What a crappy end to 2009.

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Kokopelli, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Micheal Killackey.

Um the judge can throw him in jail if he so pleases after the fact. It all boils down to whatever happened but I agree that it's unlikely. However it's very unlike Mike to take this long to answer back.

2. Protocol

Protocol Member

It would have helped if I had asked for the county of event also ; )

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think either Fulton or Cobb

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have a nagging feeling this is a joke and Rick is in on it.......

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i looked him up in cobb county and he wasn't locked up there. you guys got me worried now.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If it's a joke I get it but end it now.....I am worried. Mike is a cool dude and this would SUCK.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

you could start calling the jails around.

8. Protocol

Protocol Member

No records... but the "person" is going to check the "to be filed" section to see if it is in there. Sounds interesting though!

9. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Its not to late to make a "Free Kokopelli" t-shirt

10. Protocol

Protocol Member

No need. I have a friend who works for the GBI.

If he can't find it, then it didn't happen. (Of course their shiz is broken at the moment, so searching is a little crippled I was told).

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I was trying to search yesterday and it was busted....

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

I saw Mike Monday to get your syms winged trunk and talked to him on Tues. I have not heard from him since. Unfortunately I don't have a home # only his cell.
    I am/was supposed to go to his house after work today to finish stripping your old car so one way or another I will have an answer by 5pm.

13. jt money

done. lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  14. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

AWESOME :bowdown:

15. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

1 in XL please

16. techlord

techlord Active Member

Dammit you owe me a new monitor AND keyboard! Diet coke and a chicken sandwich all over my shit. Oh I want a T-shirt too!

Those who know him probably know that his phone and text are average at best, mostly inoperable, and he isn't the best at returning phone calls. I would sink all my bets that it has something to do with Soccer! He and his entire family are really into it.

The T-shirt is the best tho...Nice to see you posting again JT...now light up the eye candy section again!

17. tolnep

tolnep Member

just get him to give you his NCIC uid and pw and post it....

18. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

19. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ uh oh.... that doesn't sound real good...

20. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

"Hi,

I am Mike's wife and I am using his sign on because he always leaves it signed on and this seems like the right place to ask a question about a Subaru

How bad is it to tow a Subaru by the front wheels? The reason I ask is his car got towed away this morning and they didn't use one of those trucks where the car sits on top of it. It didn't sound good when they were pulling away. He spent a lot of money on a PPG transmission in the car and I am afraid that it may now be broken. I have a feeling he is going to be really pissed when he gets back home.

Thanks
    Laura"

If you didnt want to go there.

21. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

That's not good.

22. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

I've been calling him on his cell and he usually calls back pretty quick...did he get locked up? Rick?

23. jt money

sounds like mike is getting the shaft with out the Vaseline that was posted earlier. ugh and they F'd his car towing it. is there any way to get in touch with his wife and find out if there is a bail. i would be willing to sell these shirts and donate 100% towards helping him get out. if interest is high enough on buying them.

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

wow his really sucks..

25. Matt

his WHAT really sucks?

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

oh nice. i miss a 't'

27. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

[​IMG]

I'll take one.

28. techlord

techlord Active Member

WTFF!!!
    Umm, god 3:30 can't get here quick enough...That PPG was going in the fucking racecar!
    And if he went to jail what fucking reason would they have for coming to pick up his car from his house...REALLY, if that tranny has any issues someone's going to eat a 40cal from my G22!
    I really can't think straight right now....oh well, watch your ass Koko...literally.

29. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I don't know Mike very well, but I'm genuinely worried about this.

And what happens when a tow truck driver's ignorance blows up a transmission? It's all-wheel drive, and says so on the car. I'm really hoping this is a "you break it you buy it" situation.

Also hoping that everything works out well for Mike, but I can't imagine why he would've been put in jail for what happened.

30. tolnep

tolnep Member

a guess.. the would have impounded his car that night but didnt, so they just did..

Here is the GA code that he was charged with. Note that no mandatory min for imprisonment or fine.. said this before.. depending on his lawyer he could have gotten off light.

what county/city was he chareged in?

