When Im not in an Ambulance or offshore...

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by emstraumajunke, Mar 3, 2010.

1. As most here know I used to own a Black 03 wrx with a little of this and a little of that. The Old Wrx Well even though I loved that car I always wanted an Sti so bad I spent a good bit of money trying to convert my Wrx into one, needless to say fund was low so it never fully happened. Well I start school 3rd gear went out in the wrx and I had to do what I never thought I would do and sell her, So now Im happy to say I got what I want isn't the color I wanted but its the car.

Behold my new project a 2005 Sti
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right now as it sit the only things done are:
    FPGreen TXs up-pipe, TXs tubo back system, K&N, Power 850s, Walboro, ecutek, Boost and oil temp gauge.

Future Plans are:
    Suspension goodies (trying to find a good package on everything)
    FMIC
    New Wheels
    Different rotors and pads
    A nice full line of gauges (EGT, Oil Temp / pressure, Water Temp, Boost, and a wideband) What them to match the dash.
    And I really miss my Access port from my wrx and liked the little features so I think once I can afford to have it done Im going to buy an accessport and have the ECUTek removed. But im sure that will be about a $1500-$2000 visit to Atlanta if not more.
    A nice front lip JDM fogs (Yes I know I have this thing with JDM parts)

Im sure there is more I want to add I'm just not 100% the above I know I want done and I would really like it all done now.

Hopefully when I get in from offshore I will be able to get a few things on the list knocked off, I also plan to drop her off at a friends body shop and get him to give the paint a nice recharge of course I will have to do a whole photoshoot after wards.

Feel free to give pointers, Its been awhile since I've played with cars.

2. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

congrats on the new STI!

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

welcome back to the family!

4. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Nice car it needs some gold bbs's ;)

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice!

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

looking great!

7. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Great to hear Ivan. Welcome back to the Suby family!

8. Thank you, Only down side to buying the car is now I have 2 expensive hobbies. But on the positive side I called the wife last night (who wasn't thrilled about me getting the car) while she was on her way home last night from work and the background just didnt sound right so I asked what she was driving She got real quite and just whispered your car. So I guess its a good thing shes driving it while im offshore cause that tells me deep dwon she really wanted the car as well.......Wait aminute did I just say it was a good thing my wife was driving my car while im gone.....Yea so I may be in the market for a new car when I get home or atleast some new wheels.

9. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Nice man!

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Congrats on the purchase, you've been looking for a while! Hopefully you've got a car that was ecuteked before they started locking ECUs to the ecutek software, thereby making it impossible to ever switch EM.

11. The previous owner had it tuned I guess 2 years ago give or take. After reading a few things the ones the ecutek locked you couldn't read the CEL with anything, when my CEL comes on I can go to any autoparts place and they pull it with no problems, which its always the o2 sensor i think its 0136 or 0139. So im guessing mine isn't locked out which is nice cause I want to go back to the AP here one day. Just scared to see the bill when I do that and not really in a rush cause the car runs good right now.

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

yes that car is screaming for some gold/bronze wheels

13. Well now its screaming for the HG to be fixed. So that is coming first along with the Turbo inlet, intake and 38mm EWG. Then hopefully I can sell the Silver bbs I have and throw on some gold wheels.

14. New Goodies

[​IMG]

Now I just got to figure out which springs are best for DD they came with 4-7k (purple ones) 2-6k (purple ones on coil overs) 2-450 2-650 (blue ones) and then the blues ones that are on the coilovers not sure about those. Also came with 2 pair of camber plates and those little springs( I cant remember what they are called) I have a lot to learn with suspension that I will not deny, but I got everything for a good price so I couldn't pass it up, considering I would of spent more on just a set of springs.

15. Congrats! That is a beautiful sight! ...suspension is one thing that my '05 really needed but never got... Are those JIC Magic...?.... (the purple might make it obvious to someone more clueful than me)