x-games rally

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by knhtrdr, Aug 5, 2007.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Today on abc round 3:30 skateboarding vert on now then some RALLY action!

2. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Yep It's being Tivo'd :)

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Not on just yet in the last runs of vert..commin up in a few min.

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

it sucked balls IMO.. bad course design for the finish.

Still have no idea who won bronze... mcrae or pastrana?

5. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

6. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Bollocks. I had been watching nearly ever bloomin event at the xgames just waiting for this and then I miss it!

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It was really stupid... you didn't miss much. It seemed like they stuck it at the end of the time slot, and didn't have time to finish it. They didn't have any sort of medals ceremony, or even state who won bronze... they showed the end of the last race, and then a minute later, it moved on to the regular news.

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I bet pastrana got bronze b/c mcrae's car wasnt able to run the final heat

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah he rolled again, but Travis got a dq cause he went into Fousts lane at the end but Travis crossed finish line first. so If you get DQ how do you still medal? That first race.

10. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I thought the finish of the course could have been a little less demo-derby, but sensational crowd pleasing could the course designers motivation for the "X" games.

11. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I thought it was great entertainment. I would watch nascar if they had a wreck every race.

I thought the head to head elimination was cool, nice and compact. I also enjoyed seeing the drivers slide around on the asphalt with their mud tires.

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah it was fun wacthin them drift around that oval.:ddirty:

13. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

i thought it was pretty cool also. i liked the jump, when they went over each other.

14. savsuby

savsuby Member

I thought it was really cool.

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

this wasn't rally, it was a prosolo that started on dirt follwed by a demo derby! I really didn't understand the finish.... I don't know what sancationing body would approve that as a "safe" course.

16. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

The drifting around the roundabouts was the best part... Something about an STI in a full drift makes me happy...

17. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I wanted to see it but by the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't wait around. I had a great day reguardless.

18. kingwrex

IT WAS IN THE X GAMES, YOU KNOW, XTREME SPORTS. AND I DONT THINK IT WAS MEANT TO BE SANCTIONED. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINING WHICH IT WAS.

19. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Have you ever seen a stage rally were two competitors "turned" into each for the finish? FYI the Xgames it's self is a sanctioning body..... However if SCCA, NASA, or Rally America was involved I doubt you would see a finish like that. If find two cars crashing into each other and movable barriers is entertaining, that's demo derby not rally.

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

Anyone have a link???

I miss the rally every year (worth it this year Ms. Face).

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

www.expn.com has the full final run and the bits a pices of the semi heats.

22. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I believe it was associated with RallyAmerica because they ran it as a SuperSpecial Stage.
    There were certain spots given to those that had enough points during the regular rally stages.

While I don't agree with the way they set up the finish line, I think it was much more entertaining
    that way and worth the damage they proceeded to cause. I think there was only 1 privateer there,
    and he was out early with motor issues anyways.

23. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

sucks, he made it there and had problems. I always love rooting on the underdog!:sx:

24. cannarella

cannarella Member

Subaru FTW!
    Hyundai FTL

What about that hard hit the EVO took when the back end landed short on the jump? Ouch!!!

25. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The crazy thing was they had just put that car back together. they flipped it in practice borrowed parts from a stock evo to put it back together. and the suspension in the rear when they slammed was just blown to bits I wonder what set up they had runnin back there.

26. kingwrex

WHATEVER,
    IT WAS EXCITING TO WATCH AND THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE RALLY X ANYWAYS. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS THAT SUBARU GOT TONS OF EXPOSURE FROM THIS EVENT.

27. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

The EVO looked nose heavy on the jumps, and I wish I could have seen more of the run with the Hyundai Tiburon.

28. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Don't know if I'm watching a repeat, but Rally is on and its awesome... Cool to see the 08' in action, although Mcshae biffed it hard at the end when he shoulda won(front/rear)... I only watched 3 heats and they were all STI's.. awesome. Waiting for Pastrana to come on. Followed by Skateboarding which is my favorite X game event..

Side bar: I saw Dave Mirra was one of the rally racers.. isn't he a pro-bmx'er???

29. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Evo's can't jump.

30. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

31. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

32. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

This is not rally, its rallyx mirakhana style. When the co-driver can just sit there silent its not rally, i.e. Tanners co-driver. The first year they had rally it was really rally. Although it meant that none of the business owning skater/bikers could compete, because it takes real skill. It was mildly entertaining. I like the fact that they are trying to promote rally, but this gives people watching a false impression.

Evo's can jump, the driver just pussy foots it two years in a row. Watch Gigi one time in a real rally drive the evo.