What a crappy end to 2009.

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Kokopelli, Jan 1, 2010.

1. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

wtf. really hope he is not in jail!

2. Wow, ok.... where have I been. I dont check up on the boards for 3 days and all this goes down WTF!!! This is a messed up joke if it is one...

FYI, I use to work for a Wrecker Company in Canton, yes they are liable for the damages done to a car in tow or from roll back (some lowered cars or long front end cars like Vetts are impossible to put on a roll back without fucking up the front bumper) thats why they have insurance. ;) Most guys who run wreckers are pretty familiar on how to figure out if its FWD, RWD, AWD. For this exact reason is why I think this might be a prank.... If this was a SO (Sheriff Office) call to tow a vehicle they are required to list VIN, Make, Model, Color and any special identification. If a tow company saw a SO call come across with a Subaru, he would have went with a rollback and some dollies just in case the car was locked and in gear.

I am sure alot of you know Mike better than I, I have only talked to him over the phone and bought some parts from him, dude is a straight up guy. I dont think anything bad would have happened to him, and if it did they got something mixed up or the wrong guy, something...... All and all, I hope he is alright and dont worry Rick, if that tranny has one screwed up gear, blame it on them, lol....

3. Duplicate..... Delete please.....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Where's he at till Tuesday?

5. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Eh disagree. I had a tow company tow my old pickup truck. The tightened it down so tight it busted 2 shocks...they bought and payed for install of 2 new shocks.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You know what, Fuck Mike! We all know he is just a ricer street racer punk trapped in the body of a 40+ year old man. I say lock that bitch up and throw away the key. It is the best thing that can happen for the childrenz of Atlanta.

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

Lol, Jason. Yeah I hope mikes not in jail.

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

careful what you wish for, broseph. Might be happening right now, whether he likes it or not.

:(

9. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lets all go street racing so we can visit him..we could start a prison gang! it would be awesome

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

LOL at everyone with the misconception just because you go to jail you get butt raped. That shit only happens in prisons not in a few day stay in a county jail.

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you know a lot about butt raping

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

sorry but I don't think I know you?

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

this is the interwebz. everyone knoz everyone

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just another mod that doesnt own a subaru or live around here anymore ;)

15. Weapon

actually we have met a couple of times big guy

:beer:

16. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

U met him at my engine swap.

17. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

You guys obviously never met, if you did you would know that Sparta is the most thugged out person on wrxatl he has been to jail and aint scurred to go back son!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  18. Matt

Kris still lives in Atlanta.

Lostinthewoods moved to Texas

19. Weapon

Well if i have to explain
    1) It was just a joke.
    2) We have met.
    3) I live in Atlanta.
    4) I have never been to jail.
    5) I will never go to jail.
    6) I am not "thug".

20. tolnep

tolnep Member

there are worse things than jail..

he's lucky he didnt get 'gulag'..

[​IMG]

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yore sarcasm meter. it's broken

22. Matt

:unamused:

23. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Sparta is thugged out!!!! :slap:

So what's the word with Mike?

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:slap:

He'll be home Tuesday. You think he's gonna waste his time calling anyone other than his wife if he is in detention?

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well it's Tuesday so by end of the night tonight I would like to see some explanation as to WTF went on here.

I've thought about this and given that Mike kept his cool in court.....my lawyer friend and I just can not figure out how Mike could have gotten locked up unless there's more to this story or he got pegged with something totally bogus.

26. Matt

It was fulton county, I'd be willing to guess they tacked on more charges last minute....possibly even a super speeder ticket. :unamused:

27. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

It is a little late for the shirt now but all I can say is wow. Well done jt :bowdown:

As some have guessed things did not go well in court and have gone even worse since. I knew it was going to go badly as soon as I was told by my lawyer that the judge had lost a nephew in a street racing incident. He tried to get it assigned to another judge but couldn't.

I was found guilty and given the option of 6 months of community service on weekends or spending 7 days in jail. I opted for the 7 days. No way was I going to spend every weekend this summer picking up trash along the roads in a bright orange jumpsuit.

Now for the worse part. My transmission is fubard becasue they towed my car off and didn't use a flatbed. They towed the car because I didn't pay the fine in time even though there was no way I could. I was already locked up and I had no way of reaching Laura to have her pay the fine. When they impounded the car they also discovered that the car was missing some emissions related pieces and decided to tack on more fines.

