Xan's Pre-swap Road Trip (halps)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by XanRules, Oct 9, 2008.

1. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Alright. So as most of you know, I'm getting a 97 WRX front clip at the end of November.
    However, I have to pick it up in New Jersey.
    Tentatively the plan is that we're flying to Pennsylvania, renting a truck, and hauling the clip back down here. However, it would be preferable to find someone here with a truck or some sort of trailer who is able to come with us (Myself, probably Dana, and possibly Russ) where we wouldn't have to spend all the money on airfare, diesel fuel, and a Uhaul truck.

If anyone is able to help with this in any way, be it trucks, hook-ups, east-coast hospitality, or money, please let me know.

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

why don't you just have them piece it out and ship it freight FFS

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

A few reasons.
    1. I won't have the time or patience to put it back together
    2. I now have an excuse to take a road trip
    3. Almost any way you slice it it's more expensive to freight it

4. OZrally

OZrally Member

Why did you not go with Jhot to import the front clip for you?

5. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

because Jhot wouldn't sell me a full front clip for the same price. Trust me.

6. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Look, kids, I've already done the research and found out that this is the most cost-effective way to do this. I'm just trying to see if anyone is able to help me out.

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

1. you're going to be putting shit back together anyway
    2. sounds like you're poor and an excuse for a road trip isn't a good idea
    3. its more expensive to freight 2-3 pallets than it is to fly a few people, rent a one way uhaul/trailer and pay for gas and food. HAHAHA :rofl::rofl:

8. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Why don't you rent a truck from Sandy Springs Toyota, a tacoma or tundra. Rent a trailor from U-Haul and do it. When I moved before i rent a tacoma from Toyota at $30 bucks a day, sure beats renting from Enterprise or something like that. -Joe

9. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I already have the airfare - frequent flier miles ;)

10. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

That's actually a good idea, I hadn't considered that. I'll definitely look into it, thanks :)

11. socrates42

socrates42 Member

i had no idea you could rent a truck from a toyota dealer