Waze App Users

Discussion in 'General Community' started by wagunz_pwn, May 1, 2014.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I created a WRXAtlanta.com group...just do a search for WRXAtlanta under groups and join up!

Attached Files:

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Joined!

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Excellent!

I will join.

4. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Joined as well. I downloaded the app during the snowpocalypse and havn't used it. What does being in a group on waze allow you to do?>

5. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

It is GREAT for driving to work and back and the maps are 10x more accurate that all of the other navi apps I've used.

Plus if others are using it around you it is better than a radar detector for cops.

6. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I joined the group as well.

7. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

8. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

+1

9. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

poopstankninja?

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I've used it a few times but it never took over for Google Maps for me. It is cool for traffic flow, speed traps etc.. I'll have to give it another shot.

11. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

A lot of the OLOA guys use it to avoid jams and such. I love the app until I hit a major metropolitan area......then the annoying warnings and chimes start popping up nonstop. Of course I could turn that off.

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Google bought waze about a year or so ago. They've made quite a bit of improvements since then.

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Not exactly sure, but you can post to the wall. For example, for Formula Drift...you could post the address to the wall that everyone is going to for the drive out. If you're on a mountain run, you could post info on the roads for everyone in the group.

It also links to the WRXAtlanta Facebook page. If you set it as your main group, other wazers can see the group icon on the map, which will make it possible to see other group members on the map...and the group will receive your map reports.

Like I said, not exactly sure. It's social media and maps combined. I'll post a message to the wall and see what happens.

You can leave a group, or not allow your icon to be displayed and even drive invisibly. Yes, you can customize the notifications. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Last edited: May 2, 2014