yet again, another HID thread..

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by mokinbird87, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

this is good news for me. this further demonstrates that there can be a proper HID with a reflector housing, even if it wasnt meant to be HID. if you think about it, the ultimate goal of all the housings are exactly the same: emit light in a straight wide pattern and not blind others, wheather it be HIDs or Halogens. i still believe those SUV's with the headlights placed higher blinds you more significantly than our HIDs placed lower.

all in all, Nitro`s final product tells it all. :moon:

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Dude, you can't bend the laws of physics no matter how badly you want to. Go read that article I posted--in detail--and come up with a convincing argument as to just HOW you'd design a reflector that could perform well both on a standard filament bulb and on a HID bulb...

And Nitro's final products tells you that it looks good to your eyes. Actual visibility, I'd be willing to bet is inferior to stock. (If you think you can eyeball headlight performance, I suspect you could make a killing working for NHTSA.. they'd save a fortune not having to test stuff with machines. ;) )

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  3. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

I'm glad I have a couple'a bugeye buds. A newb like me needs a hand.

4. mokinbird87

dude, i`m getting this product because it HELPS me see. Have you even seen nitro`s headlights to be even saying that it`s bad? i am not saying that getting the projectors retrofitted is a waste of money, and yes i do believe that it will be better. But as far as saying negative comments about someone's product based on your theory or research without actually looking at them is stupid in my opinion. as i said, i really appreciate you watching over our members from making a mistake buying those stupid light bulbs and fake HIDs (you definitely saved me from making my mistake the first time), but nitro's kit is really not the case. it is FAR superior from my stock halogens (i even have the sylvannia's on'em), and in this case, they just seem to work better for MY eyes.

i dont know what they use as the standards to measure the effectiveness of lighting, but my eyes seem to receive more info from nitro's HIDs, and it`s fine if stock halogens work better for you, but both me and russell (strayen) were very impressed by the light output and the visibility from the HID kit.

and moose, i`m not trying to fight with you or anything, i`m just stating what i feel about the product, and i guess it upsets me that you`re making assumptions about it without actually having experiences with it.

you`re not mad at me right? hehe i`d like to keep everyone happy and most people that know me would decribe me as friendly and i respect other people's opinion a lot.

i will give you guys feedback once i get the HIDs intalled and drive in them for a while; i think that is the best way to really decide if it worked for me or not, and this way, i am not making assumptions, and i`m pretty sure that nitro would be confident for me to do this.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

no one is mad, its just a friendly discussion. its your car afterall, do what you want :)

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yep, just having a friendly discussion here. :)

But honestly, the reason your lights look brighter is... because they are. They illuminate the immediate foreground much brighter than your stock ones, which sounds good; however, you want good DISTANCE illumination as a car traveling at 80 or so will go past 100' rather quickly and you'd like to be aware of what's out there. ;) Also, the brightness in the immediate foreground screws up our night vision to add insult to injury.

But that's my last $.02 on this... you guys have all the information available to make decisions, so choose your own path.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Nitro, you have a Valor double DIN also? Which model? Mine is DDA-650WT
    [​IMG]

8. mokinbird87

i ordered the yellow tint for my fogs, so this might help me out. i agree on the fact that it illuminates things that are closer better. my problem with visibility is that i cant make out the lines or where the road is that is RIGHT IN FRONT of me, so i guess in this case the HIDs will help me. and places where i travel around 80 mph is very well lit most of the times.

but yea again, thanks for the input. :wavey:

9. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

my fogs help see the road right in front of me and i have my projectors to see further down the road. have you tried to re-adjust your fogs to get better light in front of you?

10. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

sup G? this is the 1 i have....... Valor DTS-605W 6.5" Touch Screen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  11. Alex

nice screen

12. mokinbird87

no, but can you explain in detail as far as how to adjust it for better view?

13. mokinbird87

they looked even nicer fitted in his car man hehe

14. Alex

I thought anyone involved in this thread might appreciate this.

15. mokinbird87

got my HIDs on tonight.. i must say they are VERY impressive! they dont blind anyone on the road thanks to my beam pattern and the nature of the light itself, and i can see MUCHHH better. i think the reason why people say you dont see as far is because since you see a lot more than you used to (especially the immediate ground), so it FEELS like you cant see as far, but the pattern and the distance is exactly same. THANK YOU NITRO!

16. mokinbird87

although, it is obvious that projos would help a lot (lucky 06 owners...)

17. Alex

You dont have to have an 06 to have projectors ;)

18. mokinbird87

heheh alex.. btw, this is my current light set-up!

[​IMG]

and i bought this at the car show and put it up on my side of the garage heh...:coolugh:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  19. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

You realize anyone who doesn't have AOL can't see those links. Plus....most ppl here probably don't use AOhelL.

20. Alex

Actually, it showed up just fine for me ?

21. mokinbird87

hehe yea, made a mistake! you should be able to see it now!

22. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

glad you like it bro...........sorry for the xtra time taken......glad you guys were able to check out the shop & meet some of my friends also:)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  23. LightWerkz

LightWerkz New Member

intresting discussion you guys have going on here. Ill post more when I have time, theres alot to talk about!