Western's '13 WRX STi "Sammie"

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Western, Nov 15, 2013.

1. BLACKWGOLDWRX

BLACKWGOLDWRX Member

Love the blue

2. Western

Western Supporting Member

Thanks!

3. Western

I got another mod to add to the current pile of the Anti-Lift Kit and Endlinks: Color-Changing LED Turn Signals for the front. They're white as parking/running lights and then change to amber when you turn on the turn signals or hazards. Hopefully I'll get those installed this week.

Now that I have most of the major suspension components, I think I'm going to turn my attention to the inside and a few things on the outside:
    -Full LED interior
    -JPM Goodies
    -SMY Alcantara Cluster Hood Dual Gauge Pod with STi Logo
    -JDM Armrest Extension
    -Pioneer AppRadio 4
    And Later:
    -Prova D-Shaped Alcantara Steering Wheel.

4. Western

I got the 30K service done a few days ago. While I was at AllPro, I had them install anti-lift kit and my end links while they were at it. Man, it's a completely different car! I love it. All the rattling doesn't bother me because I've had nothing but stiff riding cars. If you're used to smooth-ish and your STi is your daily, I definitely don't recommend this mod.

Next, I found a killer deal on one of these that I just couldn't pass up.
    [​IMG]

I selected the Stage 1 93 Oct. Map, and it's been great. I haven't ragged on it toooo much :D. It should have come stock like that. Stupid CA and their emissions :p

Lastly, I bought front LED switchback turn signals, and had a hell of a time getting them in because I ended up dropping one in the headlight bucket :/ Anyway... Here they are:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, with my clear projectors, they don't match up in color with my headlights. I'll look into finding some that do, but I don't know how much variation is out there with a product like that.

Another picture:
    [​IMG]

Definitely a fun couple of weeks with my car. I'm looking forward to spring mountain runs even more!

Thanks for checking out my Touge-spec build, as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Western

She'll be back at AllPro on Tuesday for a certain mod that is way past due! Pictures to come!

6. Western

And the wheels are on! It turned out EXACTLY how I thought/wanted it to look. Now I just have to complete the look with coilovers and finish the lip all the way around (Sides and Rear)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Western

Finally fixed the first post and brought the mod list up to date. Not much is new right now due to work and trying to learn how to maintain the new house. The stuff in the garage should go on sometime soon, as well as new pads and rotors all around.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  8. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Congrats man!!! Glad to see it all coming together

9. Western

Thanks! I feel like she's already come a good distance from stock. Still soo much I want to do!

10. Western

Its been a while since I updated this thread, so here's a few changes since the last time.

The Mods continue to pile up in my garage. They include:
    Invidia Catted Downpipe
    Cobb Heat Shield
    Turbo Blanket
    Galvez Customs Canards
    JDM Third Brake Light
    GT-Spec D-Shaped Steering Wheel
    WRB Painted to match Roof Spoiler
    CF Rear Bumper Spats
    Process West Cold Air Intake
    Hawk HP+ Pads
    DBA Rotors
    Rally Armor Mudflaps.

And a Daily Happened:
    01 Honda Prelude. 1 Owner. 146K Miles. 5 Speed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  11. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Nice purchase and find on the prelude

12. Western

Thanks! Its a really fun little car and should be a great daily for me. I have a few mods planned for it like wheels, tint, some decent speakers and a head unit, but other than that nothing. I'm hosting an install day next Saturday at my house, so stay tuned for updates from that!

13. Western

Sorry it's again been so long since I updated this! I got an Invidia SS N1 Exhaust, Invidia catted DP, and GT Spec steering wheel installed! Getting a Tune on Wednesday, but till then I am on the AP Stage 2 OTS 93 Map.

14. Western

Here's some pictures from my recent mods. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And from a while back: [​IMG]

15. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Any suspension work done?
    I will need to tires soon and am trying to figure out what to put on my 18x9.5 +38

16. Western

Like I told you at the meet, I don't have coilovers yet. I will.... But not yet. AOS, Coilovers, and other things that are still in my garage are next.

17. Western

Trying to stay active here. A couple of new things to report. 1: Sammie is in the shop getting some repairs done. I'm not going to go into much detail, but she's at PC of Alpharetta. I should have her back in a couple of weeks, and I absolutely can't wait. I
    2: I recently upgraded my daily driver to a 15 Forester XT because I found myself needing a lot more space than my Prelude offered. So here she is! I haven't quite nailed down a name yet, but I have ordered my first mod :D

Drowland87 likes this.
  18. Western

[​IMG][​IMG]

Drowland87 likes this.
  19. Western

Update! Sammie has gotten new wheels and coils.[​IMG]
    Work Emotion TR7's with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's

[​IMG]
    RCE Tarmac-2's. She is ready for TougeFest 2016!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  20. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Aren't those T7R's?

21. Western

Yeah. I have no idea where I got the other number

22. Western

Quite a pile of parts are in the garage and ready to go on Sammie. They include:
    -COBB Intake
    -ETS TMIC
    -Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS
    -DBA T5 5000 two-piece Front Rotors
    -DBA T2 Rear Rotors
    -Whiteline Roll Center Kit
    -Whiteline Toe Correction Kit
    -ARP Extended Studs(to replace my current set)
    -Muteki Black Lugs
    -Stoptech Street Front Pads
    -Stoptech Street Rear Pads

Hopefully finding time very soon to get these installed and get my tune adjusted. In the mean time, my wife is due any day now with our baby girl!

23. Western

To update this thread or not to update this thread?