Yet another jump to the German side...

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by slade1274, Dec 9, 2010.

1. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Yep, did it this weekend. They offered me more than anticipated for the STi as it sat (appearance wise) that I just "had" to snag the deal- especially considering the CPO status and the sales tax credit for trade ins....

[​IMG]

Love it or hate it compared to the 335i; I drove them both and this hooked me big time. Next stop- TopSpeed

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

nice pick up. yay another BMW!

3. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Will you guys stop? I can't keep up with BMWAtlanta.com. Poor. And jealous.

4. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

If you are to poor to afford the car, then yOu can't afford the maintenance lol. ;)

Grass always looks greener, and when it comes to cars, it's because there is more money involved.

And unless BMW has done something about those hpfp's...don't go near that turbo charged inline 6 from BMW unless it has a warranty. My brother went through 4 of those suckers in 50k miles on his a d/p, fmic, intake, and jb 335.

That being said, sick car! Damn awesome powerband.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I've been debating picking up a 335 or an E63 AMG

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well, congrats! :)

7. Figment

Figment Member

Wow another BMW. Guess I need to step my game up.

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Nice ride.

My next car is likely to be German as well.

Come March I will have had my car for 10 years so it's time for something new for me. I usually switch cars every 2 or 3 years.

9. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I was shocked at how close they got to the STi on trade in considering same model year and ~8k difference in original sticker price.

The HPFP is probably as widespread as the ringland failure on my 08 STi; which would you rather deal with?

Warranty on the STi- 3 year 36k miles
    Warranty on the 135- 6 year 100k miles (certified preowned)

10. nygiant

nygiant Member

not if u take it to topspeed and start doing stuff to void the warranty :(

11. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

My STi warranty- 6 year 100k miles (certified preowned) ;)
    Grats on the new car!

12. John

John Active Member

this site is slowly turning into bmwatlanta.com hahahaha

whats with the sudden surge of BMWs lately?

13. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Not for just a tune. It can reflash back at any time- they've had too much press with the HPFP failures to deny any claim.

One reason for the change- I couldn't stop thinking about a completely unnecessary rotated setup for the STi; the tune, tint, and wheels will be the limit of the mods on the Bimmer.

Yep, that's the way to fly! Now how bout them sways ;)

14. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Beautiful!

15. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Nice! Warranty=good to go. No warranty on those suckers though you better get ready to spend some freakin cash on those FP's.

From what i understand the HPFP issue is MUCH MUCH worse then any sti ringland issue(which was supposed an issue back when 04's came out as well, those ringland havent changed a whole lot in design in the past 6 years). FYI.

16. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Alex, it's time to move over to BMWRXAtlanta.com

17. slade1274

slade1274 Member

probably true, but BMW is actually covering them for 10 years/120,000 miles- fat chance I'll keep it for that long. And the HPFP is a much easier fix than an engine rebuild regardless of failure rate. I was all good with my STi until my buddy actually had a ringland go in his bone stock 08 STi.... just made me reluctant to flog it- especially with the stock warranty coming up. And what fun is having an STi and not flog it?

18. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

That, I did not know. The HPFP issue was one of the main reasons i was not considering a 335/135. My brother also had a vanos issue pop up with his, but i think that was more luck of the draw then anything.

Very interesting.

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hows about it just migrates towards the atlantadc.com -- Atlanta Driving Club ;)

20. longfury

longfury Active Member

Where did you find a 135i CPO? I have been looking for one. That is a 135i isn't it?

21. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Yep, 135i with 6 speed CPO at United in Roswell.

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dang nice Bimmer. Looks like I started something here....lulz

On the HPFP issue.......stay tuned. HorsepowerFreaks has a 335i that they are working on now. I read that they are going to come up with a solution that replaces that pump.

But I can guarantee it won't be cheap like a Walbro or Bosch. It'll be a couple grand i bet.

23. longfury

longfury Active Member

I have been looking for one. I would prefer the auto(or DCT) because of some knee issues I have. I am not looking at getting another manual.