WRXatlanta Challenge Presented by WRXatlanta.com and The Atlanta Region of the SCCA

Discussion in 'Auto-X Solo I/II, Drag, Track, Rally' started by miloman, Mar 15, 2006.

?

Should we enforce the use of WRXatlanta AutoX numbers for eligibility?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wow, three of us in STU :keke:

If you are under 18, you need to get a waiver filled out. Pick it up from here, http://www.scca.org/Inside/Index.asp?IdS=001033-9C34740&x=080|025&~= .

2. Trey

Trey Active Member

Is that 5 people in each class or 5 WRX ATL people in all the classes combined?

Right now there are only 3 drivers in STU. Do I have to move to another class to be a contender??

Thanks!

3. 19es

19es New Member

I'm Atlanta Region's Novice Chief (one of those Team Solo guys she mentioned), so I figured I'd help get new folks interested in the WRX Challenge pointed the right direction.

It sounds like the WRX Challenge won't count points for anyone in the Novice class (probably due to trying to figure out what the proper index would be), so while we do offer Novice as a class, I'm guessing most of the WRX Challenge people won't want to run that class.

However, any driver from any class with any level of experience can sit in on the Novice Driver's Meeting, and I highly recommend anyone who hasn't run with our region before do so-- it's usually about fifteen minutes, and covers basic safety and corner-working issues.

The Atlanta SCCA Novice program also includes a course-walk led by one of our veterans as an instructor. We limit the number of Novice class entrants to try to keep this course walk to a useful size, so I can't guarantee that if there's a bunch of new WRX folks who aren't running in Novice we can fit you in. However, if there's enough of you, it shouldn't be too tough to find a second instructor to volunteer their services. Check with the Novice Steward (he's the guy with the clipboard near registration asking folks if they've registered as a Novice; probably me) if you're interested in this and we'll sort that out.

Any of the SCCA veterans here interested in volunteering to instruct a "WRX Challenge Novice" course walk? :) I'm guessing this would only be necessary the first couple events. Throw me a PM over at the soloatlanta forum if you're interested.

-J.D. Forinash

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

At least 5 WRXatl people TOTAL in all classes combined in order to be eligible for prizes... you don't need to change your class

5. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

You lucky dogs ;)

6. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

Please keep in mind that the minor waivers need to be printed in color. Why the lawyers require this, I have no idea, but it can only be accepted in color...

7. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

Thanks for stopping in J.D.

-Joel

8. Alex

Excellent, Trey, you and I are good to go :bigthumb:

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

Sweet! :D I was too lazy to swap tires anyway. :p

10. javid

javid Member

Yeah, folks. I won't be able to do a full atl autoX campeign this year but I am definetly interested in running with you guys and DOMINATING the SM class.

Javid
    ~05 champion of champions Novice Class winner, that never got a trophy :(.

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

Big talk, Mark Osgood will wax your ass. ;)

12. Alex

haha :keke: see you sunday.

this will be my first time out there, so we'll see what happens :sx:

13. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

hey, put me in this challenge please!

see you on Sunday

14. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Looks like it might rain on Sunday, so those without dedicated Auto-x tires might not be at such a big disadvantage...

15. Trey

Trey Active Member

Which Pirelli's you runnin?

16. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i dont think alex will have his pirelli's on by sunday, i bet he will have a fun time sliding around on bald 070's

17. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

ill hopefully be there too in STX

18. Trey

Trey Active Member

I'll be right there with him then. :p

Which ones is he getting? I'm looking at getting new tires too.

19. Alex

yeah, looks like Ill be running on the bald re070's until next week ish. I have some p zero nero m&s' in the garage waiting to go on :bigthumb: They look great and all the reviews I read, people loved them. I thought since I am buying some dedicated track wheels, might as well get dedicated track tires as well. Which meant I could get some all seaons for daily driving. BUt,I might as well get one more event out of the re's before I retire them :eek:

20. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

ya gonna paint them pink? :naughty:

21. Alex

I much perfer purple myself.

If it is raining real hard Sunday I wont take the car, I do not want to risk driving it over. If Alex still has the trailer from the legacy, Ill consider trailing it.

22. Trey

Trey Active Member

Just take your car to Discount Tires and they will mount them for you for like $50.

