Wrxking Reborn

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by kingwrex, Jun 18, 2008.

1. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

what dou you guys think, im having some mixed feelings about the way it looks.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive never been a huge fan of the morettes but if those are projectors tucked away in there you could do an easy retro! I'd get the mesh covers for the fogs if you're going to stick with that hood. Oh, and clean your dash :)

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Clean the dash and get a grille. Then you're in business.

4. Alex

I fixed it for you:

[​IMG]

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

dude, get a grille, and paint the mess black on the grille and scoop!!

6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I love the hood... I would paint the mesh black on the scoop, I am not sure what to think about the head lights. But every one said the same thing about my retro fit.. So if you like it roll with it.

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah tell Anddies to get your grill painted! And I agree paint the mess Black!

I do like the headlights and the hood man!

8. kingwrex

the dash is dusty because the car had been in the body shop and they havnt cleaned it up yet. they still have to paint the grill, thats why its not on the car. i was already planning on painting the mesh in the scoop black aswell as the mesh going in the grill.

i bought the headlights used and just got new covers and had them painted. the headlights came with a xenon hid kit with 6000k bulbs.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

looking good King!!!

I'd take the mesh off the scoop all together, but that's just me :)

Oh, and try not to destroy this one! ;) :rofl:

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

in my opinion...paint the hood and hood scoop. I think that would flow better with the morrettes...but thats just my opinion

11. kingwrex

thats what i am thinking, but if if i am going to do that i just wasted alot of money for the carbon fiber hood

12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i like it the way it is - the no grille

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Fog light covers...or paint them yellow? Maybe paint the little beeper horn?

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Dude it looks good. Just needs a grill and take care of the mesh.

I think because the projectors are shiny, the foglights go with them.

15. kingwrex

i was thinking that the gog lights go well with the lights also. dont think ill cover them up

16. Matt

I'd paint part of the hood. From the headlights back on that line...I'll see if I can play with it and show you what I mean. :)

17. FACE

FACE Active Member

If you paint that carbon fiber hood I will kick you in the gonads :wavey:

18. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Carbon fiber eyelids on the morettes and a grill and it will bring it all together

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

We were talking about this last night. I like it actually as is. I'd actually just put the grille on paint the mesh is the hood scoop and be done with it

20. kingwrex

after i get the grill in and put the sti wheels on it ill take another pic and post it up and see how everyone likes it then

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

I am not a huge fan of the morettes either but agree paint it all to make it flow better. Unique is key here...I was not a fan of my prodrive wing but now love it!

Glad to have you back, well almost and PLEASE keep yo shit out of the bushes!

22. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm just not a big fan of bare carbon fiber

23. Alex

You can see the fogs through the mesh...I still believe that with mesh on the grill upper and fogs you will tie the front end together.

You could also consider the lower grill as well.

24. Matt

crappy PS job, but......

[​IMG]

25. socrates42

socrates42 Member

Just paint a portion of the hood. Follow the body lines, and leave the scoop and the area around it carbon. I think that would look really good and I like the morrettes

26. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Not a big fan of the Carbon fiber, I like the Morrette's though. I would paint the hood, scoop, an scoop mesh black and get a grill and it'll look pretty sweet. When I had my bugeye, I wanted to paint the hood, roof and trunk black and add Morette's.. decided on trading in and getting the STI instead....

27. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

The size of the hood scoop is enough of a statement the off set color has no symmetry, there is no flow, to me it's ricey, but I am old:bigthumb:. I say take the shot to the gonads from Face and then paint the carbon fiber hood, remove the mesh from the scoop. Get a Sti grill. The Morettas are bad ass so if someone talks you out of them I will take them off your hands. You could go with the STi fog covers as well. Keep it subtle and don't forget the roof vent!

28. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I think it would look cool with the roof painted black to go with the hood.

29. kingwrex

yea, i was thinking about painting the roof black and getting a carbon fiber trunk also

30. Matt

ricer!

31. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

paint your mesh black and get some kind of grill. then you should be set. did you have the hood clear coated befor you installed it?

32. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I think it would look good. But as a said in the other post go with what you like. :)

33. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

personally i like the cf hood but with a painted scoop. of course then you need a cf trunk also to really set it off. :bowdown:

34. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I like it looks mean as hell! When the BBS's go on there it will complete the car imo.

But just dont do anymore mad tyte jdm drifting!

35. Jake

Jake Active Member

I forgot about the sti wheels. I'm thinking maybe they need to get painted something other than silver. I think gold or bronze would balance the carbon fiber better than silver. But post pics first and we'll go stage by stage.

36. socrates42

socrates42 Member

you saw my roof, it could look cool on ther with the carbon, but put some paint on that hood somewhere, otherwise it just looks like every other honda

37. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

38. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

wow, that looks amazing!

39. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

get an evo!

lol

a grill to cover the internals would make it look cleaner. and paint the scoop grill blk.

then... get you an evo.

40. Matt

yeah, I told him to do that to the lights, but they came already painted. I also told him to swap the blue and black on the headlights. thought that would look sick :)

41. Jake

Jake Active Member

Yeah to be honest^ that is the only look I've really liked on the morette's. That looks really good. Makes it look like its snarling at you!

42. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

but with the Supertones painted black.
    the mesh on the fogs is a definite plus though, but then again, i am slightly biased.

43. Im gonna go ahead and ask a really stupid question.....what are the red/black circles behind the grille?

44. kingwrex

i like the fog light covers and the roof being black but im not so sure about the headlight covers being black.

45. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

in before OM NOM NOM NOM

46. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

FMSW. FRONT MOUNTED SUB WOOFER.

Actually, they're Hella Supertone horns.

47. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

hahaha...front mounted sub-woofers....that was a great story.

Suby Rue has some good Photochop skillz! Don't listen to anyone Steve, specially Matt. He just doesn't want any competition for the biggest ricer around these parts. Just do what Suby Rue did, it looks good.

+1 for Suby Rue..AAAAA++++ buyer, will do business again.....err...wait, this isn't ebay...oops

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Paint the middle of the Morrettes back to matte black....made my buddies car look VERY sharp.

[​IMG]

49. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ agree 100%.

Make sure you get a grill back in there too!!

50. Matt

I tried telling him that as well and he didn't go for it! That looks the best!

:)