wEak Squad / TSM's '08 STi Hatch - Forward Facing Super 99 Closed Deck Setup

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Mike@TSM, Jun 4, 2015.

1. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

I bet the shop smelled wonderful....lol

2. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

^ I'm at the shop now. He started it up for me... Yes the shop smells wonderful!

3. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Is that a fireball halo coming out? I see what appears to be flames in the exhaust. If so really cool shot.

5. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

about a 4 foot flame from the exhaust and i guess jackson caught the very last bit of it on camera, thought it was a pretty cool picture none the less

car made 539/441 on 93 octane and wastegate pressure letting off at 6400 because my wastegate springs are so high. so far its looking like its going to be a monster. considering theres another 20psi left, e98 and revving to 9000 rpm. this turbo should start getting extremely efficient in the 35+psi range.

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle: excited to say the least :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

6. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Post a dyno video?!

7. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

:hsnono:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  8. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

On snap chat haha its nothing exciting, letting off at 6400 the turbo was only in boost for 900rpm. I'm more excited to see a 40+psi 9000rpm rip

9. Justin V

Justin V Member

Almost makes me want to rebuild mine

but the wife could read my mind and asked if I had any bites on the car or parts today.

10. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[youtube]4Bezbfs6kto[/youtube]

for the lazy.

12. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

The $hitbox radiator fan combo I used wasn't working at all so our fabricator is building one today off a core I had made 16.5x17.5x3.25 double pass. Trying to use a 14" 220w 2170cfm fan if we can squeeze it in there.

Thanks chris (killerB) for the advice on the phone!! We should be in business now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Comeon it's been 18 days.

14. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

*knock knock* this thing on?
    :D

i know you've done a real dyno pull by now at least

15. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Hopefully there's no *knock knocking* going on.

16. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

You guys lol

While I was out of town for a funeral for a family member, rob got started on turning it up. The goal is to stop somewhere around the mid/upper 40s. At 37psi it made 730whp, however the power was dropping off around 8k. I'm really wanting it to carry to 9k or so for a better powerband. So I've installed a process west billet track manifold to see if maybe the intake was the limiting factor at high rpm. Just finished up the install Saturday so hopefully rob will get her on the rollers sometime early week.... lol or today

Sorry for the delay.... we've been busy whipping some ass at the bucshur shootout
    (**7.91 @ 178 - 1.270 60ft - 5.17 1/8th**)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  17. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

18. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

That is one good looking engine bay right there sir. Looking forward to seeing some videos of this beast!

19. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Thanks!!! I have a video but I can't post it until it's finished unfortunately

20. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Sexy manifold. Is that a Nerf football in the exhaust? LOL

21. digitizedsoul

lame, politics.

:\

22. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

That is exactly what it is :wiggle:

23. digitizedsoul

Are you already running the triple pump setup, or just one or two?
    I noticed with the PW mani that you had to leave off your 2nd rail's for now. I'm sure to test your theory it won't matter though.

24. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Swapped 2000s, triple pump at 25psi

Wastegate needs another spring, made about 765 at 40 psi. Going to take it to the track at 40 psi for now to see how it does!

Gained 75whp and 60ft lbs at 6000rpm, also holds up top

25. digitizedsoul

Beautiful man! Testing, data analysis > talk and theory all day long. Great respect for you on that (and the shop).

I wonder if the PW mani would help me at all @ 520whp / 23-25psi?
    Probably not, I have stock heads / valves with just springs and GSC S2 cams, no port work.

26. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

I would have no issue testing it on yours and having it tuned, you'd just have to have the piping put together and tuned obviously, quick before run on the dyno to see true before and after

27. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

28. digitizedsoul

Nice! Hey what happened to the "sound wall" behind the dyno door? Ya'll give up on that or what? Not that it would really matter with your side exit exhaust haha

29. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

We passed the sound test. Then moved it to install the new dyno.... and never moved it back lol

30. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Excited to announce Chris of KillerB Motorsports has a super gangster holy header headed my way to test!!!! Stay tuned

31. digitizedsoul

haha sick man!
    i'm already convinced that one of these far away days on a future build i'll be using that manifold. If your custom built header can be improved upon, that will be another thing on the list.

I'm using one Kelly (tigwerks) made for me right now (equal length)

32. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Kelly makes awesome stuff!!!

We'll see if there are gains to be had from the holy header

33. digitizedsoul

Have you read this thread?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2426096

Some interesting stuff on outfront closed deck blocks. I haven't finished it yet, it's super long but everyone seemed to chime in at some point or another.

Chris from Killer B, Maxwell Power, Outfront themselves, JR, i forget who else.

34. digitizedsoul

The one thing I noted was that they were quoting numbers of boost limits even with closed deck's of like 35psi on 8.5 to 1 compression ratio's which I know can't possibly be true.

I stumbled across it when researching the limits of the stock sleeves and open deck like i'm running just to see if I could squeeze any more out.

35. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Read it 3 times before buying mine. Jeff tested a v2 motor if im not mistaken, maybe a v3. They rate the v3 to 700whp. I've had a V4 since before it was sold to the public and they rate it for 1000whp. JR has also run these setups to 60psi without issues. When I get the header on well be seeing what it makes at the same boost level and then turning it up more

36. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Supposedly they've still never had a V3 failure to date

37. digitizedsoul

Nice man, thanks for the info there.
    I wonder what Ryan (stirhino) used on his build (what revision) i'll have to ask him.

Also, did you see what jeff was doing with individual cylinder AFR's and EGT's?
    I thought his findings were pretty eye opening in regards to #2 and #4 being leaner. Certainly backs up what everyone sais about the stock tune being smarter then people give it credit for. I remember doug mentioning something like this to me, so i'm sure he compensated for that when he tuned mine but still very interesting.

Also the data around backpressure ratio's was pretty interesting too like how the stock turbo has a 2:1 ratio at 16psi (stock).
    I wonder what mine is with the 6266 and a .82 back housing hehe

38. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Well Jeff is using aem ems and with individual egt and afr if I'm not mistaken you can individually tune each cylinder/injector. I'm however on a stock ecu, until I make the jump to syvecs or motec m1. Depending on each tuners style determines where those limits are met. On e85 you see a very little decrease in power and torque when running it more on the fat side. My car isn't "lean" by any means, but some tuners will lean it out no matter what thinking thats the only way to make power. Neither here nor there, comes down to each tuners personal preference and style when calibrating.

39. Justin V

Justin V Member

Single digit MPGs FTW!

40. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

41. digitizedsoul

Let me know what the dyno figures are, i'd be interested.
    Between this and the Process West mani, I might be able to squeeze out more power at the same boost in my setup not increasing cylinder pressure at all on my open deck (or semi closed deck really)

42. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

:sx::sx::sx: that's what I'm hoping

43. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

[​IMG]

It'll be finished up in the morning

Added another wastegate spring too

44. digitizedsoul

Do you need that pan to use that mani?

45. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Works with 2.5 pan and all aftermarket pans

46. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

47. digitizedsoul

lol that poor onramp has seen so much abuse.

sounds pretty wicked bro! I want a ride.

Also I can see now how you broke a shift fork at the 1/2 mile last year LOL
    I do not shift my car that hard heh

48. digitizedsoul

Also what was the outcome on the killer B header? Any gains?

49. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Yes it made 700 at 32psi... hold header made 700 at 36.5psi

50. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

[​IMG]

Current wastegate 23.7
    Old graph 24.5psi