Your opinion matters...kind of

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Goose013, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Goose013

Goose013 Member

what do you guys think about an STI hood scoop for my 03' WRX. Should I go with the new 04' STI style or the old style (oem style just bigger)?

2. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Bigger is better

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I thought wider was better.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Both look good. I feel that the OEM 02-03 Scoop fits the line of the car better, but after seeing Milo's scoop, it is defintely nice. Either way, like Married04WRX said, bigger is better.

/Threadjack/ Don't you need to change your username to married05legacygt???

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i say stick with the 02 03 style STI scoop. milos looks good for a few reasons. im not sure how good it would look without the wing risers. too big if you ask me.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I've got the 03 STI scoop on my 03' wrx. I like it, I agree- it fits better with the lines of the hood.

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

03 sti scoop

8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I like my 03STI scoop on my 03 wrx...milos scoop is bad ass though but it definitely helps that his spoiler is raised....not sure if it would look right with a regular spoiler...plus i got mine already painted my factory color so it's just a subtle difference....

9. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I have the STI wing, you can visit my garage for pics, that's why I'm having a hard time making up my mind

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I still think that the curved STI scoop for your 03 WRX fits the curved lines of your 03 hood better than the straight lines of the 04-05 Scoop. On an 04-05, since the hood is all straight it fits well, but with a curvey hood the straight lines of the 05 scoop look a little out of place. I think Milo's looks really good becuase, 1 the carbon fiber matches his risers, and 2 with a black car, the color hides alot of the body lines.

11. Goose013

Goose013 Member

point taken, that was easy...I was leaning towards 03' style to start with. Thanks for the input.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i got pics of my car with the 04 style scoop in the garage if u wanna check it out

13. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

goose we need to get u some sti springs for that wing, one install day :)