Year one Car show at Road Atlanta-pictures

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Demo24, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

First up i'd like to apologize for the lack of pictures. Theres a lack due to two things. a)it started to rain so I put my camera in my car b)I forgot my camera when I went some places:squint:

However I got some nice ones of the car show. Some VERY nice cars there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize for the huge pictures. I just don't feel like resizing them right now. So for the rest of them go here: http://savemyfile.net/myfiles.php?folder=Pictars

Now let me explain those above. The Porsche was VERY nice in real life. It had some fun at the 0-60-0 contest, spun them in secound:)

The Mustang is Chip Foose's mustang. The interior was awesome, but I didn't get a pic. Speaking of Chip Foose, he happened to be there! I stood literally right next to him. I could never think of anything to say to him so I didn't approach him. Thought about asking him for an autograph(he signed someones dash board) but he was kind of swamped so I left him be.

Now lets talk about the events as I saw them.

When I first got there I went down to the car show right away. Thus those pictures are from there and it's pretty self explaintory. Lots of old cars, and the random Tiburon and Pt Crusier:rolleyes:

After I left I was going to go hot lapping(Panoz) but there was a large line so i decided to wait until the afternoon, when it would be drier anyway. However I had dropped my camera off so when I managed to catch the shuttle to the autocross I had no camera. Speaking of the shuttle that guy was CRAZY! The autocross was all the way in the back and damn he hauled ASS getting there! Every time he'd hit a speed bump we'd kind of slide the rear. On the way back he was squealing around the corners.:keke:

The autocross was pretty cool and I look forward to tomorrow. I never had time to go back and get pictures though. When I go there, there were not a lot of people. Two guys in a black Saabaru and a Miata(i think it was supercharged) were battling it out. Then some more cars came out to play. A kid in a white STI(must have been only 16 or 17), went out and surprisingly set the leader board on his first try! Afterwards he would try to hard and understeer off the course. Then some Atlanta Falcons players came out with their cars. They didn't do so well cause they were so heavy and not agile enough for the course.(M5 and AMG something, 4 dr).

When I got back from lunch i went down to the pit area. This is where a few would try the 0-60-0 contest. Not sure how that went as I never walked over there, but i watched from the hill. I don't know what the car was(very small, kind of like a morgan but not..name is eluding me), but he was setting what looked like good times. His first gear got him up to around 50mph, and he was still spinning the tires!

However the main event seemed to be the parade laps. Thats where you pay 20 bucks and have a few goes around the track behind a Audi pace car. Had some interesting cars going down the track. Anything from old muscle cars, to a VW Beetle. The Beetle ironically did somewhat decent. It was hanging with the pace car while some Mustangs were several car lengths back:naughty:. Some guys went out in a Suburban! Chip foose went out as well. That black mustang..well coming down the straight all you hear is the supercharger.

However the best event was the hotlapping. This is where you pay 50 bucks and Panoz drivers will take you out in there car. You go out for 2 laps and it's the most fun I've had in a long time. I was doing this the whole time, :eek:hnoes:. First lap scared the crap outta me. I wasn't ready for that kind of speed! The brakes however impressed me the most. We'd be coming down to a corner at around 120mph and hit 50 in about a secound. Nothing like being slammed against your five point harness. Now that I think about it the acceleration wasn't really that amazing, but at the time I was awed. Was pretty fun when he went droofritooo in one of the back corners. I HIGHLY recommend you guys try this out. You may think your a good driver, but ride with these guys and you'l drive home in awe. I know I drove home a bit slower in shock.

So a break down of the best events.
    Panoz>Busdriver>autocross>car show

Hope you like my write up! Sorry it's so long.:wiggle:

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i really wanna do this... for some reason i thought it costed more than $50... but at $50 it is definitely worth it

3. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yep I wish I had gone now.

Thanks for doing the pictures. :bigthumb:

4. Demo24

Demo24 Member

interestingling, if you order online you can pretty much go as many times as you want. They give you back your ticket. They did it twice on Sat. Once you get your first spectator ticket you don't have to pay for it again.

Next year though I'm gonna get a participant ticket so i can autocross