throw this up here as a nice beginning to 2014. We recently completed the install of a Greddy Tuner Turbo Kit on a 2013 FR-S and we were pretty impressed with how this thing went together and performed for such a simple kit. For those of you that don’t know, there are plenty of turbo kits our there including the Greddy; some are pretty complex and some are fairly simple. The Greddy Kit is definitely on the simple side and, in this case, less is definitely more. If anyone is looking at a simple, well made, and reliable turbo setup for the BRZ/FR-S this is certainly it.

Here are the specs:

2013 Scion FR-S
    Greddy Tuner Turbo Kit T518Z @ 7 psi
    Perrin Front Pipe and Catback Exhaust
    STOCK FUEL SYSTEM
    Tune by Doug @ TSM on 93 Oct

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Nice numbers! The intercooler looks so small in the big mouth grill.

3. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Thank you!

It does look a little small, but there's really no reason to make it large at this power level. Also, it's made to accommodate the Greddy Oil Cooler which would sit to the left of it.

4. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

That would be a nice addition, does the customer plan on adding the oil cooler?

5. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

As of right now, there are no plans to add it because this is mainly a street car. It may be added when we do the Stage 2 upgrades that are loosely in the works.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

very nice!
    What do they dyno at stock?

7. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

It's varried a little, we've seen as low as mid 150s and as high as mid 160s.

Here is a comparison from another car we did this week of it's baseline vs Intake, Header, Exhaust and a TSM Tune:

[​IMG]

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Man these things should have been mildly turbo charged from the factory. #dattqcurve.

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

People have been screaming about this very thing with the Miata and Mazda still hasn't budge on that demand. I would like to think that with a healthy ROI on this model that FujiYota will see the light and step it up a bit in the near future.

10. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I havent been keeping up with the brz/frs, is the rest of the driveline up to snuff on these cars?

11. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

The clutch won't last long at all.

12. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

The clutch doesn't hold power very well but the rest of the drivetrain holds power up to about 450 whp from what everyone has seen.

We actually did an ACT clutch in this car so it will be fine.

13. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Wasn't listed in the mod list above so I assumed it was stock. Great!

14. wlee32

wlee32 New Member

You guys gonna post this on the ft86 forums as well? Don't see a lot of activity from you guys over there. Looks pretty awesome!!

Thinking about FI later as well. Tracking it for now! :)

15. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

I was going to post it there but quite honestly, the vendor fees we had to pay to be a part of that site were very hard to justify based on the little volume we did with those cars - this will likely be revisited soon as we do more and more but until then I'm not aloud to post it per that forums policies.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding these or need help picking out parts or anything.

Thanks!

16. wlee32

wlee32 New Member

10-4. Good to know you guys are working on this platform as well!

17. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

18. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

19. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

20. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Ya'll know me.....the heck with forums rules....they are meant to be broken or to have loopholes exposed. :keke:

21. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I would have figured the owner of the car would have posted it over there..

22. dwx

dwx Member

What software are you using to tune the cars? Ecutek or something else?

23. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

This particular car is tuned using ECUTek as the owner already had the license and the software.

All the tuning initiated at TSM for the BRZ/FR-S uses a proprietary software that allows us to tune using the factory ECU.