yet another quick springs question

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by bigb996, Jan 29, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i am looking into buying some s techs from a guy for a good price. Only thing is he has an 04 and i have an 02. Will i need new tophats? if so where and how much can i get them?

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

yeah you will need new tophats, but for the price of brand new s-techs, you may as well save yourself time and alittle cash by buying the correct model year springs in the 1st place...
    call lisa at SOG and see how much the tophats are, cuz unless you're getting the springs for less than $100, the additional price of the tophats will put you over te price of brand new s-techs

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea good point....thanks alot man i appreciate it

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

no prob

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Definately just call lisa and ask about the top hats. I'd recommend you look into Whiteline
    spring products as well.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sounds good....thanks alex i will talk to her. I am thinking either prodrive, whiteline, or tein, or eibach.

I actually went ahead and bought a viper remote start/turbo timer/alarm today so i am gonna do that first. When taxes come im gonna get me some springs.

7. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

narrow those choices down to whiteline or prodrive!

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

or complicate it and try to run the uprated 05 STI prodrive springs:naughty:

Brian, JBLMotorsports.com on Nasioc is having a sale on Espelir springs, $150 shipped. The Active Sport Down (ASD) springs are pretty similar to the Teins in springrate. They're progressive and lower the car modestly. I'm thinking very seriously about the Active GT springs but they are only made for 04+, the ASDs are bolt in for 02/03.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Images courtesy of NWWagon on Nasioc. These are the ASD springs on a bugeye wagon.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  9. Alex

Narrow those two down to Whiteline, its "Good Stuff!"

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

dang bobby are those the espilar on the wagon in the pic? thats like the exact drop i want. I just dont want to scrape. The only reason i wanted tein is because they were cheap and i have had them before nad like them. thanks for those pics im gonna look into the espilars especially for that price.

How much do the white lines run?

can i get away without a camber bolt? or will it be a necessity? i am definatly doing alignment.

11. Alex

You only need bolts if you plan on autocrossing and such (you dont really need them if you do plan on autoxing I suppose either). If you want to improve your turn in and overall handling then you'll want to push the camber out far enough, within reason of course, to do so. Check out my thread on Alignment for more information.

Call up Scott and schedule a performance alignment. Your car will drive entirely differently. How much for the whiteline's? I'm not too sure, but they're worth every penny. The S-Techs might as well stand for "slammed-techs". They're definately cheap and worthwile if you're going for looks (and then performance) on a budget. If you have the flow, the whiteline flat outs will drop your car (awesome drop) and improve your handling (and decrease body roll) tremendously!

12. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i just went to scott today he did the performance alignment + it was his longest one ever lol...
    my car now runs great with eibach coil overs & the alignment and scott showed me some ways i can put it in good use.. auto xin... and turn-ins on ramps =-D
    btw thanks scott

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

how much that alignment run ya?

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

ok so i got a killer deal on some eibachs with struts..... which makes my life that much easier.

Question now is how much would it cost for an alignment? i hear the performance one by SS is like 100 something. I dont have that kinda mulla laying around. Could i get just the same form like tire rack or wereever.

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

try mahdavi motorsports for a basic alignment if $100 for an sport alignment is a bit much

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Where did you find this thread on Nasioc? I was looking and didnt see it any where.

I am about to purchase a set of GTs.

17. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

how much is a basic yerrow?

18. Alex

BigB, you'll want the peformance alignment. Not getting one is like buying $600 dress shoes, and refusing to buy the polish to make them bling.

19. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

how much doe mr. siegal charge? and will he fix it if it gets out for free?:)