You guys are gonna kill me...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dontcallitarex, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Not if you do your research. I have never bought a new car. Hell, I have never owned a car with a warranty and the only times I had drop thousands of dollars were "self-inflicted" (aka blowing up motors). At least buy a 2 year old car with a warranty... the depreciation in the first two years is terrible.

And btw, your car does not have paddle shifters. You have an automatic with gear selectors... not to be confused with cars that have real paddle shifters (no torque converter - a manual transmission with a hydrolic system).
    Such as:

Ferrari
    Aston Martin
    BMW

Try not to break a nail shifting gears, sissy. :)

2. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

depreciation is irrelevant if you like the car.

I shopped for 2 years before settling and getting my WRX brand new. ;p

and I intend to drive it til the wheels fall off. And thats because I chose a car I -wanted- to like the entire time. I wasn't buying a 'new car', I was buying a 'car I liked.' Depreciation can't effect that.

Thats also partly why I prefer Clark Howard to Ramsey. ;p

3. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

There is no need for a warranty when you buy a Honda either. They run forever. Therefore, I vote you should have gotten yourself an Si that was the same price as your Fit.

Ultimately, almost everyone on here thinks you did the wrong thing because this is a WRX forum. You traded the car of choice on this site for a fuel efficient mini mini van. ;)

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Once again ;) i am REALLY glad you did what you did.

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

[​IMG]

Helllz Yeaaaaa!

Congrats on the new car, Sucks its not a Suby, and I agree with the "progressively upgrade" quote but you made the right decision even if you could have gotten away with a cheaper used car until you graduated

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

wise decision and i'm sure a very tough one...I keep contemplating on what I'm going to be doing in the next few months w/ my LGT, especially after my speeding ticket the other night. I hope you stay around and don't have to stay out of a scooby for entirely too long!

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

This thread makes me laugh.

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Uh oh. According to that article the Fit doesn't have double wishbone suspension like every other Honda. Mer will probably not give you cookies now!

11. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

win = getting a car you can afford
    fail = getting an AT

12. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

[​IMG]...THIS!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  13. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

:squint:

This is quickly disintegrating into a nasioc style retard-fest.

On another note, I washed her last night for the first time myself (dealer detail was good but construction dust in atlanta quickly took its toll) and the paint is 10798766483254 times better than the wrxs. No swirls, really. Even after hand drying.

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

well thats cool

i personally dig the burnt orange/copper color

15. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

What else did you expect?

16. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha no surprise there :)

17. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

All in your honor. You should be flattered! :fawk:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  18. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm starting to think (hope) that this is just an extremely drawn out April Fools joke.

19. dontcallitarex

Ha, no it isn't. I'll bring it out to a meet sometime.

20. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

How much was it.

21. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

17k out the door he said....give or take

22. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Alright. I'll give ya some back up. Having driven a Fit as a primary vehicle for about 9 months: 1. The manual in the Fit sucks huge, hairy, donkey balls, no joke. Words cannot describe the steaming pile of dogshit this transmission is. So good choice on the AT. 2. I believe that the fit handles equally as well as a wrx, not better, but equally. 3. It's a good choice. The 2009's are even better than the 2008's. 4. I've had problems with the paint, but that's because it sat out everyday for the period of time I drove it. With all that being said, I HATED the car. HATED it. Every minute. I believe that this had to do with the 5 speed. The car is a good runabout, but sucks for highway driving, waaaaay underpowered, and gets distractedly pushed around by the wind at an almost non stop basis. If I had to do it over again, I'd do what Russ did. CONGRATS.

Cliffnotes: VEEEEEEEETTTEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!

23. dontcallitarex

Well I just took my first road trip in teh f1t. And while, yes, it does get pushed around by the wind and big trucks, it seemed perfectly willing to clip along at 80mph on 185. It certainly has more in it. You have to keep it between 4.5k and redline and it zings along nicely.

And the 5mt I drove had a sweet gearbox. But I am not commuting in a MT car again. Ever. It blows.

AND ITS SPELLED VTAK. JEEZ.

24. FACE

FACE Active Member

Best of luck man. We all know we are in some tough times and moneys is the most important thing to hold onto.

:|

25. FACE

FACE Active Member

Best of luck man. We all know we are in some tough times and moneys is the most important thing to hold onto.

26. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Stop double-posting n00bcakes. :p

Russ, you still need to change your name to something different than mine. haha

27. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

:unamused:

28. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

moar pics of the fit. The pic you have on here makes it look like a mini-van. I saw one in person and looks better in person than your pic.

29. dontcallitarex

I took some more pics this weekend down in FL. I'll have them up tomorrow, I'm guessing. :)

30. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  31. dontcallitarex

First post updated with moar pictures.

32. heathbar

heathbar Member

There's something to be said for driving a car for 100k miles without repairing a SINGLE thing! (I put 80k on a 99 civic) Good choice.

33. Galimore

Galimore Member

MUCH better pics! Paint the wheels, tint the windows, and fix the stub-nosed hood and I'd drive it :)

34. Brian

Brian Active Member

the roads those pictures are on look more like florida than ga. where were they taken?

35. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

he said in the first post that they were taken in Florida off HWY 231.

36. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

You're either a real good photographer or that car looks ...well, pretty damn good!

37. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Much much better. Told Ya! :bigthumb: