Wrench Time / Day

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by digitizedsoul, Sep 28, 2013.

1. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

It's saturday, Fall is starting, My car is MIA, Garage is empty.

If anyone has been putting off a wrenching project, part install or whatever feel free to stop by. I have plenty of tools and plenty of time today.

3090 Wyntree Dr in Norcross

Let me know if you are coming (678-628-4033)

2. digitizedsoul

well at least I got to clean the garage.

maybe next time i'll go with "free beer" instead of "free tools / jacks / garage / etc"

3. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

:naughty:

4. bullyhatch

bullyhatch Member

Wish I had seen this earlier. I had some front sway bars and a aos to install.

5. digitizedsoul

garage is still open!

6. bullyhatch

bullyhatch Member

I would love to go right now but it's Saturday night and I've already have plans with the wife :/

7. digitizedsoul

haha no problem man, i'll probably have another open invite next weekend.
    since I stopped drinking / smoking I found all this random extra time.... strange

8. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

If the invites continue I'll bring beer on my Saturdays off and if you got internet I'll bring laptop with Subaru access.

9. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

what are the prices?.. i just bought some brembos and front/rear sways and endlinks. and coil overs... i was gonna try to learn to do it myself. the coils shouldnt be to hard,, but this brembo conversion might give me a hassel on the rears. and also i live 90miles south of atl:(

10. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

i could definitely bring beer if i start making my way up there on the weekend.. my motor is built now and trans is done. so evything else im starting to do should be easy stuff i hope.. besides the flares:/

11. digitizedsoul

I don't charge to use my garage lol, I just like the company, like learning by doing, and can appreciate the value in someone providing a place and an extra pair of hands to do something.
    I come from the back woods of western NC where "Hey man, tractor broke? Let's fix that thing!" was a common thing. People helped people. What can I say, it stuck.

12. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

i'm looking to install a crank pulley and front pipe in the near future if the offers still good.

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Crank pulley is a 15 minute job....just make sure you have someone to hold down the brakes and a 4 foot cheater bar. Front ipe is pretty simple as well assuming you are talking about the front xover pipe.

14. digitizedsoul

Guys just spoke to the wife, she'll be pretty busy this Saturday so anyone is welcome to come by and use the garage, i'll help out in any way.

Just wanted to clarify though, I don't have a lift, this is my personal house garage, so if you don't mind working on jack stands / etc then come on.

I also don't have any of my air tools here yet, they are still at my pops house in NC so we will have to make do without them.

Bring all the beer that you want, but i'm still on my 30 day sobriety challenge with my buddy, so you'll be drinking it all by yourself LOL

15. digitizedsoul

My number and address is in the OP.
    If anyone plans on coming out, give me a text or call first as I doubt i'll be checking this thread moving forward, but still want to leave the invitation open to nice folks in need.

looking forward to getting my hands dirty.

16. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

I would like to tag along and watch the crank pulley install. maybe i will decide which one i want by then :rofl:

17. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

It wasn't shipped until today, so I won't be able to make it this weekend. That said, I have a FR-S/86, not a WRX; I just go to the same bi-weekly meets.

18. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

He does as well. you were parked next to each other at the second Twin Peaks meet. :)

19. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

Aw shit, I was looking at his pic, not his ride.

I got an agency power one for cheap, but it looks like its the older one since it spells out Agency Power, rather than having the AP logo. I feel like it just comes down to looks and $$$. I only jumped on this cause it was $50. I'd rather not pay $100 for some CNC'd aluminum.

20. digitizedsoul

no problem guys, my buddy needs me to help him load his moving truck saturday anyway so that would eat up a chunk of time.
    I'll open a new thread for next weekend, or whenever the next one I'll be around is.

Seems like there are quite a few people in duluth / lawrencville / norcross so i'm really strategic (PIB / Medlock)