I am also sure my insurance company will either jack my rates through the roof or drop me. So with the mountain of fines and damage to my car I have decided the best course of action is to return to stock. I am tired of things breaking and the cost of repairing. What I have spent on this car doesn't make sense. Once I get the car and my rv sold I will probably pick up a used 335i or e55 amg. I need a nice quiet ride with plenty of power and a little class.

The process starts Friday after work and anyone that wants to come by and lend a hand or just hangout is welcome. I have a new grill that I put together last week and have not had a chance to use so I am dying to put it to work. I will be drinking sweet tea vodka but what you drink is up to you so bring your own. I'll provide the burgers and dogs.

cheers
    Mike

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  28. heathbar

heathbar Member

Dang... Sorry to hear all that. :thumbsdow

29. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Sorry to hear that Mike. I'll come by and help Friday

30. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Dang Mike..... Sorry to hear about this.
    I was really hoping it was just a prank you were pulling.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So sorry to hear Mike. Dang seems like since I switched many others have followed suit.

Also man I hope you know that if I was closer I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you out. You have absolutely no idea how much I thought about you and was praying that you would be fine.....the fines and all suck but at least you are ok. It was the 'unknowns' and hearing nothing that had me freaking out....ask Rick...I was concerned.

Take care buddy.

Delette

32. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Sorry Mike...I was bored at work this morning...welcome back.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  33. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I had quite a few texts and voicemails from concerned people wishing me well while I was gone. It is nice to see that wrxatl is more than just a message board.

Delette I wished I live closer to you. Being so far from the oceans sucks.

pEd bring the wife and kid by on Friday if she is up for getting out of the house. I promise not to put you to work. You can be a supervisor.

34. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

wow the way this was playing out i just thought it was another one of your elaborate april fools jokes. sorry to hear about your troubles. if i lived closer you know i would be all over coming by to help out. glad your out and safe.

35. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Will the tow company pay for the damages?

and welcome back.

36. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have a couple of center diffs and various other transmission parts. I am going to open it up and see what needs to be fixed. Fighting a tow truck company may turn out to not be worth the hassle. I just want this put behind me.

37. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I wish I could come by, I have more family coming in though... I'm ready for the "family introduction part" to be done and over with. :unamused:

38. 07Ltd#767

This has been one of my 'wish' cars since I first started driving...this is shitty man, I'll be over Friday to help out as well, may be bringing by some of my stuff to return to stock as well. Sorry to hear how this turned out, just downright shitty...

Post up a new thread with required stock parts if you need any - if I have any spare bits laying around I'll throw them in the car and bring them over

39. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll try to swing by on friday to help out since I havent seen you in a while. Sucks how it all worked out for you, sometimes you just cant win, but at least you'll be out of an 8yr old turbocharged econobox.

40. ballistic

ballistic Member

damn that sucks mike. I'll try to come by on Friday and help out, glad to hear you're ok though

41. Jake

Jake Active Member

That's the stupidest fucking bullshit ever mike. Couldn't have happened to a more stand up guy. If I was up there still, I would definitely be over lending a hand. Sorry it took something so stupid to make you turn a new leaf (for the better/upgrading to the German car), but we all know you're not going anywhere. Best of luck mike.

42. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That does suck to hear Mike. I would come over and help out but I am going out of town Friday.

43. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

so you did 7 days?

44. Matt

looks like they let him out early for good behavior.

45. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Not good behaviour but out 1 day early none the less. 7 sentenced 6 served.

My lawyer assured me I'd get out early due to over crowding and the fact that my crime was non violent. I was gambling that I would have done even less and that was another reason I took the 7 days of jail time over the 6 months of community service.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That entire experience in general had to have sucked. I'd go nuts being locked up.

47. 07Ltd#767

sounds like you need to fire your lawyer

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Agreed.

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just don't understand the (*#@$)(%&* charge. You weren't moving. You revved at him. Noise violation here in myrtle beach (yes I explained the EXACT situation with a MB cop I know and he said if the car wasn't moving or didn't accelerate with 'exhibition of speed' then that is a noise violation). So Mike were you truly sitting still at a light and revved only?

Such BS....but it's too late now.

50. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Man Mike, that really bites. I was really hoping it was a joke as well. I will see if we can make it by. When are you planning to start things up?