Whiteline steering rack bushing install fail horribly HELP.

Discussion in 'Meta' started by cr0m3kid, Jul 15, 2014.

1. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

Alright imma cut to the chase so i managed to basically break one of the welded nuts that hold one of the driver side bushing completely off now im stuck with a huge whole.

I'm guessing the whole bracket that the steering rack bolts on to will have to be removed breaking the factory welds then weld the nut back in place and then re weld the bracket back.

Now my question do you know of any good shops you can recommend that can weld and can fix this and how much would the repairs be?

And also would i be even able to drive my car carefully to a shop to get the repairs done with only one bushing on or should i just tow it.

Really any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Im going to try and post pics later today.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

Here are pics of the damage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

tow it to be safe. pretty much why i don't turn a wrench. other folks are some much better at it. good luck, it's nice upgrade when it's finished.

4. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

Yeah guess ill just tow it after i find a shop that can weld it back for me thanks btw.

5. Justin V

Justin V Member

might be easier... less trouble down the road to find a used subframe and just swap it over.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

Put it back together and limp to AllPro. I can't believe that happened.

7. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

Me neither super depressing where is Allpro located?

8. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

It's in Alpharetta

9. cr0m3kid

cr0m3kid Member

I was able to drive with just one bushing on i did just that they went ahead and put a new subframe in a few hours and called it a day thanks fellas.

This thread can be deleted*