Weird car chase on I75...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Mar 11, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

So there I am going to Tifton, GA (we have a factory there) Thursday morning. Going a few mph over the limit, behind an older Accord. Go past a K9 unit sitting on the side of the road. Cop pulls out, gets behind the Accord, flips lights on. The Accord just keeps going... changing lanes now and then, staying around the speed limit. Ignores the cop.

10 minutes later (and us getting tired of this shit as we have a long drive) a state trooper blows past on the shoulder. A minute later, an unmarked Crown Vic shows up as well. They start boxing the Accord in, and for a minute it looks like they'll be successful. Then the guy in the Accord whips it off the shoulder and into the grass, and manages to get around the cops. Then, finally he speeds up.

At this point there's a good 25-30 cars queued up watching this. When the Accord and cops take off going 100-110, everybody else nails it and try to keep up to see what's going on. So we have bad guy in Accord, three cop cars, and then 30 regular cars all running 100+ down I75.

They kept speeding up, however, and we lost sight. 10-15 mins later, we see 15 cop cars, and the Accord in a ditch. I guess they were successful after all.

I looked in the news this morning, but didn't see mention of it... it seems like they were waiting for the guy as he wasn't speeding and the K9 car whipped out after him as soon as he passed by. Weird.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Was it green? If it was green, that is supposed to be the car that the guy who shot up the fultun county court house stole from a AJC reporter!?

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Nah, white.. and this was Thursday, the shooting was this morning.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ah, well serves me right for now looking at the post date.