Racing on Highway(8): Misdemeanor §40-6-186(b) & (c)

Sanctions:

Criminal Sanction:

Imprisonment (Term): Not more than 12 months §17-10-3(a)(1)

Mandatory Minimum Term

of Imprisonment: None

Fine ($ Range): Not more than $1,000 §17-10-3(a)(1)

Mandatory Minimum Fine: None

Administrative Licensing Action:

Licensing Authorized and

Type of Action: Suspension §§40-5-54(a)(4) & 40-6-186(c) Suspension via the Point System6 §40-5-57

Length of Term of

Licensing Withdrawal: 12 months §40-6-186(c) Via the Point System 1 to 5 years depending on the number of points that have been accumulated. §40-5-57(d)

Other Criminal Actions Related to Speeding:

Racing on Highway: (continued)

Mandatory Action--Minimum

Length of License

Withdrawal: None(9) If via the Point System-2 years upon reaching the requisite point assessment for the third time within 5 years7 §40-5-57(d)(3)

Other: A driver may be required to attend a driver improvement course.5 §40-5-57(c)(1)(C)

31. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

The towing company pays for it.

32. Protocol

Protocol Member

That's shitty indeed... I don't think Mighty Putty is going to resolve that either...

33. Matt

in theory

34. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

In reality.

I'm on the HOA board at our community (wtf were they thinking electing me VP) and I'm in charge of towing (which is why none of you have ever gotten stickered when you come to my house). The first question I asked when interviewing possible tow companies was that because I knew the damage it could do. They said all two companies are held reliable, even if they didn't directly cause the damage. If they tow any car that's AWD by two wheels and something is wrong w/ the drivetrain, they're liable.

Not sure what company the city uses, but hopefully this still holds true.

35. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Hahahahaaa. Who would put you in charge of anything?

And thanks for not towing my car lulz

36. b reel

b reel Active Member

towing companies aren't responsible for damages in these matters. Sorry Rick hope they used a roll back

37. Matt

well that's good at least. I remember a couple years ago seeing stickers on tow trucks stating any drivetrain damage was not the responsibility of the driver or the towing company.

38. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

uhh, yes they are. as long as the AWD sticker is in plain view.

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Screw the Tshirts.....what's the bail set at?

40. Matt

I told you yesterday...

41. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You told him what the bail was set @ yesterday?

42. tolnep

tolnep Member

never heard of bail being set after the trial..

hows that work?

43. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:eek:hnoes:

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You made it up.

45. tolnep

tolnep Member

had to based on whats been posted here.

original 'arrest' which didnt happen.. he got a ticket was back in 2009. he went to court a day or two ago.

he either got found 'not guilty' or 'guilty' or pled nolo.. resulting in no punishment or some punishment which might have been a fine, but according to law could not exceed 1000.

18k bail would be excessive even for a hit and run dui. for street racing with no injuries or attempt to allude..

either there's more to this than has come out.. which could be possible, him being out-of-pocket for 24 hours and having his car towed indicates the law was a bit more hard on him that it would have been for racing...

interesting story .. waiting for the details.. what city/county?

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You don't know Mike.....he's a straight shooter and not the kind to bluff or lie about anything.

It's probably Fulton or Cobb county.

47. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Mike's a good guy, but he is known to play jokes, think of Kokopelli's first appearances on this board :rofl:

I hope this is just a early April Fool's joke, although from the Nasioc post its hard to believe it is.

48. techlord

techlord Active Member

Well that didn't go as planned.
    Laura and the kids were loading up for tennis practice, so I did not ask anything related to the *street racing* incident.
    She said he can fill me in on what all went on with car and he gets home Tuesday.

like I said not the way I planned this conversation going.

49. b reel

b reel Active Member

depends, they could have added charges and or revoke first bond. Depends what the plea agreement and attitude Mike had.

50. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

never met mike but from what ive heard hes a great guy. hope he isnt dodging viennas in the slammer...waiting for updates