TSM | Does your office have 490 ft/lb of torque?

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Mike@TSM, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

It’s no secret that we here at TSM favor the Blouch DOM 1.5 as you can see by the number of builds we’ve done using this little magic hairdryer. Well, this one is more of the same… or is it?

Just a little backstory:
    A couple of years ago we installed a Blouch 20G XT along with the normal bolt-ons on this customers 2010 STi Hatch, including an ETS TMIC, Invidia Header, and a Borla Cat Back, etc. Well, for what it was back then (and even now really), this car made awesome power – 405 whp & 429 wtq on E85 & the stock short block!

Fast forward two years and over 40,000 miles, to no one’s surprise, the #4 piston ring land let go – obviously this is something that both us and the customer expected happening sooner or later. The customer, who works in a profession where he constantly has clients in and out of his car, wanted to upgrade to a setup that could produce a bit more power but still be reliable and spool quickly like his 20G. After going back and forth on a couple thoughts we finally settled on the following:

TSM SS1 Short Block – Now using Manley Graded Pistons
    Blouch DOM 1.5 XT-R, 10cm Turbine housing, 3” Inlet
    GSC S1 Cams w/ upgrade springs and retainers
    E85 Final tune by Doug (this is the best mod, really :D)

The customer and everyone else here could not be happier with the awesome results: 466 whp & 490 wtq!! (This was @ 26.5 psi peak tapering to 25 psi on E85)

[​IMG]

Just so you all can compare to his last setup, we actually tuned the DOM 1.5 to the same boost level the 20G was – 23 psi:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What’s really exciting here is seeing the difference in wheel tq at the same RPM – 75 WTQ more @ 4K!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I need some corn in my car...

3. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

How much does a setup like that cost?

4. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Yes you do!

From all stock?

5. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Minus the TBE and intercooler.

6. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Usually a setup like this would cost about $15k - $16k with installation and tuning depending on which options you choose to go with.

7. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Damn. That sure is a nice setup with great power.

8. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Absolutely! The customer was VERY pleased with the results.

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

Great job by TSM once again. Nice work guys!

10. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Thank you!

11. hockeyfan19

hockeyfan19 New Member

Nice setup!

I love my Dom 1.5 also. I just wish I could get E85 down here in Columbus! There's only one spot in town, and it's far from convenient!