Who here has a dual sport / dirt bike and WHERE are the trails at?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mattprzy, May 20, 2014.

1. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I just sold my R1 and picked up a 2014 Yamaha XT250. It's been lots of fun what little off roading I have managed to do. I'm looking for some trails to go explore, and I need some off roading buddies too! Preferably somewhere close to me which is North Gwinnett or South Hall, but I'm down for all suggestions.

Any of ya'll have dirt bikes or dual sports? If so let me see them :)

here is a pic of mine.
    [​IMG]

2. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

bumpity bump. did i post this in the wrong section or i guess nobody has a dirt bike or dual sport? I learned of a place to take the bike, Highland Park in Cedartown.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

4. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Oh man thanks so much for that website!!

5. nygiant

nygiant Member

nice xt
    pics of the r1?

6. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

[​IMG]
    I dont' have this one anymore.

7. nygiant

nygiant Member

broken pic?

EDIT: nevermind

gorgeous R1. why'd you trade?

8. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

After owning the r1 for 3 years, there came a point where I wasn't afraid to ride it. When I had it, I would speed all the time. After a few expensive tickets I decided that I'd better sell it before I start getting too stupid on it. Didn't want to try out running cops or dying on it.

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

all valid points. that thing is a missile on wheels.

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am in a similar situation with my R6. Want to get it running so I can put it up for sale.

I rode for 3 years and lost the fear last year. I would constantly find myself blasting to 120 mph between highway exits, and for some reason, I always felt invincible and invisible. Luckily only stopped once with expensive ticket, and I wasn't even doing anything the time I got stopped.

The bike is no longer worth the risk so time to sell.