WannaGOFAST

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by 95 L Sti, Aug 28, 2014.

1. 95 L Sti

95 L Sti New Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. FACE

FACE Active Member

Looks like a great time!

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Looks pretty awesome! I wanna try it out next year! Might see if i can make the ride up to spectate this year. Anyone down for a caravan?

4. 95 L Sti

95 L Sti New Member

I'll be going up Saturday and Sunday don't have a set time yet. Maybe if I finish my build it might be up for the drive.

5. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'll be up there on Sat, I'll hit you guys up!

6. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll be there both days

7. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

I'll be up there this year for at least Saturday. Another STi owner is driving up with me.

8. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

I'm participating in saturdays competition. I am going to at least try and be competitive in the 4dr class, maybe even take fastest 4dr depending on how many nitrous farting CTS-V sedans show up :)

9. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'll bring the GoPro just in case. :wiggle:

10. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Is Robb competing??? If so, I know he posted a new blower built for nitrous on instagram.... Just sayin

11. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Ya, this event is an absolute BLAST! Unfortunately, I won't be up until Sunday and hopefully I'll see some of you guys there. Even if you only come up and watch, it's a great time. We are the title sponsor and will be out there in the big trailer so if you guys come up feel free to stop by and hang out!!

12. digitizedsoul

You won't be there....... saturday???

I'm breaking up with you.

13. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I am considering this one, but anyone wanna meet up somewhere before hand and drive up together?

14. Subie_Dooo

Subie_Dooo New Member

I'll look into it. It sounds awesome!

15. Subie_Dooo

Subie_Dooo New Member

I'm down to meet up if I end up going!

16. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Ya.... sorry man :( Got people coming in town.

17. OddJob

OddJob New Member

Yeah Mike, the honeymoon is over!

I'm competing (more like participating) both days. I hear someone is pushing well over 500 with their Dom 1.5......

I'm headed up Thursday if anyone would like to go grab some food/beers Thur night. I usually stay up near Topspeed.

18. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

I've got shingles darn it! If the pain lets up I'm down to meet before we drive. I live in canton so its not that far from me.

19. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I am planning on going up on Saturday if anyone else wants to join up for the drive. I live in the highlands but figured maybe anyone wanting to go can meet up Alpharetta that morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'll roll up there with people.

21. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Hopefully i can make it this year and spectate on Sat!

22. digitizedsoul

Who's pushing over 500 on a dom 1.5?
    Am I really going to need to run race gas for this event? LOL

23. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

e85 on your setup would be pretty awesome and might give you a chance. I would expect some fast 4 doors to be there. I know of a couple on the list. If the previous events this year has been any indication...you can't rely on last year's results as a baseline. Seems like everyone is much faster this year.

24. digitizedsoul

I'm out of fuel pump (340 stealth) and probably injector as well (bosch 1000's)

I see 90+% IDC on colder temp days just on 93oct :(

25. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Yep. Not enough for e85.

26. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

RACE GAS!! lol

27. digitizedsoul

Yeah, it's tempting, but it might be fun to see how it does on 93oct this year, also it's my first event so I am not exactly expecting to win fastest 4dr, just want to participate.

Once I get the feel for it all competitive nature will of course play a bigger part :D

28. Western

Western Supporting Member

Registration for spectators still open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Cash only at the gate for spectators. I'll be brining a tent and chairs assuming I remember!

30. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Will it be still $15 at the gate to spectate?

31. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Is there a group planned to meet and drive up? Myself and 1 other are driving up for this.

32. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I was thinking maybe a group should meet up around the Alpharetta Area. We could get a quick mountain run in as well.

33. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

That would be a good meet area. Always down for a quick mountain run on the way! I am coming from Kennesaw, and the other guy is coming from Midtown.

34. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Coming from Smyrna and I'm in.

35. Rulevoid

Rulevoid Member

I'm the guy coming from Midtown. Looking forward to it!

36. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I will be coming from the highlands. I was thinking that parking lot where wild wings is located off of exit 11 Windward Parkway.

37. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

From Windward Parkway, if we include a quick mountain run it is a 2 hour drive. It would be the attached route. First run of the day is at 8:30am. I think we should meet at wild wings at about 7am and go from there. thought?

Attached Files:

38. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Meeting at WW at 7am sounds good to me! The route looks awesome, especially north of Helen.

39. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Man, I am down for that! I'm having to head up Sunday morning anyways so I'll join you guys :)

40. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Just to clarify. I am sure a lot of folks are going up both days. We are meeting 7am on Saturday correct?

41. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Ya.... I'm out. LOL

Seriously though, if anyone wants to head up Sunday then just let me know and we can do our own little caravan.

42. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

Sunday might work for me.. I'll keep you posted

43. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm heading up both days. I live on the boarder of Cumming and Dawsonville. I can meet you guys around this area on the way up 400

44. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Yeah I am only going up on Saturday

45. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

Ok cool. Drowland, we can meet you on our way up Saturday.

46. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Has anyone gone to this event in the past? Will we need to bring our own food, I saw on their site no alcohol is allowed but it doesn't say if vendors will be there or if we need to bring a grill.

47. Wycked304

Wycked304 New Member

I went last year. There was a guy selling BBQ sandwiches and a few other things. Can't guarantee they will be there this year, but I would imagine so and hopefully a few more vendors. There are plenty of places to eat "in town" that you can run to while they have an hour break from racing for lunch. There were also people who had very small grills set up as well.

48. digitizedsoul

I will need to know about any saturday meetup's ride alongs. I would love to cruise up with others.

49. BmanFSU26

BmanFSU26 Member

I think the general consensus is we are meeting in the parking lot where Wild Wings is located off of exit 11 Windward Parkway (Alpharetta) on Saturday morning around 7am. There are about 4 people so far with Drowland meeting us near Cumming/Dawsonville on the way up.

50. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

We will also do a quick mountain run on the way up.

Are you racing on Saturday or Sunday? It looked like drivers needed to be up there by 6:30am