Zombie Apocalypse Imminent...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Aug 10, 2011.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

2. My main concern apart from the possibilty of a Zombie Apocalypse would be how many cells are infected in a 'sick' person? If all of your cells are infected and this targets those cells then what happens-does it kill you??In otherword are viral infections always localized in a person?

3. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Thats pretty amazing. This could be the end of all virus caused sicknesses

4. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

This drug is the key to killing zombies LOL

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Cool but eventually those viruses are gonna turn in to super-virus and be immune to the drug. It's just bad stuff down the road.

6. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

no a shot gun is the cure for zombies...........head shot bitch

7. 07Ltd#767

i'm guessing you didn't actually read the article...

it doesn't target the virus, it targets cells that have had their RNA altered due to the virus and kills those cells before they have a chance of multiplying out to spread the virus.

my concern would revolve around good bacteria / viruses that may be present in the body. testing so far has been nothing but positive, but i wouldn't want to be the first guinea pig (unless i was terminal, i guess). this technology is still 20 years out, though

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I did read it. Virus manifest themselves in the cell to live and spread. They have a nasty way of evolving to make what they want happen.

9. Shewb

Shewb Member

I don't think there is such thing as a good virus.

Good bacteria, yes. Virus, no.

10. 07Ltd#767

that we know of. I remember reading somewhere that they're working on viral cancer treatments that go in and destroy cancerous cells. Medical technology is advancing so fast these days

imagine if they had the defense budget to play with...NASA has already said they could put a space station on mars in less than 10 years with one half of ONE YEAR'S defense budget. It's fucking rediculous...

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The defense budget is absurd.

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

No, Skynet good

13. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Cancer killer
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20110811/D9P1J0F81.html

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  14. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Wow that brings a lot of hope to the table with the fight against cancer and other terminal viruses.

My only thought is, what problems or new diseases will we create in the process as a by product? Nature has a way of balancing things.

According to this statistician terminal diseases keeps the population in check which would otherwise cause a big problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY
    I don't agree with all that he says but he does make a good point from a scientific, mathematical perspective.

15. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Then you won't like this: