Want to Buy Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Community Classifieds' started by 2Turboboxers, Oct 12, 2016.

1. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

So, I bought an Ebay special from someone off Facebook and paired it with my catless downpipe and got a tune. I now have an exhaust leak sound coming from under the turbo so I am 90% sure I have a leak in my flex section. (Will know for sure tomorrow when I have some time to get under and really get into it.) So, far I cannot find it with feel alone as it is so tight (and hot) under there. Short story long, I want to see what the community has before I go and order one. LMK, Thanks.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

what type of gasket did you use? Cheap fiber gaskets usually fail quickly so that may be the culprit or a combination of misaligned flanges.

3. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

Cheers man! You are actually 100%. Found time tonight to get under there a bit and drop the heat shield. It is def the shit gasket I got with the uppipe. Now the question is do I use the OEM gasket or what?

4. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

To be clear I used a stock up to turbo gasket on install but now I am not sure what header to up I should use.

5. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

OEM is a 3-layer MLS with a crush ring and the GS is a 5-layer MLS. Get all your bolts started on both ends before tightening

7. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

Thanks bro, how ya been?

I ordered the manifold to uppipe one. I want to say that my UP is larger than stock so I am going to test fit it, if it will not work I am going to order a different pipe altogether and take it as a lesson learned.

8. resynch

Doing pretty good. I have my old FXT cat less uppipe sitting in my garage that I would sell to you for cheap. It just needs to have the heat shield either re welded or removed. No different then having a STI up pipe.

9. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

Awesome, that will work for sure. I will let you know as soon as I get in there and see if I can replace just the gasket.

10. resynch

Good luck man. At least the weather is nice, I decided to do mine in the middle of summer sweating bullets.

2Turboboxers likes this.
  11. 2Turboboxers

2Turboboxers New Member

Ok, so I ordered the gasket and threw it on Friday night. Drove to Macon and back on Saturday. Looks like that got it. The sound seemed to be coming from higher up than the flange when listening from the top of the engine. Big thank Alex!