Your favorite 25k mile tire?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by lsnaple, Mar 23, 2012.

1. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Well it's time for me to get some new tires. I'm looking for a tire to meet these conditions:
    1) last about 25k miles
    2) has good dry and wet grip, but the car currently won't be autocrossed or driven very aggressively. I just like grip :)
    3) isn't ridiculously expensive

Going on 17x7.5 rpf1's. I'm thinking like 225/45/17. I'm kinda thinking about hankook rs3's but not sure if they would last my mileage requirements.

Pilot sports sound good and supposedly have a 30k mile warranty, but are at the higher price range. But if they are known to actually last that long I wouldn't mind shelling out a little extra.

Might be leaning toward falken azenis pt722. They have twice as much mileage warranty, I remember buddies with older azenis back in the day (seemed more like summer only tires), cost about the same as rs3's, but probably at the expense of less grip. Might be the best choice though cause they aren't exactly going to be raced on, unless of course they last long enough to get my car in better shape.

Opinions?

2. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

you may want to consider the continental dw. Not the dws that's more of an all season

3. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I got 27000 miles out of the PS2'S with one track day. Loved them. I'm running the PSS's right now and loving them. I,also, got the Dunlop Star spec's. 26000 miles out of them. Hope this will help.

4. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Thanks. I'll probably make a decision Monday or Tuesday. More opinions?

5. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

When buying tires, I always do the cost per mile analysis (always a guess of course). The PSS's are more expensive up front but they should last longer thus having a lower cost per mile. They do have a 30k warranty unlike the others.

6. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

I've ruled out the rs3s. Not so sure on the falkens, they might be too hard for fun. Thinking the ps, dw, or maybe hankook v12.

^ that's part of the reason I was considering the PS.

7. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

The Hankooks aren't gonna have great mileage but they are a great tire.