23. Alex

True, my dads been using this place in smyrna thats real cheap. I may go check them out, theyve done great work with his car.

24. Alex

I would like to point out that I think the poll isnt open ended enough. Iw ould prefer we all had the numbers, but some people do not want to buy them, which I can understand. However, as we said before, you just need to PM one of us.

25. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I would prefer that the official magnets are not required, as they won't work on my crx, as 1/2 of the door is plastic and the magnet won't adhere to it.

You could make the a more simple requirement that a WRXatl logo of some kind is required on cars running in the WRXatl thing, whether it is in the form of a normal wrxatl sticker, or a big magnetic number.

--
    Brian

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like that idea

27. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I put WRXatl in the car description or something like that, wrong place, I get no love this time :-(

28. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Well Trey had his times disallowed, so we really only have four people then.... hmmm

29. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

That's weak. You should be included. It's not like we're dealing with 200+ entrants. Call Heyward or let me know if I need to.

30. 1984

1984 Member

Why were Trey's times disallowed??

31. Alex

They should have still allowed it, sigh.

Yeah, why ?

32. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Apparently Trey figured out he had some on his car after the event that would have put him out of STU. Trey contacted Team Solo to have his times disallowed. I sure whatever it is, it most likely was really minor, but Trey's a classy guy :).

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I'll talk to Heyward and see if we can fix this

34. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

can you make me eligible please?

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

you are eligible... remember to put WRXatl in the car model

36. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Count me in, if you would. I'm signed up for the event on the 23rd.

37. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

this sounds fun but my car is not ready for it yet ..

38. Alex

Whatever do you need?

39. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

questions:
    when i did my 2 novice class runs, i was able to choose A.M. or P.M. I didn't get that choice this time registering as DS. did i miss something? i want to run P.M. do i have a choice?

40. Meredith

Meredith Banned

You don't need mods to autox, just some treadlife on your tires. My car has a FSB and an axle back.

No you don't have a choice when you run with your class. This year brian and i are in different run groups, so sometimes we will run in completely different sessions. If you want more seat time you can register for your class and then run Time Only. You have to work twice and you can only run Time Only in the afternoon. You can't run time only before your actually runs for your class.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  41. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

that's a total bummer. that means rich and i will never run at the same time? do they mix it up or am i always AM from now no?

42. Bruecksteve

Bruecksteve New Member

Hi, I'm also one of the guys from Team Solo and was reading your thread.

The run groups rotate every event. If you ran 2nd group last time, you'll run 1st group this time. Next event, group 1 would run in the 4th group.

All of this information and more is at http://www.soloatlanta.com

43. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Never mind, I figured it out....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  44. 1984

1984 Member

Wow. I just checked soloatlanta.com and only WJM, M-chan and I got classed under the WRXatl challenge at event #1. Where was everybody? Show up and support the challenge this comming Sunday the 23rd!

45. flip

flip Member

I'll be getting my membership asap (if it's not too late for the season) and want to participate in some sort of scca event. I really want to auto-x! :)

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

flip: added u to the list :)

47. thejackal

thejackal Member

Can I get in on this WRXATL competition? I missed the first points event, but can make it this weekend...

48. Alex

Sure, added you to the list.

49. thejackal

thejackal Member

Any suggestions about what I should run? I think I can prep the car for STU or SM.. Can I use 235/40 Toyo RA-1 in STU? What about my carbon hood -- or will I have to remove it for STU? How 'handycapped' will SM be? I read through the 2006 rules but I still get a bit confused on some mods...

Have:
    Turbo back exhaust w/ hi flow cat
    Vishnu Exede piggyback (which alters boost) - can be removed
    Cusco 02r coilovers
    Ferrodo break pads/ATE fuild
    Rear fender lips are bent inward (04sti has that aweful lip that rubs)
    17x8 enkei rpf1 w/ 235/40 Toyo ra1
    18x8.5 ssr comps w/ 245/35 Falken FK
    JDM Rear valences
    Seibon carbon hood - can be removed
    Debadged in rear
    Harness bar + 5point harnesses

If I remove the carbon hood and EM, I can make STU right? A little help from a more experienced rules person would be GRRRRRRRRRRREATTT!!!

50. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Do I need to do something else to get added to the list?